Posted November 25, 2013
I am a Lawndale High alum. Lawndale is a great school for those students who are motivated and involved. Lawndale also has one of the best teachers who genuinely care for their students. As for academics, the school puts in their effort and the students should also put their fair share. I went to Lawndale High, and now I am at an Ivy League institution. If I did it, others can too. The administration is a bit ehh though.

Lawndale High School 3

Posted September 26, 2013
I don't like the fact that the students don't attend every day to every period I hope this change soon.

Lawndale High School 2

Posted September 12, 2012
In the 60's and 70's it was a great school. Now I would rate it at average or below. Am totally unimpressed with the 13 year plan. Great new facilities does not translate to good students. And hoe does a "Broke State" get the finances. Lawndale is now a lower middle class area. Improvements have to be made, ot's true but not a new scholl that resembles a college campus. Academics, administrators, good teachers, and good parents make a school worthwhile. And not leaving any vestige or building ans sayin one will not recognize it in the future, is cruel to those students who started the school, and the teachers who taught there. I don't want bragging rights, I want good students, teachers and citizens.

Posted August 31, 2012
Lawndale High School Is a GREAT school! Ive been attending Lawndale High School for 3 years and all the teachers and staff care about every student. No One is Left Behind. CARDINAL PRIDE!!

Lawndale High School 1

Posted May 06, 2012
this is such a horrible school the bathroom was set on fire not to long ago & many of the kids here are bullies There is few dedicated teachers in this school

Lawndale High School 3

Posted January 24, 2011
This school was very good during the 2009-2010 school year. The teacher all seemed to genuinely care for the students.However, the superintendent, who also oversees the substandard perforning Hawthorne and Leuzinger High Schools, decided to move some of the great techers to these low performing schools in exchange for teachers that were not doing so well. The change was obvious on day one of this school year. The expereince with some of these new teachers has not been favorable. I do not see the drive and motivation to help my child. My child tells me the students have the same perception. My son went over two months without a history book and was failing his class. Yes, he was expected to complete all his assignments without a tectbook (the only student without a book in her class). I hope this superintendant realizes his mistake or gets replaced by someone with a strong business philosophy.

Lawndale High School 4

Posted May 05, 2010
I am a student at lawndale currently a sophmore and i love this school. You hardly have to worry about a riot going on or a fight about to break down because the staff here cares so much about there students that go here. But there is also one thing i dont like and that is how the school is so dirty. like in the classrooms the floors are all black and on the campus it looks like they dont make an effert to clean it up. So that in my opinion makes the school look real bad. Class of 2012!

Lawndale High School 0

Posted September 16, 2009
Lawndale is a school that cares about its students education and prepares them for college.

Posted September 15, 2009

Posted July 22, 2009
This is fantastic school, it offers many alternatives to helping your child reach the path of greatness by promoting junior college in the summer as well. I not only a mother of a student there. I am a member of Lawndale PTA.

Lawndale High School
14901 South Inglewood Avenue, Lawndale, CA  90260
Last modified Lawndale High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lawndale High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top