Lakewood, CA

Posted June 19, 2015
Just had an iep at this school, and they were extremely nice, patient, efficient and accommodating to my daughter! I am so grateful! Looking forward to her enrichment program in the fall.

Intensive Learning Center 1

Posted May 08, 2015
I don't even see how it's legal to deny admittance of a child due to disabilities. This school is on the other side of my house and they won't take my child because he's had an IEP at Stephen Foster (which failed him as well). Where is the money from property taxes going????? No Lakewood school district. So what are we even paying for in Lakewood? Think about it. Bellflower.

Posted January 22, 2015
Really happy with the communication from teachers and staff at this school. My son's both started this year in the middle of the semester and immediately the teachers assured me that they'll make sure my kids transition smoothly. So far I am very satisfied. All of the children from what I've noticed seem to conduct their selves with respect and good structure. Happy that my children are at ILC.

Posted December 29, 2014
The student-teacher ratio is good this year only 20:1! They have a band and do a yearly talent show now. They are upgrading on their computer lab availability as well. PTA and parents seem involved and all events are well attended. Diversity is a strength and aids in the inclusive environment. It's only an 8 on greatschools.org, but can only improve! I would recommend this school to anyone in the Lakewood Area.

Posted April 16, 2014
My son attended the YMCA next door for preschool but now is close. He started kinder at ILC he's teacher was Dr.Robinson best kinder teacher ever she is no longer at ILC but we will never forget her she was so involve with the kids and the parents. We miss you dr.Robinson come back to ILC. (Ok back to the school)is great my son is now in 1st grade and have no complains.

Intensive Learning Center 2

Posted November 06, 2013
School is fine as to curiculum and teachers doing their best. Principal consistantly makes parents feel as if she is belittleing them and is very condisending. This is ms. Taylor's second year and she still isn't winning very many people over. Being a great principal isn't just hitting numbers but caring about you staff students and parents that are there to do their best.

Posted January 25, 2013
I have two children currently attending the Intensive Learning Center. Overall, I believe that the ILC is a very good school. Most of the teachers are doing their personal best to balance the INSANE amount of demands that continue to be heaped on to their plates. Though most of their note- worthy programs have been eliminated, the school still tries to provide a fair amount of extra curricular activities for their students. The principal is new and has made quite a few unpopular changes. The school P.T.A. 's commitment to the student body is noteworthy. I feel ALL ILC students have benefitted from the love, dedication, and hard work of their PTA.

Intensive Learning Center 1

Posted May 21, 2012
ILC is a wonderful school...this review is only about the principle. As a parent I have loved every teacher my son and daughter has gotten...I cannot say the same for the principle. She is tearing this school apart...she does not support her staff and the only time she is willing to do anything is when a parent threatens to go to district so she doesnt look bad. She is all about appearances do not be fooled! I fear for the future of ILC if she continues to be principle...If you have the same concerns that I do please let district know!

Posted October 10, 2011
ILC is a great school. My son has been attending ILC since the 3rd grade and is now in the 5th grade. The staff is excellent and so is the PTA. The children really focus on learning and they have lots of Love and Respect for the school and staff. ILC offers many programs and always finds ways to have Fundraisers in order to plan many fun and exciting field trips for the students to enjoy. My son loves his school and I know i made the right choice by enrolling him in this school.

Intensive Learning Center

Posted April 23, 2010
The ILC is a great school teachers and parents have high expectations. Their API scores are high (896) considerering all the different socioeconomic levels that attend this school. The demographics of the school are diverse. The campus and classrooms are neat and clean. Uniforms are mandatory which saves parents money in the long run. All teachers are fully credentialed and most teachers have a Master's Degree.

Intensive Learning Center
4718 East Michelson Street, Lakewood, CA  90712
Last modified Intensive Learning Center is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Intensive Learning Center Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 46 reviews. Top