Bad
Good

Eastside Elementary School 5

Posted August 13, 2013
Our grandchildren go to Eastside Elementary in Lancaster. We are very happy with the school. All of the staff are great people and very caring. We are impressed with the teaching staff and all of the admistration staff along with the classified staff are all very caring and super. Keep up the good work.

Eastside Elementary School 1

Posted September 16, 2012
This school is a JOKE!!! Most of the elementary schools in this valley are a disgrace to education! I feel bad for our children's future because it's looking very grim. I spoke with the teachers ((A) too many students in one class so some fall through the cracks, (B) Some teachers just need to retire). I then spoke with the Principal ((A) who took it right back to the fact that they are overbooked and so transferring to a competent teacher would be impossible, (B) Some teachers just need to retire and even they know it). I went to the district ((A) overbooked and because D's were not yet F's tutoring was not in the budget, (B) Even THEY already know (for the sake of our children) some teachers just need to retire!!!) I know I went through all the right channels for a year, I called at least every 2 weeks because I CARE about my children's education and I got NO where, my child lost a year of education! Not again this year... I took an extra job so that I could pay for both of my children's tutors! Thank you to the Lancaster and the Eastside school districts for NOTHING! And since I was a teacher myself, THERE IS NO EXCUSE! Something needs to be done for our children.

Eastside Elementary School

Posted March 25, 2010
If you feel like your child is not getting an appropriate education in the school they are attending then you need to speak with the teacher. If this doesn't resolve the issue(s) then you need to speak with the principal. Finally, if this still doesn't remedy the issue you can then go to the district that's in charge of all the schools. It seems to me that the parent that is complaining hasn't taken the necessary recourse of action. Help fix the problem by finding a solution instead of complaining! Believe it or not, teachers find it difficult to get in contact with the parents of failing students. It's as if these parents go into hiding because they don't want to help their child to learn. The parents of students that are doing well are in constant contact with the teacher.

Eastside Elementary School 1

Posted March 24, 2010
This school scores in the bottom 1% in the nation. Does't that say it all? No, the teachers aren't up to Par, OR are you saying that the bottom 1% is good enough for you? Not for me. Homework is never corrected, it's just gone over in class (sometimes) so if the kids don't get it no one notices until they Fail the tests! That's just not right. No tutor help, Lots of kids left behind.

Posted January 29, 2010
I really do love this school my daughter has attended kindergarten and 1st grade and so far the teachers have been GREAT!

Eastside Elementary School 5

Posted July 20, 2009
I love this school! It has small classe sizes and the teachers really care about the students. By the end of kindergarten knowing how to read which helped her in first grade. Now she is going into second grade reading 135 words per min and is reading at 3-4th grade level.

Posted September 13, 2007
Well, I went to eastiside for 5 years.It was a great school.I loved my techers, and classes were awesome.I learned english there since I only speak spanish. Now I'm a straight A student.

Posted May 10, 2005
This school is great. The principle shows great concern and effort to make each student feel special and noticed. The teachers are kind and great teachers. I like that my daughter already is switching classrooms in the second grade for music and other activities.

Eastside Elementary School
6742 East Avenue H, Lancaster, CA  93535-7849
Last modified Eastside Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.