918 students|Manteca Unified

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Mossdale Elementary School 3

Posted September 28, 2015
We pulled our kids out of Mossdale in favor of River Island and STEAM Academy. The last straw with Mossdale was our 2nd grade child's experience. We went through a full year conflicted with how or if we really should reinforce the discipline that our son's 2nd grade teacher insisted he needed. She claimed repeatedly that he was a disruption to the class and her ability to reach the struggling students in her class because he was always trying to answer the questions she posed in class.....isn't that what kids are supposed to do? We moved him to STEAM in River Island and he is flourishing there. The 3rd grade teacher there seems to really appreciate ours son's desire to participate and learn, rather than shut him up, like the Mossdale experience. I would recommend looking at your options. If you are willing to drive your children a couple of miles, consider RITechA or STEAM. Mossdale isn't worth the Mello-Roos we are paying.

Posted September 27, 2013
It is a beautiful school. Teachers are excellent. Students are working hard. Need to have plan for trips to DC for 8th Graders. It is an experience of a life time. We need to have more parent involvements.

Posted July 08, 2013
My children have been at Mossdale for the 6 years it has been open. I specifically moved to this area so my kids could go here. The staff has been nothing but supportive and caring towards students and parents. The teachers go above and beyond to reach their students. I see the dedication in their jobs by all the extra UNPAID time they devote to their students. I am realistic in the fact that much of what is taught in schools is dictated by the district, and ultimately the state, as there are standards that have to be met. The few negative comments or attitudes toward the school/teachers have been from parents who don't take responsibility for their children's behaviors and place blame on everyone else. Teachers still manage to reach their students through the time constraints, unsupportive parents, struggling students, lack of educational funding and state testing. They go above and beyond what is required of them on a daily basis. I am so impressed by the teachers and staff, and feel blessed my children go to Mossdale!

Posted May 03, 2012
Great school. The teachers and staff are great. They have been improving every day. I am happy with the teaching level and care that has been given to individual students.

Posted March 28, 2012
The best place for education in lathrop.The teachers are very patient and good educators .

Posted December 03, 2010
Great job! API is increased again! My son is in the 4th grade and he got a lot of homework to do everyday, the good thing about homework is that the teacher cares about the kids' study. Cong' s! Even my kid is not doing good last year, I still feel happy about this school. Next year my little one will be in Kingdergarden and I hope the school will be better and better and my kids will do better and better!

Posted October 29, 2010
This is a FANTASTIC school! We have 2 children who have always been honor students. We have been with the school since they first opened about 3 years ago. I am so impressed with this school, the teachers are excellent and staff is warm and friendly. I am very impressed with the principal she is on top as far as educationally focused and still so wonderful with the parents and children! The school is new, the campus is laid out beautifully and the classrooms are so high tech! You couldn't ask for a better school environment or nieghborhood safety wise either. As a military wife (living all over the world) , a mom and past teacher myself I have a lot of experience in many areas relating to this.. I would give Mossdale A++! Most people pay for thier children to attend a school of this quality. - Bravo

Posted July 11, 2009
My son has had a great two year run at Mossdale and now it's my daughter's turn to enter the school. I would love to see more tearch and parent volunteers at school functions though.

Mossdale Elementary School

Posted March 17, 2009
Mossdale is the best school my children have ever attended. Mrs. Meydam is a great forth grade teacher.

Posted November 13, 2008
Mossdale is a great school. This is my first year there and we have only been there since late September. My son has definitely had more challenging homework than his other school and he really likes it there. The school is very diverse and the staff is very friendly. The only thing that concerns me is that I feel the school lacks security considering it goes up to 8th grade. Often times, the little ones are mixed in with the older kids, yikes!

Mossdale Elementary School
455 Brookhurst Boulevard, Lathrop, CA  95330-8688
Last modified Mossdale Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mossdale Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top