Cleveland Elementary School 4

Posted September 29, 2014
I went here for kindergarden and first grade it's an amazing school the teachers really care about you

Cleveland Elementary School 3

Posted May 05, 2014
The new Principal is ruining this school. Now they want to charge kids to vote to change the mascot. What is wrong with the mascot it already is, and why should only the kids that can afford it get to vote?

Cleveland Elementary School 1

Posted January 30, 2014
Unfortunately we moved into the area and were looking forward to having a great experience with this school. My son was in the afterschool program (Kids Club) and within 2 months he was hurt due to playgroung activity, yet no one noticed until I arrived to the school and gasped at his face. When asked what happened, I was told by the adults that they didn't know, and his face wasn't like that 5 minutes ago...though he had not been outside for well over 30 minutes according to the log sheet. The next month I received a phone call from the school, asking if I had picked my son up. The worst call a parent can ever get. I explained that I had not picked him up... I was told that some of the "kids" said they saw him leave with someone else, when asked how long had he been missing I was told 15 minutes but we'll continue to look for him and call you back! ABSOLUTELY NOT! I called the office and asked what was going on...while speaking to the office, I received a call from Kids Club stating "oh we found him, he was in the office" which was 6 doors down. When I explained my disdain to the principal she just say "oh sorry to hear that". I withdrew him the next day! We won't be back!

Cleveland Elementary School 2

Posted September 08, 2012
This school is in a cycle of decline due to poor leadership by the new principal. Communication to parents came almost exclusively from the PTA and was unorganized, with wrong dates or after the fact. Communication from the principal and teachers was almost non-existent. The school boasts a music program, science fair, and strong PTA, but the reality is that the music program had 4 students--2 trumpets, a clarinet and a flute--the 400 member PTA had 10-15 people actually involved, and science fair never had any "fair"--just turn in the project and then pick it up weeks later with a participation medal. Participation in what? The PTA board runs the school. They are a small group of friends who do not share any information regarding how money is spent. They spent $2000 on themselves for a PTA conference and $400 for their own board end of year party, while allocating only $350 for the school wide Science Fair (which was non-existent). At the end of the year, I attended other open houses at nearby schools to compare. The first graders seemed to be about 1/2 year behind the other schools. My child is no longer attending this school as we would like her to attend college one day.

Posted November 01, 2010
Cleveland has been a great school for my kids.The staff is always caring and there to help the kids with there education and support them in the areas in which they might have problems.All students are supported and remembered for who they are as individuals.PTA does a wonderful job.CLEVELAND ROCKS YOU HAVE ARE VOTE FROM THE COATS FAMILY....

Posted October 24, 2010
We moved to Lakewood to attend this school. Everyone is involved from the principal, teachers, parents, amd administrative staff. There are great before and after school programs such as Kids Club. My son has thrived at school and I feel comfortable talking tonthe principal, teachers, and attending PTA meetings.

Posted October 06, 2010
Cleveland ROCKS!!! The staff, parents, PTA, and mostly the kids! All come together and make a great teaching experience!

Posted October 06, 2010
Mrs drysdale is the best!!!! And we have the best PTA around!

Posted October 06, 2010
Graeat staff all around great parent involvement and great kids make learning fun. Excellent results!!

Posted October 06, 2010
solid teaching. Great leadership.They really care about the kids

Cleveland Elementary School
4760 Hackett Avenue, Lakewood, CA  90713
Last modified Cleveland Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cleveland Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 50 reviews. Top