Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Parent (1 response)

Grateful to: Parent

Posted November 22, 2015
The parent of the other student, in this case. Nothing bad I would like to speak with the principal

Monterey Heights Elementary School 2

Posted November 03, 2015
I went to Monterey Heights when I was a kid. It wasn't that great then. However, I'm not going to rate it from how it was when I attended, as some other reviewers did, because it's a completely different school now. It's worse. My child is in 5th grade here. It's her first year at this school and hopefully, her last. While there seems to be some good teachers, most seem to be just going through the motions. The kids in my daughters class are rude, extremely disrespectful, unruly and undisciplined. Do I blame this all on the teachers? Absolutely not. Parents need to take part of the blame as well. At the same time, it goes back to the staff not being able to handle the children in the classroom. It's almost as if they have just given up. The school can't keep substitutes because of student behavior and apparently they can't keep teachers, either. It's ridiculous. I cannot wait until my daughter is out of MH.

Posted August 28, 2015
My son goes to Monterey heights and we both love it there. He's in first grade now and also attended kinder there. His teachers have been awesome! The office staff are always very friendly and helpful. I've always been able to communicate well with them and the principal. Just today I went in to give them a heads up about my son needing surgery later this school year and Dr Perez the principal went instantly into "game plan" mode. I very much appreciated the support

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted August 28, 2015
I'm very excited this year his teacher will give him more work on his level. He was getting bored last year with the general grade level work

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted August 28, 2015
They have the rules posted everywhere! My son always comes home with "eagle bucks" they earn for being good. And I've heard his teachers on more then one occasion mention the eagle three!

Monterey Heights Elementary School 1

Posted February 12, 2015
The teachers at this school are just as much a victim of the subpar admits ration as the students. Gangs of bullies in 6th grade are allowed to bully students and staff, the principal bullies anyone who opposes her lack of judgement, controversial actions and lack of involvement. Two 6th grade teachers quit with in 2 months because of both situations. The district is in willing to do anything to help the safety of the students and bullies the kids and parents who speak out. I have 3 children in this school and am removing them from the district because of the downward spiral over the past two years, it's a shame because the teachers are wonderful, though spread so thin, and hands tied to deal with behavior issues and bullying from their own administration.

Monterey Heights Elementary School 1

Posted November 14, 2014
This school personal does nothing when it comes to bulling im so tired of my kids always coming home crying asking to go back to their old school. i regret so much moving them from schools. my fifth grader drooped his grades drastically.

Posted July 27, 2012
This was my elementary school, I loved all the staff that worked at this school and still remember those who helped me a lot! Ms. Wah was my first teacher, I came in not knowing any English. With the help of their staff, I enjoyed my exprience as a student of the at school. I can say, I am proud that I was once a student that this great school. I remember that they had very good programs in the schools that allows their student to learn and progress to where they need to be. I wish I was still in the neighborhood so I can have my children going to Monterey Heights. They have outstanding teachers and staffs.

Monterey Heights Elementary School 4

Posted August 30, 2011
Monterey Heights is a great school. The sixth grade teaching team is excellent. They have a great rapport with the students and my son greatly enjoyed school because of these two outstanding teachers. They do a great job of motivating students to learn and strive to do their best.

Posted December 08, 2010
I attended MH, now my 2 daughters go to this wonderful school. The teachers are awesome and the principal is great. There is no better elementary school around

7550 Canton Drive, Lemon Grove, CA  91945-2515
Last modified Monterey Heights Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.