Lemon Grove, CA
Students enrolled: 1,024
Before care: Yes

Posted June 21, 2014
My daughter came to this school and I am VERY happy that she did! The principal is GREAT! I always see him outside after school everyday interacting with the kids and the parents. He does an excellent job of leading both the elementary and middle school! LGA also has some of the best extracurricular activities in Lemon Grove! My daughter was able to join many different clubs and activities and still maintained a 4.0 GPA. She made lots of friends because of this. The teachers that I have encountered are very nice and you can tell they like their jobs! Overall, I am very happy with this school and the teachers! Thank you Mr. Oser and Mr. Lippford, Mr. Keefe, Mrs. S, Ms. Pettway, and the Spanish teacher, for making my daughter's 8th grade year a great one! Oh, the front office secretary (Kathy) is VERY helpful! She always does that little bit extra to help you so it makes it that much easier for you.

Posted June 07, 2014
One of the best school I have encountered. The principal is amazing! Love the rigor of the classes and all the extra curricular activities. Some of the older teachers seem reluctant to new ideas in teaching (old does not make make them bad. Just that sometimes they don't want to flex with the new technologies and techniques) or move because they don't belong to to this froward thinking school. Keep it up LGA!!! BTW Love the band and the theater.

Posted May 09, 2014
LGA is a really good school. Both my boys attend this school. The Principal really knows what he is doing and is a good leader. He always has a smile on his face and is just positive all around. This school has great teachers too. My kids are challenged every day. Their teachers expect the best from them and motivate them to do better. I am a very involved parent, so I like the fact that I can text or email my child s teacher and I get an answer within a couple of hours. There is always the opportunity for parents to be involved. The campus is secure. You can only enter the (elementary) campus by walking through the main office. The beautiful new library is down the street next to the middle school campus and so is the fire department. Other positive things are their PE program, Dentist, Doctor, Parent Classes, English Learners Program, Extended Day Program & so many other things. I highly recommend this school.

Posted May 05, 2014
The caring attitude of the teachers and support staff is one of the many reasons our children are set up for success at Lemon a Grove Academy. The Principal, Mr. Oser, has made our children and their education the priority. The support staff is amazing. From the school nurse to the secretaries, our children are also their top priority. The quality of the teaching staff is awesome. These educators are literally top notch.

Posted April 02, 2014
Lemon Grove Academy for the Sciences & Humanities shows what can happen when an entire community gets behind its school district to improve academics and physical plant. The Academy's upward trajectory to academic excellence results from this joint effort, plus, a brilliant principal, great parents, a gorgeous new library and a greater sense of shared purpose. In just one year test scores have risen and enrollment is booming. I rate the Academy four stars because the fifth should always be just up ahead so that we keep on striving.

Posted January 17, 2010
Excellent education for our children. The rating does not indicate the degree of great education this school provides our children. The teachers are highly prepared and professional, the principal is fantastic, and the children are just a delight. This school is an example to follow!!!

Lemon Grove Academy For The Sciences And Humanities 0

Posted January 02, 2010
Amazing leadership at this school on the part of this forward-thinking principal!

Posted May 08, 2009
We live in Lemon Grove about 3 years. My two daughters in this school both of them like it and happy, they attented pre. school to 1st. grade. They have nice, great principal and teachers. We're going to miss the school a lot too bad due to housing problem we have to move to mira mesa, so my two kids have to go to another school.

Posted July 22, 2008
Our son has completed his first year of school at Golden Avenue and all our expectations have been surpassed. It is clear that the teachers, led by Principal Oser, strive to put the student's best interests first, while balancing those with the Fed and state mandated curriculum. The school's emphasis on reading, diversity, peacebuilding, and environmental stewardship are as valuable as the standard academic fare. I look forward to my son's growth at Golden Avenue.

Posted May 15, 2008
golden avenue is a very educational school

Lemon Grove Academy For The Sciences And Humanities
7866 Lincoln Street, Lemon Grove, CA  91945
Last modified Lemon Grove Academy For The Sciences And Humanities is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lemon Grove Academy For The Sciences And Humanities Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top