K-12|Private

Bad
Good

This school was great for Kindergarten, I think they do a lot with the kids However, the problems that are caused by the lead Pastors opinions and his Rude mannerisms are not worth the money paid. The school is only staying afloat because the Sherwood family has taken all positions possible. When you have an issue with something it is not met with helpful understanding. They often reward the children with candy and slurpees, and dont ask the parents first. The extremely small school size should allow for any issues with kids to be seen, . I was met with them not knowing what happened most of the times and still my son was told he would be caught red handed lying one day and would not like the punishment he got. Not how I want my childs self confidence handled! They do not want the parents talking to one another or they are accused of "parking lot talk". The pastor often says "if you dont like what I have to say well then I'm sorry your wrong!". Mrs. Sherwood is the only teacher with credentials and often complains about being overwhelmed. I was treated extremely poorly when I chose to leave and was met with extreme rudeness when the pastor did not get the answer from me he wanted.

This school is amazing. my daughter is learning alot and the teachers are great. By reading the very immature comments made by other parents, I was worried. But now that my daughter has been attending this school for over 6 months, I realize those parents must think its more important to have a fancy building, or state of the art play ground, then a strong education with christan princples and a family enviorment.

This school is like a jar of dog farts; the funk will knock you down and make your children scream in agony. Buildings look like an abandoned abattoir, wiseass street kids sneak in and vandalize things, they rent out rooms to another school. When I walked past the place I heard "faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaart" and assumed it was the pastor's wife.

My son has been going to La Mesa Christian school for just over 3 months now and I cant say enough about the staff. My son loves going to school everyday not to mention he has learned a lot already. The preschool / kindergarten teacher Mrs. Sherwood is a great teacher. I have and would recommend this school to my friends and family or anyone who wants the best for there child.

Terrible preschool. My child attended for 1 month. Do not send your child there unless you wish to pay for therapy later.

This a wonderful school,with strict Christian values. The students are well behaved mannerly. This school has a great modest dress code. La Mesa Christian school is worlds away from the Zoo of the public schools.

My child has gone here since 4th grade she is now in high school. The school is academically sound despite the limited staff. We never deal with fights, drama, malicious gossip,over sized classrooms, and many other issues that are common occurance in public school. It has it's flaws but your child will be taught in a Godly atmosphere by competent people who are committed christians.

My daughter went to school here from pre-k to second grade. Then we moved out of state. This is an awesome school. Teaches principle of Christianity, chivalry (promotes boys growing up with old fashioned morals to treat a girl like a young lady politely) and modesty. I have two daughters and the oldest went to la mesa christian and was able to read and able write in cursive by age 5. The youngest went to public school and by age 5 could barely print her first name. The school is strict but in the right way. The teachers are old fashion and going to visit the school may make you feel like you went back in time 25 years but hey kids were better off 25 years ago as far as morals and values go. Check it out it is reasonably priced and overall a wonderful atmosphere.

this is an excellent school for parents to keep close observations on thier children. i belive that my child respected me more ever since he came to la mesa christian school. he was at first getting horrible grades and when in the school for about 2 weeks he drastically began to improve with the helpful guidence of his new teachers.

Last modified Shiloh Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades K-12