Lebec, CA

Posted March 27, 2015
As a student at FMHS I have had the opportunity to play on two CIF Championship teams as well as play a key role in our ASB. I am an Academy student and have learned a tremendous amount in all areas of academics. I feel comfortable presenting a thematic, debating with my peers, putting together presentations, and have had the opportunity to learn a variety of different forms of technology and art. I feel I am well prepared for college and am excited to see where my future will lead me.

Posted March 26, 2015
I am an alumni of Frazier Mountain High School. I am originally from a much bigger town near by but, after hearing nothing but amazing things about the staff of the H.S., I decided to move and attend school there. My experience there was phenomenal! Some of the nicest people I know live in that town. Due to the population being so small, the teachers really take the time to understand and connect with the students. This creates a lasting friendship with the students and it helps the students to see themselves furthering their education on to the collegiate level. The principal, Mrs. Haflich, has done so much for the school to make sure the students are getting the most out of their education. This speaks world of her since we have such a small budget. At the school, we have an academy program. This is like a school with in a school. It's completely optional and up to the student. This program helps to prepare students for college and encourages them to go. The teachers in charge of the academy are by far the best teachers I have ever had. They even introduced different programs into our school to prepare us even more for college and for the working world. This school is amazing.

Posted March 14, 2015
I had 6 kids go through this school and I cannot stress enough how much this school can do for kids. The staff and administration have been on the same page to help kids since Principal "Dynamo" Haflich took over. That is not to say they were neglectful before but it is to emphasize how many more options the kids have available to them now even when considering our recent budget woes in California. Teachers (and some community members) carried the JV sports and other extra-curricular activities by teaching and coaching these events for free when there was no money coming from the State. At FMHS, you get out of it what you put into it. For no additional cost you get a warm, caring, professional family that wants nothing more than to see our Falcons fly as high as their wings will take them.

Posted March 13, 2015
I am a community member who has been reading about the exceptional opportunities that are being currently offered at FMHS as well as the upcoming programs that are in development. The students already have the opportunity to obtain numerous college credits through dual enrollment classes and I know they are in the process of establishing many more. The ComTec Academy is also a wonderful asset for our teens up here on the mountain.

Posted March 12, 2015
As a former parent of a Frazier Mountain High School student, I have always found the school to give a solid educational foundation. We have a wonderful group of educators and having this facility in our small community is a great resource that is used by many local groups. Before this school was built in the 1990's our students had a very long commute to schools in Taft or Bakersfield.

Posted March 11, 2015
I am an alumnae of FMHS and now currently am a substitute teacher in the district. I had a positive experience attending the school and enjoyed having a small school where you feel even more connected to the students and faculty. My experience subbing at this school has been the same, I absolutely enjoy getting the opportunity to get to know the students and enjoy finding out about several of their higher education plans. The staff is friendly, supportive and wonderful to work with.

Posted March 09, 2015
We have one of the top Robotics teams in the nation Team 981 the Snowbots with FIRST. We also have two District Champion teams in sports; Girls Volleyball and Soccer. We also have a Foreign Language department

Posted March 09, 2015
The benefits of a small town atmosphere coupled with a challenging learning environment and loads of course offerings make this school a great choice for your child or children.

Posted February 05, 2015
This is a small school with great plans for its future. The school is working with the Kern County Community College district to help the students earn college credits while they are still in high school. They are offering new and exciting programs next year. The teachers and staff love what they are doing and it shows.

Posted January 26, 2015
While this school is small, the students have an opportunity to participate in leadership and athletics that they may not have at a larger school. Smaller class sizes afford students more personalized help. Teachers and staff know their students and many choose to invest in them. Despite bumps in the road, we are thankful for this school.

Frazier Mountain High School
700 Falcon Way, Lebec, CA  93243
Last modified Frazier Mountain High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Frazier Mountain High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top