Lakewood, CA

Posted April 16, 2014
My son attended the YMCA next door for preschool but now is close. He started kinder at ILC he's teacher was Dr.Robinson best kinder teacher ever she is no longer at ILC but we will never forget her she was so involve with the kids and the parents. We miss you dr.Robinson come back to ILC. (Ok back to the school)is great my son is now in 1st grade and have no complains.

Intensive Learning Center 2

Posted November 06, 2013
School is fine as to curiculum and teachers doing their best. Principal consistantly makes parents feel as if she is belittleing them and is very condisending. This is ms. Taylor's second year and she still isn't winning very many people over. Being a great principal isn't just hitting numbers but caring about you staff students and parents that are there to do their best.

Intensive Learning Center 4

Posted January 25, 2013
I have two children currently attending the Intensive Learning Center. Overall, I believe that the ILC is a very good school. Most of the teachers are doing their personal best to balance the INSANE amount of demands that continue to be heaped on to their plates. Though most of their note- worthy programs have been eliminated, the school still tries to provide a fair amount of extra curricular activities for their students. The principal is new and has made quite a few unpopular changes. The school P.T.A. 's commitment to the student body is noteworthy. I feel ALL ILC students have benefitted from the love, dedication, and hard work of their PTA.

Intensive Learning Center 1

Posted May 21, 2012
ILC is a wonderful school...this review is only about the principle. As a parent I have loved every teacher my son and daughter has gotten...I cannot say the same for the principle. She is tearing this school apart...she does not support her staff and the only time she is willing to do anything is when a parent threatens to go to district so she doesnt look bad. She is all about appearances do not be fooled! I fear for the future of ILC if she continues to be principle...If you have the same concerns that I do please let district know!

Intensive Learning Center 4

Posted October 10, 2011
ILC is a great school. My son has been attending ILC since the 3rd grade and is now in the 5th grade. The staff is excellent and so is the PTA. The children really focus on learning and they have lots of Love and Respect for the school and staff. ILC offers many programs and always finds ways to have Fundraisers in order to plan many fun and exciting field trips for the students to enjoy. My son loves his school and I know i made the right choice by enrolling him in this school.

Intensive Learning Center 0

Posted April 23, 2010
The ILC is a great school teachers and parents have high expectations. Their API scores are high (896) considerering all the different socioeconomic levels that attend this school. The demographics of the school are diverse. The campus and classrooms are neat and clean. Uniforms are mandatory which saves parents money in the long run. All teachers are fully credentialed and most teachers have a Master's Degree.

Intensive Learning Center 0

Posted April 18, 2010
In response to the parent that states '5, 7, and 9 year olds to begave like little soldiers for 8 hours straight...., I work at a high school, the lack of respect that high school students show their teachers is sad. Maybe if they had been taught some disipline in elementary maybe they'd show respect now. My child attends the I. L, C. and never once have I seen him treated like a soldier, not does he every complain about the disipline at the school.

Posted March 26, 2010
it's a same that they are cutting hours and teachers when everybody needs more education on difficult times when we have one of the worst economic crisis in the last 50 years.

Posted February 11, 2010
Excellent school! My son transferred into the third grade at this school from a private school and I can honestly say that it is comparable to the quality of education and discipline they get from a private school. I love that they have all of the extras that regular public schools no longer have...such music programs, technology, and best of all Spanish. The AR reading program is awesome because it encourages kids to spend time reading. My son didn't like reading unless it was absolutely necessary (homework). I now find him picking up books just because and even asks me to buy him certain books that he read as part of the AR program that he enjoyed. The discipline is super strict, but definitely necessary. It teaches children that there are consequences to their actions and misbehaving is not tolerated.

Intensive Learning Center 3

Posted December 14, 2009
I have two children who attend the ILC. My husband and I first started out really liking this school, but then year after year we kept getting dissapointed. It really depends on the teacher you get. I dont like the fact that there are 33 kids in my sons 4th grade class. When my son left 3rd his text scores were above average. There is no time to stop a child who needs help because there are to many kids in a class. My son this year is really struggling with the 3 hours of homework he receives on a daily basis. He is only in 4th grade and he spends more time on homework than high school kids. The old principal was very rude, the principle this year seems to be on a power trip. For the school to be so diversed they need to think about diversifiying the teachers!

Intensive Learning Center
4718 East Michelson Street, Lakewood, CA  90712
Last modified Intensive Learning Center is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Intensive Learning Center Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 36 reviews. Top