Lawndale, CA
Students enrolled: 1,549

Leuzinger High School 2

Posted August 20, 2014
They are making progress but still lots of room for improvement. Classes are improving but hopefully they continue to improve the training of support staff so they know how to help parents and students better.

Posted August 30, 2013
I currently attend Leuzinger High School and a lot has changed throughout my 3 years....but if there's one thing that hasn't changed is the pride and school spirit that the school still seems to express. The only problem that I find to be real annoying is the huge construction site that is stood in the middle of the school which makes the school seem small. Another problem I've discovered was the lacking of respect for two sports at Leuzinger. Those two sports would be Baseball and Softball. Growing up I heared of the rich history Leuzinger's baseball had...Leuzinger Baseball was once the most talked about sport on campus but throughout the years it just totally changed. The reason why I know this is because local Alumni ballplayers have told me this and they hate hearing about the criticism their School receives especially when it is about the Baseball Team. The current baseball team is in a major restoration due to the lack of players who Do Not attend the school due to bad publicity.Ive seen the amount of hard work the baseball team endures but their hard work never seems to pay off at the end.Special Thanks to the alumni ballplayers, Your voice Is what Matters! #OlympianPride

Posted January 13, 2012
I attended Leuzinger HS 20 years ago. Even then we were told that it was a terrible school. However, I had wonderful teachers who truly cared and if you wanted to learn you could have a great education. My friends and I all graduated from there and we are all professionals. We are lawyers, doctors, psychologists, teachers and business leaders. Sure not everyone did as well, but those of us who tried and wanted to, we received a great foundation that has helped us in all areas of our lives. Just wanted to say thank you to all those teachers who cared, I am sure many are still there and many more have joined them.

Posted May 14, 2009
I Would Say It's Great School But Come On The People There, Always Have Problems. I Am A Freshmen At Leuzinger, I Am A Honor Roll Student. The Teachers Do Really Care When You Have Good Grades Or Try Your Best To Pass The Class.

Posted March 24, 2009
This isnt the greatest school, but you do learn alot if you CHOOSE to. Its not how bad the schools are, its the students who attend the school. It would help if they had people who actually cared about the other children there, otherwise the students are just going to fail. I know because i went To this sschool freshman year.

Posted October 14, 2008
Things are getting much better. I see the himework and teacher interaction with my son. I hope to see an increase in test scores to match the increased attention by teachers.

Leuzinger High School 2

Posted December 28, 2007
I am a student of Leuzinger High School, a senior. Some counselors really help students a lot to go to college. I think for the school to be better we need teachers that can teach and cares about students, administrators that will be willing to help students and maintain the school, and programs that can make students more interested academically and etc. It really has a large diversified population, that conflicts between races occurs. I think having more programs can unite the school, and improve it.

Posted December 14, 2007
I attended parent orientation for 9th graders and it was held in the auditorium, and I must say that it definitely needs work. I am not happy with the fact that the lockers are not in use. The student population is so great there should be more security. I do wish for more parents to get involved with their children because the teachers and counselors really need parental input.

Leuzinger High School 1

Posted November 25, 2007
I went there for an open house and was pleasently supprised with the number of parents that came to the open house. But was was disappointed with that the school did not at the very least clean up for the parents there was trash all over the campus. Floors in classrooms were missing tiles. A classroom had a hole in the wall. How can the one expect the kids have pride in a school the faculty does not maintain it.

Leuzinger High School 5

Posted January 02, 2007
Im a student at leuzinger high school and I must say I love it!

4118 West Rosecrans Avenue, Lawndale, CA  90260
Last modified Leuzinger High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Leuzinger High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top