Lemon Grove, CA
Before care: Yes

Posted January 04, 2014
Love it! I like all the play grounds and it seems safe and I love how they serve Pizza to the school mostly every Friday.

Posted August 06, 2012
My child has attended since Kindergarden. Now entering 2nd grade. The class sizes are smaller than neighboring districts. The quality of teachers is excellent, and the staff and parents are great. I am proud to have my child at San Altos.

San Altos Elementary School 1

Posted June 08, 2011
My Son has been attending San Altos for 3 years and unfotunately each year his grades and performance go down. He has special needs and the teachers do little to help him and work with him one on one. The Principal is horrible and expects kindegartners to stand up to peer pressure at such a young age, he also brings his presidential politics into school which i think is completely inappropriate! We are no longer a part of San Altos and will never reccomend this school to anyone.

Posted May 23, 2008
The school is wonderful...the staff,the parents even the children.Each individual contributes their part to make it a great school and a very involved community.

Posted May 23, 2008

Posted October 28, 2007
The principal and staff are great, they really show they care and they are always willing to provide support. My son is fortunate to be able to be part of San Altos. Thanks San Altos for setting high expectations and and for expecting nothing less.

Posted October 23, 2007
I think the staff is extraordinary. They truly care about the kids and want them to succeed. The Principal is always available to address any concerns. He is fabulous! The PTA is the best in the district. I watch the same committed people (PTA) volunteering many hours of their time bringing programs to our kids that they would otherwise not have. Kudos to them. I have had no problems getting flyers ahead of time about events or programs being offered. In addition, upcoming events are always posted on the sign in front of the school. Keep up the great work San Altos!

Posted March 13, 2007
My son has attended San Altos since 1st grade and from the very beginning I was not impressed with the communication level of the staff or the PTA. All notices went out a day or two before the event was to take place. Very frustrating for a parent who has to give at least a week notice for time off. I do have to admit that four out of the five teachers my son had were awesome and he has learned a lot from them.

Posted July 13, 2005
Classes provide lots of technology interaction, as well as opportunities for field trips to premiere San Diego locations. Parents are involved in PTSA and have art nights for students.

Posted June 08, 2005

San Altos Elementary School
1750 Madera Street, Lemon Grove, CA  91945
Last modified San Altos Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
San Altos Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top