Piute Middle School

Public | 6-8

Posted January 23, 2013

piute middle school isamazing, the teachers here help you believe that you can succeed in life!

Posted July 13, 2011

I went to Piute from 6th-part of 7th grade till I moved back to PA. I loved being in that school and hated to move. I am now 35 yrs old and still remember it like it was yesterday. I love Piute and always will. I wish there was a way that I could get a copy of all the kids that were there when I was. I'd like to get ahold of some of my old friends and see how they're doing. The years I was there were 1987-1989. If u can help, I'd very much appreciate it as I do not remember everyone's names. Thank u very much.

Posted June 5, 2011

Several of the teachers at this school are totally disgruntled and like to air their gripes on line and complaints about the principal and budget. Mr Glatfelter isn't responsible for the huge budget cuts. So Ms Nighbert, Ms Del la Tova, Jenny Fuller (and you don't even teach in this district any more), and especially Lori Christensen, who likes to stir up negativity, if you don't like your jobs, go find different careers. Students needs positive role models, depsite the budget and what your benefits are, you get far better benefits than any other person in this state, be happy you have a job!

Posted April 1, 2011

I Love Piute! Warrior Pride!(: Im A 7th Grader Im In Advance Classes! I Love This School Theres Soo Many Oppertunties! Even Thouqh The School Is Old There's Amazinq Teachers That Help Students Reach Thier Goals Nd No Student Is Left Behind! We Hav Band Witch I Am In . Its Sooo Amazinq! soo Many Experinces That I Wouldnt Chanqe! Theres Leadership,Spanish Class,ColorGuard, So Many Thinqs. Sometimes There Is Drama Once In a While But Not Everyday. I Would Recomeend This School even Thouqh It Looks Bad Its Not Once You Get To Kno The School Its Amazinq Nd Were The 3 Or 2 Hiqhest MIddle Schools In The Av! Give It A Go(:

Posted August 15, 2010

I love Piute its so fun. I am in the advanced 7/8th grade band class . Band Is so fun u play in concerts and u get to march in the lancaster christmas parade. The have very nice teachers Like Mr. Adriano, Mr. Ervin, Ms. Kingsley, and Coach Hazard. I was in the girls volleyball team but they got rid of volleyball because of budget cuts. The lunches are good to like their salads and burritos. Oh ya and I am in the 8th grade.

Posted May 14, 2010

I am an eighth grade GATE student at Piute Middle School and I will be promoting in just a few weeks. I'm so depressed that I will be leaving this school; I've become so attached to it. The teachers are great and our principals are doing their absolute best to keep the best learning environment possible. Piute's test scores have gone up multiple points the last few years, and we've beaten part of the schools in the district. This year has been the first year in many that Piute has gotten the music program back. I'm in the guitar class, and the new music teacher Mr. Adriano is absolutely fantastic. I've learned so much from him; he is very skilled. I'd definitely recommend taking his music class next year: Band, Guitar, or Advanced Guitar. These last three years have been so memorable, and I'm going to miss this great school.

Posted April 21, 2009

Very good school!!very intelligent students.I would say best in district area all the way to palmadale.It beat cole,parkviewect.Go warrriors!!

Posted September 24, 2007

I Attend Piute Middle School And And Iam In The Seventh Grade And The Thing I Like About The School Is the Teachers Like Currisa Welsh,Donald Hodges,Cathy Wright, Mr. Deshler,Ms.Kingsly.The 2 Main Things I Think What Makes The School Looks Like It Has A Bad Reputation Is The Attitude Of Some Students Who Dont Treat The Teachers And Staff With The Same Respect That They Treat Every One With.Also The Attitude Of Some Students To Treat The School Bad By Littering Not Following Rules Like Fighting, Arguing, And The Gum Rule.
—Submitted by a student

Posted December 9, 2006

Well I think that piute is a great school. I love this school and so does my kids .They love their green track teachers.They love their security guards and principles very much.I wouldnt blame them .They are so kind.They able to play sports after school and sometimes during lunch. They also have fn during pe.Its very safe and educational.They are never harrased.So I think that this school is best for your child.Also the vollyball team was all about fun the coach is also a good language arts teacher mr.Conte.The parent are very involved they are also nice and fun.Piute was also very welcoming.My child was so happy that she started there.My son was very exuted when he started this year.He loves all the activities that they have.My daughter tryes out fir every thing she could.Sothats what I think abot piute middleshool.

Posted January 12, 2006

I have to say that Piute Middle School has taken an active stance in ensuring that each student receives a quality education. I also like the fact of the Piute Newsletter which is sent home to keep the parents up to date as to what is going on in the school. The other thing that I like about the school is the fact that the teachers that my children have had are very flexible when it comes to parent teacher conferences. Some I have done online because of my work schedule and others I have done over the phone. Also when I ask for a weekly report of how my child is doing, they are willing to oblige me in my request. It is a very good school.

Posted October 6, 2003

I have a student at Piute, in the GATE program. My child feels valued by her teachers, and in turn, values her teachers. Her GATE classes are wonderful; I wish all her classes were GATE level. My daughter had some problems with teasing her first year; teachers & administrators corrected the problem immediately! Do not let 'low' school test scores influence your opinion of this fine school; my child does A-level work because she works hard and cares! Bravo, Piute teachers! for inspiring my child! Suggestions? A Drama program! She'd love to participate!

Posted September 9, 2003

My son had the best ever teacher while he attended Piute. Her name is Jeanette Crounse. She was his band teacher. My son was small with an attitude. Mrs. Crounse took him under her wing and showed him love and respect and made him realize his potential. She never made him feel like he was a pain or bother to her. He was having problems outside of school and she was still there to help. I praise Mrs. Crounse for all she did or my son. I believe he is a better person for having Jeanette Crounse as his teacher. I want to thank her for all the hard times she went through with us. For all the time and energy and money she put into her program to make these kids feel like they deserve the very best life has to offer. I also want to thank the principals for supporting Mrs. Crounse. You are all the BEST! Thank you.

The API reflects year-over-year schools performance based on STAR test score results from spring 2012.

This school's

(2012)

1 / 10

3 / 10

API Growth scores over time

Did this school meet the API goal this year?
  • This school did not meet its schoolwide API target for 2012.
  • This school has not yet met the state goal of 800.

API Growth scores by subgroup

Did this school meet all the API goals for student subgroups this year?
  • This school did not meet all student subgroup API targets for 2012

Change from
2011 to 2012

-30

Change from 2011 to 2012
Comparing the API Growth to the Base shows whether or not this school's test score performance improved between Spring 2011 and Spring 2012. The API ranges between 200 and 1000, with 800 as the statewide goal for all schools. Schools scoring below an 800 are given at least a 5 point target for the next year.
API Statewide Rank
(2012)

1 / 10

API Statewide Rank (2012)

3 / 10

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 60% in 2013.

153 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 55% in 2013.

154 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 86% in 2013.

35 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 60% in 2013.

341 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 52% in 2013.

305 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 50% in 2013.

276 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 57% in 2013.

363 students were tested at this school in 2013.

2010

General Mathematics (Grades 6 & 7 Standards)

82 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Geometry

The state average for Geometry was 85% in 2013.

31 students were tested at this school in 2013.

History - Social Science Grade 8 Cumulative

404 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 67% in 2013.

365 students were tested at this school in 2013.

All Students20%

Parent education - high school graduate29%
Parent education - some college (includes AA degree)31%
Parent education - college graduate20%
Parent education - declined to staten/a

General Mathematics (Grades 6 & 7 Standards)

All Students0%

English learnern/a
Fluent-English proficient and English only48%
Gifted and talented64%
Parent education - not a high school graduate64%
Parent education - high school graduaten/a
Parent education - some college (includes AA degree)n/a

• Michael Davis
Fax number
  • (661) 940-6676

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

425 East Avenue H-11