1,872 students|Lemoore Union High

Bad
Good

Lemoore High School 5

Posted September 10, 2013
This is my 15 year at LHS and it has been amazing. I have wonderful students and when I need something or have a question the staff is always there to help. My students are well behaved and respectable. I enjoy coming to work every day. Any school can improve on things and it would be nice to have more computers or iPads for students.

Lemoore High School

Posted April 07, 2009
I am not a parent but an alumni of this school. In my years I was involved in t Band and Drama programs. The teachers that I had in these areas; I had most of my years. Teachers like Kathy Palermo, David Shinn, and Shaun McElhaney. These people taught me about life and they have made me the sucessful person I am today, and will be later in life. Their dedication and interest in my life went far and above expectation. If I ever had a problem they were there. This is just a representaion of how most if not all Lemoore High teachers conduct themselves with their students. I hope to display these charactoristics and untilize them as a teacher.

Posted May 07, 2007
I feel Lemoore High School needs a lot improvement. They should not give home. They should count days kids are absent and not classes. They should start from Freshmen until Senior teaching these kids things that will help to get a job in the real world such as trades or training to do a trade unless the kid wants to go on to a four year college. They should not have a Senior interview that in my opinion is just a waste of time.

Lemoore High School 4

Posted May 06, 2007
The academic programs offered at Lemoore High School are substantial. There are numerous ways for the students to advanced their knowledge and better prepare themselves for life. My son plays football, wrestles, plays soccer, and runs track and also is in every AP class that is available. He maintains a 4.0 GPA. The consistent argument of how much spending is being used for sports is often inaccurate with the amount of money that goes towards the sports programs. For instance, the only reason football can have all of the things they have now is due to three annual fundraisers that every player in the program, usually around 160-180 people, must participate in. The counselors and teachers at the school could definitely be doing a better job though. I do not receive many calls or e-mails concerning my son and I do not feel that he receives enough guidance from them.

Lemoore High School 1

Posted December 14, 2006
Too much money is spent on sports & not enough on classroom supplies & quality college prep (or life prep) classes. Why not reduce the money spent on football & buy more text books? More students will suceed in life with a quality education than they would by playing football. Why not offer a better variety of classes designed to prepare students for real life? LHS Parent

Lemoore High School 3

Posted April 12, 2005
Dedicated teachers. Poorly funded for arts programs. Sports are priority.

Posted May 17, 2004
LHS is more concerned with spaghetti straps and stomachs showing than with teaching and giving respect to the students. The students are presumed guilty, and the staff, teachers & coaches are quick to write referrals, and cuss the kids out. Some of the coaches are vindictive, they cuss at the kids & literally spit in their faces (as they are yelling). They are very disrespectful. It tarnishes the reps of the teachers that do well. Academically I have to agree with another posted comment. Whenever my kids have gotten in trouble, I have received a referral in the mail with the box checked that says, 'I was unsuccessful when tried to reach you'. Let the kids try that excuse! You don't get a chance to ask questions, rebut it or get an explanation. There are regular fights, and theft should be a sport at LHS. I am very disappointed.

Posted April 08, 2004
I must admit I am sadly disappointed with this school and have 2 children attending. One of my children is on the verge of failing and I didn't receive advanced notice until I received a report card which indicates to me the lack of teacher concern for their students struggling. Only 1 of the 5 classes my child is failing did the teacher contact me with concern.

Lemoore High School 5

Posted November 05, 2003
I think that Lemoore High School is a great learning institution. Of course, I am biased because I am a 1997 Alumna. Since then, I have sought higher education including earning a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Liberal Studies from California State University -- Fresno. Currently, I am in the teaching profession. Without the help of the School Principal Mike Cawley, Teachers Kathy Palermo, Margie Shaw, Gloria Campos, Jack Bow, Larry Guevara, Thom Sembritzki, Jannie Young, and Harry Zinser, and Counselor Larry Ruiz, I would not have made it this far.

Lemoore High School
101 East Bush Street, Lemoore, CA  93245-3601
Last modified Lemoore High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.