Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Student (1 response)

Posted March 07, 2016
I'm am not happy that the teachers in this school don't know how to teach properly. They need to get off their phones and teach these kids some thing useful. Bring in a music class to and let the kids dress out for P.E. So far this school has been nothing but a disappointment. Find me some teachers that care and want to be here. Or else get involved and help these teachers to care. Something please!!!

Posted May 22, 2014
I can NOT recommend this school to anyone. After the nearby elementary school closed down, they squeezed the fifth graders into the middle school, so now the school is overcrowded. My child was in a classroom with over 60 students (and 2 teachers). Who can learn in a setting like this? They should have used two separate classrooms and there would have been less distractions for the students. Sometimes, the schoolwork is not graded correctly or the teacher will mark correct answers as wrong. When you point it out, trying to have your child get the grade she deserves, it is acknowledged but I don't see that the grade is changed to the correct grade. Also, it seems like foster children or children from less advantaged households are punished for almost nothing, and not treated fairly in the classroom or on campus in general. The teachers have favorites and bullies the students that are not their favorites or have problems. A few teachers at this school that are great, but the ones we came in contact with were not. I would encourage everyone to stay away from this school, nothing there encourages learning, it's a wasteland; culturally, intellectually and educationally.

Challenger Middle School 2

Posted January 23, 2014
I am thoroughly disappointed in the total lack of feedback that the teachers give to the parents. It's not just one teacher, but all of my son's teachers fail to let me know if/when my child is behind in class. This is unacceptable to me. Part of being a teacher is to make sure that the students are keeping up, and if that is not the case - the teacher should reach out to the parent(s). I should not find out after the fact. The next step will be discussing these issues with the Principal.

Challenger Middle School 5

Posted May 28, 2013
Going into 8 grade, I am really going to miss this school. Except some of the staffing they are just flat out rude and disprespectful. The students are very nice and so are the teachers. I sometimes wish that we didn't have weekends because I love school and I have NEVER said that in my life. I wont regret saying that either. Sports this year was great it as so much fun and a lot of people enjoyed it. I really recommend this school :)

Posted February 01, 2013
As a parent I must say this school is horrible. The administrators seem to be out of touch with what their responsibilities really are. My child has bee threatened by several students in the presence of staff and they have said nothing. The students are unruly and disrespectful. I recently attended parent teacher conferences and was told that the reason why my child does NOT receive homework in English or history because it is AGAINST DISTRICT POLICY TO GRADE HOMEWORK. This is because some of the students have such bad home lives that they can't be expected to complete it. My child has went from strait A's to D's and F's. There are too many distractions at this school that prevent learning and productivity. There is almost no parent teacher contact unless you as the parent starts it. Then I've had one administrator act as if he was irritated I was interested in my child's performance. Needless to say my child will no longer be attending this institution and I would not recommend it to anyone. I have so many more things to say but not enough space to write it in.

Challenger Middle School 5

Posted August 01, 2012
Im currently a 8th grader in CMS its the best school ever i love it there the teachers create such a learning experience for us and well for the students that ACTUALLY BEHAVE we have such a great time not like those trouble makers that disrespect our great teachers and get into trouble and for the parents of the kids that hate our school you should probably check how much your kids misbehave and get into trouble and i believe our school got a grant and might reestablish our extra curricular activities and well its a great enviorment for us students

Posted May 17, 2012
As a student there from the end of seventh and all of eighth grade(2010-2011), i must say that this school (compared to the two others i have attended) is the worst that i have have the misfortune of attending. The staff is unruly and disrespectful, as well, they do not discipline the children to the best of their ability. The students are extremely lacking in respect, yes this is the parent's fault be that as it may. I would not recommend this school to anyone, I would sooner return to Lancaster than go here. There is nothing motivating the children and nothing for extra curricular activities, they have even removed the last elective they offered, art. There is no band, there is no art, there is nothing and i highly regret attending this establishment. Please, unless you wish fights and teasing upon your child, avoid this school at all costs.

Posted April 02, 2012
I am extremely happy that this will be the last school year my child has to attend CMS. I have had nothing but problems with the school since my child was in the 1st and is now in the 6th (will most likely have to be held back for the second time). I would not recommend this school to anyone. I also feel that in order for your child to succed in this district is if you are part of the "good ole boy" network. CMS is of no value to our children and the staff and administration should be replaced at once.

Challenger Middle School 3

Posted January 31, 2012
This school has to greatly improve their discipline program. Classes are constantly disrupted by a few students, but nothing is done to punish them. CMS is run like an elementary school, instead of a middle school. The students must be prepared for high school life.

Challenger Middle School 3

Posted January 30, 2012
This school has so much to improve on. Part of the problem is the budget, partly the students, and partly the faculty. Aside from that, its a pretty good school!

Challenger Middle School
41725 North 170th Street, East, Lancaster, CA  93535-7124
Last modified Challenger Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 5-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.