Bad
Good

The staff and parents are very involved. My daughter has attended since 2010. My son is now in kindergarten 2015. I think there are always areas of improvement. For one. . Can we please stop changing principals! ! And the new motto for the Lindy Lions "roar" ..I'm not feeling it. Loved when Mr Alexander would make the morning announcements and would start with. .this day has been given to me fresh and new. . We can choose to learn from it or throw it away. Today I will do my best and so on. .that was awesome! ! Hope they bring it back. I also hope they reinforce the drop off and pick up zone. . It's not for parking people! !!! The food could be better for 2.25 each meal if you buy from the cafeteria. This would be an excellent school if they took out common core math. It is terrible! !! Please look into it parents... the math our children are learning is ridiculous. I'm looking into home schooling because of it.

My daughter attended Lindstrom from kindergarten until sixth grade and has always done academically.But I believe should could have done better if encouraged more by her teachers.She has recieved 4's or 3's on her report cards, but her last report card was tarnished with a 2 in math because of the lack of communication from her teacher. Her teacher never let me know her grade had dropped from a 4 to finally a 2, not even on her progress report. After talking to her teacher, she replied "I have over 100 students I can't focus on one".Some parent teacher commitment ! A student going from a 4 to a 2 without any communication between the parent and teacher looks like her teacher did not care about her. Isn't this part of a teachers job? If i had known vitale information from her teacher , i could have done my job as a parent.

My three children attended Lindstrom and we've found the school to be competent to proficient in academics, discipline, and socialization. We were highly engaged parents so that made a difference and found most of the teachers we meet to be highly committed to teaching. One nit: excessive homework, which I personally believe to be educational "fluff" to make up for less than concentrated or creative teaching modalities or curricula. There is more to teach, so more effective and efficient methods are needed since the school year doesn't get any longer. But this is probably a criticism of many schools.

The only teachers at this school that were worth while when my child was there were her teachers from K-2. The rest did not care about teaching the kids but just wanted their money and put no time in for my child. One of her teachers actually COMPLAINED about having to grade tests. Why in the world did she become a teacher then?

Esther Lindstrom is an excellent school by my opinion.

This is the best school for kids to go to.

I am of the belief that the school's test scores reveal high parent involvement rather than superior teaching. Students that require differentiated instruction or need any sort of accommodation should look elsewhere. While there are a couple of excellent teachers that strive to keep up with contemporary teaching strategies, there are also a couple that are using techniques from 30 years ago...in other words - too much desk work and little or no enriching experiences.

I have a student in 4th grade at this school. I do not think that their is enough attention focused on student achievment. Mine happens to be a straight A student ,but in the 4 years that he has been with this school, there has never been recognition for anything. I also am not certain why they dont offer after school programs. There are many areas of concern with this school, but the Parents and staff are great.

Last modified Esther Lindstrom Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.