Lakewood, CA

Esther Lindstrom Elementary School 3

Posted November 26, 2011
My daughter attended Lindstrom from kindergarten until sixth grade and has always done academically.But I believe should could have done better if encouraged more by her teachers.She has recieved 4's or 3's on her report cards, but her last report card was tarnished with a 2 in math because of the lack of communication from her teacher. Her teacher never let me know her grade had dropped from a 4 to finally a 2, not even on her progress report. After talking to her teacher, she replied "I have over 100 students I can't focus on one".Some parent teacher commitment ! A student going from a 4 to a 2 without any communication between the parent and teacher looks like her teacher did not care about her. Isn't this part of a teachers job? If i had known vitale information from her teacher , i could have done my job as a parent.

Esther Lindstrom Elementary School 4

Posted September 14, 2011
My three children attended Lindstrom and we've found the school to be competent to proficient in academics, discipline, and socialization. We were highly engaged parents so that made a difference and found most of the teachers we meet to be highly committed to teaching. One nit: excessive homework, which I personally believe to be educational "fluff" to make up for less than concentrated or creative teaching modalities or curricula. There is more to teach, so more effective and efficient methods are needed since the school year doesn't get any longer. But this is probably a criticism of many schools.

Esther Lindstrom Elementary School 2

Posted July 27, 2011
The only teachers at this school that were worth while when my child was there were her teachers from K-2. The rest did not care about teaching the kids but just wanted their money and put no time in for my child. One of her teachers actually COMPLAINED about having to grade tests. Why in the world did she become a teacher then?

Posted August 06, 2009
Esther Lindstrom is an excellent school by my opinion.

Posted May 13, 2009
This is the best school for kids to go to.

Esther Lindstrom Elementary School

Posted April 13, 2008
I am of the belief that the school's test scores reveal high parent involvement rather than superior teaching. Students that require differentiated instruction or need any sort of accommodation should look elsewhere. While there are a couple of excellent teachers that strive to keep up with contemporary teaching strategies, there are also a couple that are using techniques from 30 years ago...in other words - too much desk work and little or no enriching experiences.

Esther Lindstrom Elementary School 3

Posted October 02, 2007
I have a student in 4th grade at this school. I do not think that their is enough attention focused on student achievment. Mine happens to be a straight A student ,but in the 4 years that he has been with this school, there has never been recognition for anything. I also am not certain why they dont offer after school programs. There are many areas of concern with this school, but the Parents and staff are great.

Posted March 10, 2005
We were introduced to Lindstrom as a result of my son's referral to a total inclusion program. We have been very pleased with the results. The academic program is rich and the staff are very qualified and highly motivated. There are measures in place to deal with any number of common problems in school life, including special lunchtime socialization opportunities for the 'loners'. My son has demonstrated a dramatic turn around. His grades have improved to the extent that he often earns A's and his participation in class has gone from none at all to fully engaged. He is enjoying a sense of achievement he lost in earlier years at another school.

Posted March 05, 2005
Academics are a high priority at Lindstrom Elementary. We have a wonderful Special Day program for kids with special needs. Our Kindergarten students are pre readers when they are on their way to 1st grade. We have outside school in the spring for our 6th graders. We have dedicated teachers who make learning wonderful in this environment. Our parent partcipation is outstanding! We have the best parents anywhere.

Esther Lindstrom Elementary School
5900 North Canehill Street, Lakewood, CA  90713
Last modified Esther Lindstrom Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Esther Lindstrom Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top