Lakewood, CA

Posted May 12, 2013
My school is excellent . Willow can improve on our test score. 800 be a hero like my daughter told me ..

Willow Elementary School 2

Posted January 30, 2013
This school is unbelievable and i dont mean it in a good way. The principal needs more education on how to run the school specially towards the staftt, my child went heree for 1 year and i took my child out. i never had any issues with other schools we went to until i came to this district. I wish they would fire the principal and fine one that is worth the title. They also leave out preschool from their activities and that is not correct. what happend to unity? i dont appreciate that the aids/recess personnell YELL at the childrent and i have had confrontations with the princial about this. Her response was "they have to use outside voices since they are outside" i said, outside voices is understandable but what I hear is Yelling. Either way, I WILL NEVER BRING MY KIDS HERE AGAIN! Unless they change principal and their some school rules. this place is more like a prison than an Elementary school!

Willow Elementary School 3

Posted April 26, 2011
MY CHILD IS CURRENTLY IN THE 6TH GRADE AND HAS BEEN A STUDENT OF WILLOWS SINCE THE 3RD GRADE. IN THE BEGINNING I WAS VERY UNHAPPY WITH ALL THEIR RULES; EX. NOT BEING ABLE TO WALK YOUR KID TO CLASS ALSO, MY CHILD WAS BEING BULLIED AND I WAS TOLD TO HAVE MY CHILD IGNORE THE CHILD...WRONG RESPONSE!! BUT AS THE YEARS WENT ON AND I HAD TO PUT A COUPLE OF THE TEACHERS IN CHK I FEEL THAT THE SCHOOL HAS POTENTIAL IF THEY ALLOW THEIR PARENTS TO BE MORE INVOLVED & UNDERSTAND THAT MOST PARENTS CARE ABOUT THEIR CHILDS WELL BEING AND START FOCUSING ON WHAT COUNTS...THE KIDS!!! HOWEVER, MY CHILD IS HAPPY THERE SO THAT MAKES ME HAPPY!! HE ONLY WISHES THE SCHOOL HAD MORE MONEY SO THEY COULD HAVE A COMPUTER LAB

Posted February 04, 2008

Posted October 19, 2007

Willow Elementary School 3

Posted May 15, 2007
I believe its a big disadvantage to now have tough grade camp at this school. Who ever heard of not being able to go to 6th grade camp and instead they go to softball game and amusement park.....I agree the security is tough, but it keeps the children safe even from their parents!!

Posted February 19, 2005

Willow Elementary School 2

Posted October 08, 2004
My daughter started at Willow Fall 2004.I am extremely disappointed so far. First, they do not allow the kindergartners in the play yard until 5 minutes before the bell rings so they are waiting outside by the street. They school will not allow parents on the campus and are adamant that parents don't set foot on the school grounds. Because of this, parent involvement is sorely lacking and basically discouraged. I believe this is why their API is so low. Also, when a student is late, instead of allowing them to get to class as fast as possible, they make them wait in line to get a note, making them another 10 min. late. On the plus side, my daughter is very happy with her teacher and the full day schedule is a definite advantage. Willow could be greatly improved if they got parents involved and changed some things.

Posted August 26, 2003
The kids need more activities. It is necessary for the older ones more than anything. A lot more involvement [from]the parents and teachers. I think the school has the capability of this and more if we all participate and encourage everyone.

Posted August 26, 2003
I love this school. My kids have done well here and have had great teachers. The principle is involved in everything and makes sure to know every student and parent.

Willow Elementary School
11733 East 205th Street, Lakewood, CA  90715
Last modified Willow Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Willow Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top