Will Rogers Middle School

Public | 6-8

Posted February 7, 2013

This is the only public middle school where I have seen them trying to get the kids involved with STEM. Theirs extra curricular science programs are spectacular!

Posted December 22, 2012

I am currently a student at RMS and I love it here! All the teachers bring fun and laughter to learning, especially the after school programs like robotics and science Olympiad that not only bring fun competition but make us think about what is going around in our world and what we could do to fix problems. In the 6th grade I was in Berkeley last year I was in Stanford and this year I'm in Georgetown I love all my teachers so much ! Sometimes it is hard to find a favorite teacher but my avid teacher this year is by far my favorite she is always there for me and all her students even for kids she doesn't have whenever I need to talk she listens and gives me great advise I'm gonna miss her so much!:( so if you are a parent reading this send your child to will roger middle school not Jane adams

Posted May 10, 2010

My child attends Rogers Middle School. I find the academic program outstanding and the administration actively involved with students and parents. My child is eager to attend school each day and is offered many opportunities especially the after school program and the science programs. I feel Rogers Middle school is a great academic environment for my child.

Posted March 28, 2010

my child just went to this school last year for 6th grade and there is very poor maner and the teachers not really seem to care about my childs edication and is not very safe i transfered my son to jane addams because i didnt not want my son in a bad envionment

Posted September 9, 2009

I am currently a student of RMS, and I feel that it's the best school ever! I'm in Team Harvard and all my classes are honors! I feel a lot of freedom even though I know I'm being checked. It's really fun! Great activities and the best teachers ever.... they even have great lunch food, lol. Every kid here has a GREAT sense of style, and no one this year has a GPA lower than 2.5, but mine stands at 3.9! So if you're reading this.... to answer your question if you're a parent, bring your child to this school. Very safe and very friendly. Your child will definitely like/love this school. Your child will learn a lot.... bring your child to this school!

Posted August 20, 2009

It's a great school with not only great academics but great sports, & after school programs... With a staff who loves children & will help your child & leave no one behind...

Posted July 5, 2009

This is an awesome school!Great teachers good communication not to mention that they have just fixed the cafeteria!There are teams [im was in Stanford and in in Berkley]!!I had a 3.2 there are hardly any kids lower than a 2.4!!The teachers do the best they can in teaching.Its a very safe school!

Posted June 12, 2009

I like this school a lot. The teachers here are very respectable and have a great balance of discipline. We have freedom and awesome after-school activities. I recommend this school to any kid who wants to learn the fun way i currently have a 3.9 Gpa all my friends in team cornell have from 2.9-3.5 Gpa's theres only around 10 kids who have somehting lower than a 2.0 Were all great :d

Posted April 14, 2009

I went to will rogers only hafe of 8th grade. see i moved all the way from battle creek michigan to lawndale callifornia. i was shy and didn't know if i would fit in but soon enoght i got the coolest friends and i was always fouced on my grades. the school isn't always known for its class all the time but they do cool activites. my team Yale went to dogers stadiam and saw the game and for our end of the year trip was to Knotts Berry Farm that place was great i went on 3 ride and bought $75.00 worth of thing i was great. this is a great school and i recomend this school to everyone.

Posted March 26, 2009

Im a student and i like this school alot.Its great. I feel free but i know im being checked. We have every kind of good thing imaginable. So better than Jane Addams

Posted December 27, 2008

i am a student at Rogers and it is the best! this is my last year here. i have gone here since the sixth grade and the teachers are awesome and so are the kids. there are rarely fights and the kids love going there to learn. we also have 58 kids going to Washington D.C. for the inauguration in janurary and we can't wait! This school is awesome and you should send your kids here.

Posted September 30, 2008

This is my second year at Rogers, i started going there in the sixth grade. I think the school has really improved over the years and will continue to improved. band and sports programs have also continued to improve. the school does a really good job with what is given to them. the school has really been working on trying to improve their test scores so hopefully this year we will all do really good and make them proud.

Posted June 5, 2008

I am a student at RMS and everything is excellent all my teachers are nice they spread all the grades into teams such as Ohio state[won track and field day yay!] , Harvard, and Berkly [who lost] and so on I would recommend any student that is willing to learn to this school

Posted March 22, 2008

Definetly not the best school in the district. Students are not treated the way I'd expect them to be treated at other schools. A couple of the teachers seemed as though they needed to retire. My child said they were having a problem with them, when I came in for a confernce, I expected them to put on the nice act for me at least. But, they treated me very disrespectfully. This has never happened before.

Posted March 30, 2007

I think Roger's teachers are doing the best they can with what they have been given. At the beginning of the 2006-2007 school year, my daughter didn't even have her books in some of her classes until the 4th and 5th week of school. In general, the teachers I have encountered have been very kind and involved with my daughter. Regarding communication, I have my phone calls returned by her teachers within a day or two, which is good.

Posted March 8, 2007

I think that will Rogers is a great school because there test scores are high they have great teachers and the greatest principal and vice principal ever people should send their children to RMS because the have great activities for your child to do.
—Submitted by a former student

Posted March 6, 2007

This school is the best. The teachers are the best and so are the campus supervicers. This is school is now a 6th-8th grade school now. It is my first time here as a 6th grader and we do compations during lunch and during school against other teams and they are the funnist.

Posted August 17, 2006

Hi, I would just like to say that rogers middle school was an excellent school. Now only were the teachers great, but the administration was, in my mind, better than anyone would expect, since it is located in lawndale. I attended school there my 7th and 8th grade year, and with their help (the teachers), I was able to graduate with a 3.9 Gpa, all honors, and all a's on my report card. The elective classes their were also excellent. I was involved in the band program both years and with the help of ron segovia, me and my classmates had a total of 14 songs and about 10 performances. I would recommend this school to anyone!
—Submitted by a former student

Posted August 7, 2006

There was a lack of communication in assisting my child with her education, when I called for parent teacher conferences only half or less than half of her teachers would show up and the ones that did show up did not bring in theirs books to show actual recorded grades. I asked for progress reports and when there were problems assitance was not given. Academically this school is not a good educational school..

Posted May 8, 2006

The academic programs have improved this school year (2005-2006)and the school district is really working with the children to help improve standardized test scores. The school has a music program, but no sports program. Parents are involved to a degree. I am not able to attend the PTA because the majority of the meetings are at 3:00 pm, the middle of my workday.

This school's

(2012)

5 / 10

8 / 10

API Growth scores over time

Did this school meet the API goal this year?
  • This school did not meet its schoolwide API target for 2013.
  • This school has not yet met the state goal of 800.

API Growth scores by subgroup

Did this school meet all the API goals for student subgroups this year?
  • This school did not meet all student subgroup API targets for 2013

Change from 2012 to 2013
API Statewide Rank
(2012)

5 / 10

API Statewide Rank (2012)

8 / 10

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 60% in 2013.

265 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 55% in 2013.

274 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 86% in 2013.

32 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 60% in 2013.

273 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 52% in 2013.

249 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 50% in 2013.

281 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 57% in 2013.

303 students were tested at this school in 2013.

2010

General Mathematics (Grades 6 & 7 Standards)

30 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Geometry

The state average for Geometry was 85% in 2013.

History - Social Science Grade 8 Cumulative

318 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 67% in 2013.

306 students were tested at this school in 2013.

All Students53%

Parent education - high school graduate57%
Parent education - some college (includes AA degree)65%
Parent education - college graduate54%
Parent education - declined to state26%

General Mathematics (Grades 6 & 7 Standards)

All Students0%

Asiann/a
Hispanic or Latinon/a
Economically disadvantagedn/a
Students with disabilityn/a
Students with no reported disabilityn/a
Fluent-English proficient and English onlyn/a

• Maurita De La Torre
Fax number
  • (310) 676-0489

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

4110 West 154th Street