Lakewood, CA

Posted October 13, 2014
I went to this school from 1st grade to 5th. I was completely let down. The teachers had no interest in helping, they just wanted to get the job done. about 3 of my teachers paid no attention to what was going on, and the 2 others have retired. Please don't send your child here. A lot of bullying happens, and the principle does not help what so ever. If I had a child I would prefer homeschooling her than sending her to this miserable place. Honest truth. please take my advise.

Posted March 13, 2012
I have a son in kinder that is in special needs for autism. Teacher decided to cut his hair. My son had spiral curly hair about ear length. Never got any notification from the teacher that there was an issue with his hair. The first time it happened I got a phone call at work and a zip lock bag with his hair in it. Had a talk with the teacher that after noon which I thought was clear that we don't like his hair short.Then the second time it happened 2 months later with out my consent I spoke to the principal. It was amazing to see how dismissive the administration was of the situation. Totally sided with the teach as if they had done us a favor and did not even get an apology out of the whole situation. Reported it to the school district and the only thing they did was say it would not happen again. The school district called the school first before hearing what we as parents had to say. I feel very disrespected and how are you suppost to trust people like that with your child. I have 2 other children at different LBUSD schools and Never had an issue with any one. Parents be a voice for your children.

Gompers K-8 5

Posted February 26, 2012
We love Gompers! Both my boys have excellent teachers in 4th grade. The administration is great, all the teachers, staff, PTA, and parents all work well together. It is a nice community that is involved together.

Gompers K-8 5

Posted November 11, 2011
So far so GREAT!! My son just started kinder this year and we both are enjoying it very much. He has an amazing teacher that truly cares about each child. We are very excited to see what the rest of the school year holds for him. We love Gompers! I went here as a child and it was great then and it is even grater now. Proud to have my son attending this school and lookong foward to enrolling my daughter in 4 years :)

Posted October 13, 2011
My husband and I are completely let down by this school. Our 2 daughters have been attending this school k-4th and this year our oldest is in the 5th and it has all gone down hill since last year. They need to be more strict on the kids behavior towards one another. Our oldest has been going through a bullying issue and it has been a very serious black on white race issue. We are extremely let down by the way this issue has been handled and agree that if this was the other way around it would have been taken more seriously.

Gompers K-8 3

Posted May 12, 2010
Nice school, teachers seem engaged in the students best interest; less impressed with the leadership, but overall good quality school in Lakewood.

Gompers K-8 4

Posted April 28, 2010
the teachers are very good , well the teachers my kids have now and the school is kept up very well !

Gompers K-8 0

Posted September 16, 2009
The teachers at Gompers are wonderful. They work very hard at to inspire the students. Gompers has a great PTA. They also have some of the best parents who volunteer in the classrooms to help out the teachers. I'm proud of our school and all they are trying to do for our kids.

Gompers K-8 2

Posted August 28, 2009
Gompers middle school serves good studies and allows a student, like myself, to appreciate the help most teachers offer. I really wouldnt know classes outside of the gate progam, only because i was in the gate program. You see a lot of the teachers at that school, along with the staff, only see gompers academic wise. Many problems happen socially. I myself didnt have much problem with friends or making them, but some students in my class did. So basically, i think that the school staff should focus on that. I didnt really like the school very much. I think the Elementary portion is very well organized in the way that parents would appreciate. As for the middle school, not so much. This school has many pivate issues to deal with. the matter should be resolved when the staff is aware. Which might not be as quik as it should be.

Posted April 24, 2009

Gompers K-8
5206 Briercrest Avenue, Lakewood, CA  90713
Last modified Gompers K-8 is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Gompers K-8 Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 32 reviews. Top