Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered School leader (1 response)

San Miguel Elementary School
Grateful to: School leader

Posted October 27, 2015
Many thanks to Mrs Bergener for being the smiling face that greets the student each day. She has implemented the arts and given ur children a healthy and creative way to express themselves!

Posted October 27, 2015
Great school of the arts! Wonderful teachers and a principal who is fantastic. So proud to send my children at San Miguel.

Posted April 02, 2014
My daughter has gone to San Miguel since kindergarten and I have to say, Mrs. Bergener is by far the best principle EVER! I mean how many people can say they can text their child's principle if there is a problem at school? I can. Also every teacher, lunch lady, janitor, t.a., etc., they all have a bright smile on there face every morning. As far as statistics go Mrs. Bergener has done everything possible to get my daughter the help she needed.

Posted January 11, 2014
I was hesitant about sending my daughter to this school based on the statistics. Boy am I glad that I gave it a shot. The teachers here are very caring. You really get the vibe that there is a sincere desire to help your kids learn and succeed. But the most refreshing thing about this school is the principal. Heidi Bergener is like a Mary Poppins. You can tell that she has the school under control - everyone always seems so well behaved. But it is more than that - she is wholesome and caring. A person that I am really happy to have as an example and role model for my young daughter. I am very happy with this school, way more happy then I am with Lemon Grove as a whole. When I move, I will be looking into trying to keep my kids at San Miguel. I feel they excel at both helping children that need that extra push AND providing an environment where super bright children can be stimulated. We are working with Mrs. Gallardo this year and she goes out of her way to try to nurture my daughters voracious appetite for learning. She gives her challenges that the other students might not be ready for and it keeps her from being bored. Keep up the good work San Miguel!

Posted September 23, 2013
THIS IS A WONDERFUL SCHOOL WE HAVE TO MOVE AND I REALLY DO NOT WANT TOCHANGE HER SCHOOLS THEY ARE SO WONDERFUL SHE HAD THE BEST KINDERGARDEN TEACHER SHE WAS SO ORGANIZED THE PRINCIPAL IS VERY INVOLVED AND ALWAYS WILLING TO LISTEN AND IS VERY CONCERNED ABOUT ALL STUDENTS THEY ALSO HAVE A SPECIAL CLASS FOR THE STUDENTS NEEDING A LITTLE BIT OF EXTRA HELP MORE TO HELP THE STUDENTS THAT ARE A LITTLE MORE BEHIND AN EXTRA HOUR THOSE STUDENTS GET THE HELP THEY NEEDED THEY ARE ALWAYS DOING SO METHING FOR THE STUDENTS THE PARENTS LIKE EAT LUNCH WITH YOUR STUDENT LITTLE C ARNIVALS ECT I totaly RECOMEND THIS. SCHOOL I HAVE NO COMPLAINTS THEY ARE VERY ORGANIZED MY GRANDDAUGHTER HAS BEEN A STUDENT FOR THREE YEARS ALREADY THANKS SAN MIGUEL AND THANKS TO THE PTA CLOTHING EXCHANGE THANKS TO ALL TEACHERS STAFF PARENTS YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST 10 STARS.

Posted September 06, 2013
Both my kids have been here for a few years and they seem very happy. The principal is amazing. She is visible, encouraging, and takes the time to make sure everything is running smoothly. She also listens to the parents concerns and takes ideas for improvement seriously. The teachers are incredible. Mrs. Alianelli, Mr. Stowe, Mrs. Sowvlen, Mr Vazquez, Mr. Decker, Mrs. Honig, Mrs. Bruner... They're all amazing. And the ladies in the front office crack me up. And don't get me started on Mr. Bill. The entire staff work very well together. I just wish more parents would volunteer to help. They spend so much of their own money and time to enrich these kids' lives and more parents should be involved. They would have a new-found respect for the faculty and staff.

San Miguel Elementary School 2

Posted July 23, 2013
This school sucks they don't teach them nothing but to play and have fun... it's cool to have fun but teach them to...

Posted September 06, 2012
I cannot say enough positive things about this school. I have two children who have been at San Miguel since Kindergarten, and I my third child will start next fall. We have had fabulous teachers who push my children to the next level no matter what the standards say, (Mr. Stowe, Mrs. A, Mrs. Davis, Mrs. Honig, Mrs. Sowvlen, Mrs. Smith and Mrs. Temnick.) I am a teacher in another district and I feel blessed to have my children attend this school. The principal is second to none. She is kind, caring and involved. She knows the students names and provides amazing encouragement and motivation for all. There are wonderful above and beyond projects, a Spanish club, and even a running club in the mornings. This school has it together and any child would be lucky to have a chance to learn in such a wonderful environment.

Posted November 28, 2011
Both of my sons have been going to San Miguel Elementary for 4 years. Mrs. Bergner, the principal, is wonderful. She truly cares about each student and takes the time to listen to concerns and questions from all of the parents. She is highly visible, which is nice. Mr. Stowe, Mrs. Allinelli, Mrs. Bruner, Mrs. Smith, Mrs Temnick, all great teachers who have done well by my me and my sons. The pick up/drop off situation stinks. It is the worse I have seen due to the lack of respect of other parents who feel like they shouldn't wait in line or observe speed limits and/or the rules set by the school. They endanger their own children as well as other students.

San Miguel Elementary School 4

Posted October 04, 2011
I could not find a forum for those of us that attended this school and have moved on in years. I was hoping to find some pictures of the grounds and surroundings. I spent all my formative years at this school and just decided to look it up on the internet. Those were very good years and the teachers were wonderful. Dating myself here, I had Mr. Hubbard in the third grade, Mr. Peterson in the 4th, Mr. Whitney in the 5th and Mrs. Miranda in the 5th. My siblings also attended this school. The years were the 60s.

San Miguel Elementary School
7059 San Miguel Avenue, Lemon Grove, CA  91945-2515
Last modified San Miguel Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.