Lakewood, CA

Stephen Foster Elementary School 1

Posted May 08, 2015
Great school IF you're Mexican. If not? Forget it! Only caters to Obama's Dreamers in espanol.

Posted October 06, 2013
This is our first year at Stephen Foster. So far, we couldn't be happier. The staff is kind and caring, the teacher (Mrs. Elliott) is extraordinarily patient with the 32 5-year-olds in her class and the motto and daily announcements that focus on awareness and kindness are awesome. A great place to send your child!

Posted October 02, 2013
Ive been a parent of this school for over 10 years. The teachers, staff and Principal have gone above and beyond for my children. The teachers work extremely hard to make sure each individual is taken care of. They also allow you to help in their classes as much as 5 days a week, and I believe you need to build a team of a happy, healthy, learning environment for your child by working together. Every day our Principal stands in front of the whole school with announcements, saying the school pledge, singing a song, as well as a moment of silence. I am truly honored to be able to help at this school as well as allow my children to learn in such a positive place and environment as STEPHEN FOSTER ELEMENTARY. No child is ever left behind, and with that being said... our students will achieve more and gain more self esteem.

Posted September 15, 2013
this is the best school and the office staff have improved very much. best choice for your little one.

Posted March 07, 2013
I love this school. The staff is amazing the principle is so sweet and I love the PTA they are so involved with the kids.

Posted February 05, 2013
I currently have 2 of my 3 sons attending Stephen Foster. My oldest will graduate this year and then my youngest will begin kindergarten in September. I have been extremely happy with every aspect of Foster. There is a ton of parent involvement at Foster. Every morning the entire school (and parents if they chose to stay) gather for the Pledge, a patriotic song, morning announcements, a moment of silence to gather thoughts, and then the Stephen Foster Pledge - "Today has been given to me, fresh and new. I will use it, not throw it away. I will chose to do my best in thoughts, words and actions. Today will be used and not lost" You can't beat a school who sends your children off to learn each morning with that kind of positive energy.

Posted September 05, 2012
stephen foster feels like a private school. the staff are amazing. we always looked forward to each day here at Stephen foster. They always go above and beyond when it comes to the students. This was a school that will never be forgotten .

Posted July 08, 2012
I am promoting from stephen foster and I had a great experiance there. The teachers are very helpful and I never really had a bully problem there. GO LIGHTNING BOLTS!

Stephen Foster Elementary School 4

Posted March 20, 2011
I have two sons who attend this school. One of our sons started here in kindergarten and is now in the fourth grade and our other son is in first grade. They both have had positive experiences. They love their school! There are many extracurricular activities and programs for students! The GATE activities are great , even with budget cuts! I am very happy to have both my sons at Stephen Foster!

Stephen Foster Elementary School

Posted April 13, 2008
I did some student teaching fieldwork at this school and found it to be excellent! They have an outstanding reward program for students that turn in their homework and stay out of trouble. I had the good fortune of attending one of these events and it was highly academic and enriching, alongside being a fun experience for the students. The students are enthusiastic and friendly. I wouldn't hesitate sending my children to this school.

Stephen Foster Elementary School
5223 East Bigelow Street, Lakewood, CA  90712
Last modified Stephen Foster Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Stephen Foster Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 30 reviews. Top