Lakewood, CA

Monroe K-8 4

Posted March 10, 2011
I have had really good experiences with this school. My kids' teachers have been excellent and my kids have loved them all. It's been really exciting to see how parents & teachers have been trying to make the school better every year.

Posted October 22, 2010
THE STAFF CONTINOUSLY STIVES TO MAKE OUR SCHOOL BETTER FOR OUR KIDS IN EVERY WAY POSSIBLE.

Posted October 21, 2010
Monroe School has great teachers and staff. They genuinely care about the students and their education. They make learning fun, which is what kids need to keep them interested.

Posted October 20, 2010
Great program for scholars from 1st graders and up.

Posted October 20, 2010
I love the K - 8 program it offers, I also love the accelerated courses it offers from 1st - 8th grade. This school has some of the best teachers in the area!

Posted June 08, 2010
principal and staff are all excelent and steller, very professional and educated. There are no incidents of abuse.

Posted February 15, 2010
Amazing, as I read these reviews it is exactly what I have seen and experienced at this school. Not friendly and not safe, lots of bullying and no one on staff, from principal down, cares. I pulled my kids out. If your child goes here keep an eye on what goes on and if there is trouble and no one cares, send a registered letter to the superintendent. Rating? there is no option for going into the negative.

Posted June 12, 2009
2009-2010 was my sons first year at monroe. They were in first and third grade. We had a pretty good year. I read some reviews from other parents and we did not have any problems with bullying. In My opinion the school has been strict with safety and conduct. Maybe they took heed on what parents were complaining about and are taking action. I was just a member of the PTSA last year. Now I am going to actually participate which is the problem with a lot of schools. There is not enough parent participation.

Posted February 03, 2009
We have only been at this school for one year. Not very family oriented- not happy with the no celebration of holidays. I believe that it is part of our childrens memories, and they are way too worried a bout being PC.

Posted January 12, 2009

Monroe K-8
4400 Ladoga Avenue, Lakewood, CA  90713
Last modified Monroe K-8 is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Monroe K-8 Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top