Bad
Good

part 2 of review As part of my job as a parent I have to ensure that my daughter is up to her grade level and possibly ahead as we had always thought she was so I have her attend a Charter School for Summer and take Math & History courses so she's not behind for the upcoming year & so far this has been a tremendous help but not fun for her obviously. Be wise, middle school effects HS & HS school determines College Bound Success.

My daughter came to this school and I am VERY happy that she did! The principal is GREAT! I always see him outside after school everyday interacting with the kids and the parents. He does an excellent job of leading both the elementary and middle school! LGA also has some of the best extracurricular activities in Lemon Grove! My daughter was able to join many different clubs and activities and still maintained a 4.0 GPA. She made lots of friends because of this. The teachers that I have encountered are very nice and you can tell they like their jobs! Overall, I am very happy with this school and the teachers! Thank you Mr. Oser and Mr. Lippford, Mr. Keefe, Mrs. S, Ms. Pettway, and the Spanish teacher, for making my daughter's 8th grade year a great one! Oh, the front office secretary (Kathy) is VERY helpful! She always does that little bit extra to help you so it makes it that much easier for you.

One of the best school I have encountered. The principal is amazing! Love the rigor of the classes and all the extra curricular activities. Some of the older teachers seem reluctant to new ideas in teaching (old does not make make them bad. Just that sometimes they don't want to flex with the new technologies and techniques) or move because they don't belong to to this froward thinking school. Keep it up LGA!!! BTW Love the band and the theater.

LGA is a really good school. Both my boys attend this school. The Principal really knows what he is doing and is a good leader. He always has a smile on his face and is just positive all around. This school has great teachers too. My kids are challenged every day. Their teachers expect the best from them and motivate them to do better. I am a very involved parent, so I like the fact that I can text or email my child s teacher and I get an answer within a couple of hours. There is always the opportunity for parents to be involved. The campus is secure. You can only enter the (elementary) campus by walking through the main office. The beautiful new library is down the street next to the middle school campus and so is the fire department. Other positive things are their PE program, Dentist, Doctor, Parent Classes, English Learners Program, Extended Day Program & so many other things. I highly recommend this school.

The caring attitude of the teachers and support staff is one of the many reasons our children are set up for success at Lemon a Grove Academy. The Principal, Mr. Oser, has made our children and their education the priority. The support staff is amazing. From the school nurse to the secretaries, our children are also their top priority. The quality of the teaching staff is awesome. These educators are literally top notch.

Lemon Grove Academy for the Sciences & Humanities shows what can happen when an entire community gets behind its school district to improve academics and physical plant. The Academy's upward trajectory to academic excellence results from this joint effort, plus, a brilliant principal, great parents, a gorgeous new library and a greater sense of shared purpose. In just one year test scores have risen and enrollment is booming. I rate the Academy four stars because the fifth should always be just up ahead so that we keep on striving.

Golden Avenue Elementary School has become increasingly exceptional in these last few years. I am a parent of five and I have seen changes that I can only vouch for since my first child enrolled in 1998. Since the change of a new principal, the last four years this school has done incredible changes. Thanks to the staff and the amazing leadership of Principal Oser this school has done a OUTSTANDING job! So many programs implemented and geared towards improving the students. Principal Oser is so dedicated to make a difference that he would go to great lengths to make sure the students get the education and support needed. With the new charter school opening soon Principal Oser has a lot on his plate with many new challenges, but I wouldn't doubt him to do any less. I will rally behind this new school so watch out schools up north because we WILL be striving for a 10.

Excellent education for our children. The rating does not indicate the degree of great education this school provides our children. The teachers are highly prepared and professional, the principal is fantastic, and the children are just a delight. This school is an example to follow!!!

Amazing leadership at this school on the part of this forward-thinking principal!

We live in Lemon Grove about 3 years. My two daughters in this school both of them like it and happy, they attented pre. school to 1st. grade. They have nice, great principal and teachers. We're going to miss the school a lot too bad due to housing problem we have to move to mira mesa, so my two kids have to go to another school.

Last modified Lemon Grove Academy For The Sciences And Humanities is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.