Lincoln, CA
Students enrolled: 1,478

Lincoln High School 4

Posted August 30, 2013
The good news: Mostly excellent teachers (especially in AP), a great sense of community and pride. The new(ish) principal (Jay Berns) seems to really be "in it to win it". He seems to want to see the kids succeed. At this school there is a real feeling of belonging. AP teachers are incredibly impressive The bad news: Culturally, Lincoln just has a large group of people who don't seem to put much emphasis in higher learning. Some kids just don't seem to care about learning and take away from those that do. They also have an iron clad teachers union which protects even the most ineffective teachers. We had a negative experience with a teacher and, even though the administration listened and took note, it appeared there was very little they could do. As with all schools, their counselors are spread thin and probably shouldn't be relied upon too heavily for assistance.

Lincoln High School 3

Posted April 30, 2013
I do enjoy teaching at LIncoln High. However, there are teachers there who are there for sports and do not do well in the classroom and this is quite difficult for those students who need the knowledge to excel in college.

Lincoln High School 4

Posted June 02, 2010
Go LHS!!!! I am a graduate of Lincoln High School class of '07!!! I am very pleased with LHS, not only did I enjoy the school when I went there, but I still enjoy it as I watch both of my sisters find their way through the halls. LHS' teachers, staff and students all work together toward one common goal unity. I attended LHS for four years and never had any problems with so- called gangs, drugs or violence. The teachers are caring, motivated and determined to help you in any way, but you yourself must take action and ask for it. Face it if your child is failing at LHS it's because of their lack of responsibility. ( You are not always going to be there to hold their hand)!

Posted February 21, 2010

Posted February 21, 2010
I'm a graduate of Lincoln High School. I am pleased to say that the atmosphere at Lincoln is just superb. As long as the student does not get involved with the 'bad students' on campus, all 4 years should be enjoyable. Teachers are always willing to help, and there are many extra curricular activities to take place in.

Posted November 20, 2009
Lincoln Lincoln Lincoln!!!! 10-0 baby!!! Lincoln has not only the best football team but also has amazing teachers and staff who strive to make the school and their students better. I am proud to be a LHS Fighting Zebra!!

Posted October 27, 2009

Posted September 29, 2009
we got the distinguished school award that only prostigues schools obtain.

Posted July 20, 2009
Yes the school is old! this graduating class of 09 was the schools 100th anniversary! i think lincoln is coming up and improving! we have gotten many awards this year! the teachers are great and the students are have huge school spirit, yes you might think that a zebra might be odd but everyone at that school is so proud to be a lincoln zebra! very positive school and most of the teachers there graduated from lincoln and couldnt stay away!

Lincoln High School 1

Posted July 09, 2009
I myself am a graduate of Lincoln High School. I'm amazed how much this school has changed. Not for the best. Unfortunately I've had the experience of seeing first hand how bad it really is. My daughter was involved in an altercation awhile back, and I felt the cituation was handled poorly. Istead of 'getting rid of the problem' the school suspended my daughter and we had to go through the whole process of having an actual hearing. After a month of suspension, yes a whole month of not being in school, they say my daughter was not at fault. Imagine that. The only reason this came to head was due to the irrationality of the other parent. I do agree there is a problem with 'wanna be gang members'Just because my daughter chooses not to associate with them, they will continue to harrass her. I am very displeased.

Lincoln High School
790 J Street, Lincoln, CA  95648
Last modified Lincoln High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lincoln High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 36 reviews. Top