Lawndale, CA

Posted June 15, 2014
the best yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes

Posted March 29, 2014
Jane Addams Middle School (JAMS) has been a great experience for me in the past three years. I am in a pilot group who are in and advanced math class. We took Algebra-1 in seventh grade, and we are now taking Geometry for eighth grade. I am the top student in my classes! I had the great opportunity to be granted a full scholarship to Harvard-Westlake School through the Young Eisner Scholars (YES) program. It was only made possible at JAMS, and with the few months remaining I will miss every staff and student there. By all means, this is an ideal school is a child wants to take advantage of the great things they can achieve. Otherwise, it would be a waste. All the teachers are supportive and have tutoring sessions made where a teacher or a student, like myself, can tutor anyone who wants the help. All in all, JAMS is a spectacular middle school! It all reflects upon the environment the staff creates for us students.

Posted August 30, 2013
This school is a great school, I have two daughters here now. Teachers are very professionals. The principal is just like a big dad for the students. He's a father figure no doubt of that.

Jane Addams Middle School 4

Posted August 12, 2012
For the area not being as affluent as say Redondo or Manhattan, I really think the teachers do a great job with the kids here. My son has attended for a year(in lawndale schools since first grade). I am happy with it. He has a learning disability and the teacher he has is incredibly patient with the kids and takes out extra time to help. The only reason I am not giving it a 5 is because there is the occasional trouble maker. More than that, the staff member in the office is a douche. I would expect when I parent walks in, they would get treated like an adult. She has on more than one occasion had a tone of voice, look, and given statements as if she's reprimanding me. lol It's silly. I just ignore it and keep cordial, but I secretly hope they replace her which would put this school at an almost 5 star rating in my eyes.

Posted March 28, 2010
Jane Addams was and is a superb school. I graduated from JAMS and its been great in high school. Jane Addams taught me and prepared me for high school vigorious curriculum. I recomend this school for any young adults looking for a better future in their life. Jane Addams has everything for you.

Posted March 03, 2010
i love the school ive been going there sense i was in first grade till 3rd and then they changed it to a middle school and i had to go to a different school but now im in 7th grade and its still great its the best school i have ever been to and even though it has been a middle school for only a couple of yrs they are doing pretty good starting off

Posted October 15, 2009
Jane Addams is the best middle school ever. Last year i had very poor grades. When i came here they put me on rap. I learned so much,and Im the top student in my classses. Thank you Jane Addams!!!

Posted April 30, 2009
The best school ever has awesome programs after,during,and before school.Has great teachers and is in a great area!This school has great security so it gives you much safety!

Posted December 03, 2008
my daughter learned a lot from the yale teachers!! thank u guys a lot!!

Posted October 23, 2008
Jane Addams Middle School is an awesome school! I have been there ever since it became a middle school, and now that I'm in 8th grade, I am ready for high school. I still have about 7 months left of 8th grade, but I know that JAMS will help me make the best of it. :] The teachers really know what they're doing, and what we learn will be understood my anyone. The GATE and Honors classes are the best! It may seem like hard work, but all it is is just work that we really understand. We, honors student, also work a a faster pace than others at times. Other classes learn at their own speed, but that's only because of the students. As a COLLEGE PREP SCHOOL, Jane Addams Middle School has really helped many students achieve what they've always wanted to achieve.

Jane Addams Middle School
4535 West 153rd Place, Lawndale, CA  90260
Last modified Jane Addams Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Jane Addams Middle School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top