Livermore Valley Charter School

Charter | K-8 | 932 students

Living in Livermore

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $430,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,595.

Posted April 18, 2014

It is a great school with a wonderful staff. Livermore Valley Charter School is very clean and is an ideal choice for students. Not may schools in California have a PE teacher!

Posted October 27, 2013

We love LVCS!!! Great school, with lots activities and encourages parental evolvement. The principal and teachers are enthusiastic and always put students first. Priorities are placed in students' education and safety.

Posted October 22, 2013

I am the proud mother of two very happy children attending Livermore Valley Charter School. My daughter has been to four schools including a Montessori, and Catholic school and says she's never been more challenged, or engaged than at the LVCS. She is an honor roll student for 7 yrs of schooling. She LOVES it! My son has been to 2 schools and also loves the LVCS the most. What can I say other than, its a great school, and if you are on a waiting list, stay on it, its worth the wait, i PROMISE!

Posted October 9, 2013

AN EXCELLENT SCHOOL. THEY CARE ABOUT THE KIDS AND CLASSES ARE SMALL AND GREAT ACTIVITIES INVOLVING PARENTS AND STUDENTS.

Posted October 7, 2013

Our school has a lot going on. A lot of parents volunteer so the school can do so much more. The principal has a lot of energy and puts the students and teachers first. I am not sure how many elementary schools have an art, Spanish, music, art and PE specialist. LVCS does. LVCS also has relatively small class sizes, and coupled with parent volunteers, kids can get individual attention. We love our school.

Posted October 4, 2013

I love this school. Parents and teachers work together. The principal is full of positive energy.

Posted October 4, 2013

My Son attends kindergarten at LVCS and I am thrilled with his enthusiasm each day when we pick him up. He loves to share what he has leared. His Teacher is amazing and I am thrilled to be a part of the LVCS Family!

Posted October 4, 2013

Best school we've ever attended! We've had our kids at Valley Christian, Our Savior and Smith Elementary...and by far this is the best school ever. The staff is highly skilled at every level from the custodian to the Principal! The focus is on the kids and education..with a passion. Special kids are included in all classes and activities...in our private schools the special kids were isolated to one classroom and one special ed teacher. Gifted kids are also included in all classes and activities...they are not elevated above others as they were at Smith school. LVCS is diverse in population because it does not pull kids from one central neighborhood as the local public schools do. The only downside to this school is that it is constantly put down by the other parents, teaches and teachers unions at local schools and it's unfair to our kids, parents and staff. We were on the waiting list 6 years before our kids got in to the school and we are very thankful. With 600 kids on the waiting list..I'd say this is an excellent school! After you get one child in, then the other children will be moved up the waiting list. It's worth the wait.

Posted October 3, 2013

Great school! They make learning fun and interesting for the kids. I have seen a tremendous growth on my son's academic skills. He is more interested in learning even after school and enjoys that he is challenge at lvcs.

Posted October 2, 2013

I can not say enough about how wonderful this school is. I have a child with learning disabilities and the resource staff here is more than I could have ever dreamed of for my child. I love how involved all the parents are and how open the communications is between faculty, admin, and parents. A day never goes by that I don't know what is going on in the school. My children come home with new bits of information and they are so excited to share what's going on in the classroom and what they are learning now. I just can not get enough of this school.

Posted October 2, 2013

Livermore Valley Charter School has been a wonderful school to have my children attend. My son is doing so much better in school and the teachers have been a great help and work with the students. My daughter absolutly loves her class and teachers. The communication between the teachers and me as their parent has been great. The new location is wonderful and the classrooms are great.

Posted October 2, 2013

I love our charter school. We have the best teachers and administrative staff. My kids benefit from all the amazing programs and specialists. I love how involved all the families are in making our school the best.

Posted October 2, 2013

LVCS exceeded our expectations! With the music, art and spanish classes that are a part of every day curriculum! It has been such a wonderful transition from our neighborhood school. My boys are getting so much more at our school than they would be at a district school. The families at LVCS are very enthusiastic and donate so much of their time to help our school be what it is. FANTASTIC!

Posted October 2, 2013

LVCS is a wonderful school with great teachers, a lot of parent involvement, high academic standards.

Posted October 1, 2013

Wonderful principal and teachers, involved parents make our school a positive experience for our children. Yes, there are definitely areas to be improved. I'd like to see a better response from the principal(s) when it comes to dealing with bullies. We have many areas at our new campus that have yet to be improved. It seems many things were promised and yet haven't been delivered in the 9 years my children have been in attendance. Will they be in place by the time my youngest is an 8th grader? I think the problem mainly lies in the CEO of TVLC. How long will we wait to see an auditorium and sports fields and a secure campus. We also need updated desks, science and art tables. Our new library is lacking in size and seems to not be considered as important a resource by the CEO as it should be. Despite these concerns, our school has the most devoted teachers. Our children benefit from looping in grades 1&2, 3&4. We have specialists who teach music, Spanish, art, phys ed and science. An active PTO who coordinates many enjoyable envents for our school community. The teachers and principal are the best thing about our school.

Posted October 1, 2013

I feel very lucky that my children are students at LVCS. This is a school that utilizes modern, innovative teaching methods; continuously evaluates and changes strategies as needed in order to improve; employs outstanding, enthusiastic teachers and administrators; keeps my kids safe; utilizes parent involvement very effectively as an educational tool; and strives to provide the best possible education for it's students. In the spirit of continuous improvement I give the school 4 out of 5 stars, because there is always room for growth! The truth is, having the opportunity to send my kids to this school was literally like "wining the lottery". It is the best possible education I can attain for them.

Posted October 1, 2013

It's amazing how much my daughter has grown in such a short time. I love LVCS! I knew after listening to a few of my teacher friends rave about what an amazing school it was and how they wished their kids could go there. I'm so thankful we got in.

Posted September 30, 2013

I am so thankful for this school! The teachers are superb - and always go the extra mile for my kids. In fact, just this morning my daughter was talking about how fun her school is, and how lucky she is. There is a lot of support for parent involvement and communication. I have volunteered with classes at all grade levels, on various projects, and have not meet one teacher that I did not like. They are all very present, and work hard to keep things fresh and interesting. The teachers work within their grade level and with the levels above and below them to make sure students are learning what they need to - and staying on track. Add to that weekly Spanish and Art starting in first grade, weekly P.E. and music starting in Kinder, along with Science and after school clubs - this school excels at every level. The principal is very available to parents. If there is a school issue, or student issue, she has set aside time to address whatever questions you may have. We are very lucky.

Posted August 14, 2013

LVCS is a wonderful school where teachers work together with parents to educate students. Love this school.

Posted August 1, 2013

I am very proud to be an LVCS parent. Besides our high standards and achievements academically, our school offers our students an enriching integrated curriculum that includes Art, Music & Spanish. A curriculum that is usually found in Private and not Public schools. Skills learned through these disciplines also transfer to study skills, communication skills, and cognitive skills useful in the strengthening of math, reading, creative thinking and visual arts skills.

This school's

(2012)

9 / 10

6 / 10

API Growth scores over time

Did this school meet the API goal this year?
  • This school met the state goal of 800.

API Growth scores by subgroup

Did this school meet all the API goals for student subgroups this year?
  • This school met all student subgroup API targets for 2013

Change from 2012 to 2013
API Statewide Rank
(2012)

9 / 10

API Statewide Rank (2012)

6 / 10

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 56% in 2013.

118 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 65% in 2013.

118 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 46% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 66% in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 65% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 72% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 65% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 57% in 2013.

122 students were tested at this school in 2013.

The state average for English Language Arts was 60% in 2013.

121 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 55% in 2013.

121 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 86% in 2013.

34 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 52% in 2013.

86 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 50% in 2013.

47 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 57% in 2013.

108 students were tested at this school in 2013.

2010

General Mathematics (Grades 6 & 7 Standards)

21 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Geometry

The state average for Geometry was 85% in 2013.

43 students were tested at this school in 2013.

History - Social Science Grade 8 Cumulative

112 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 67% in 2013.

110 students were tested at this school in 2013.

All Students85%

Parent education - some college (includes AA degree)55%
Parent education - college graduate88%
Parent education - graduate school/post graduate87%
Parent education - declined to staten/a

General Mathematics (Grades 6 & 7 Standards)

All Students14%
Students with no reported disability17%
Fluent-English proficient and English only14%
Parent education - some college (includes AA degree)17%
Parent education - college graduaten/a
Parent education - graduate school/post graduaten/a

Geometry

First-year teachers 0%N/AN/A
Source: CRDC, 2011-2012

Awards

Academic awards received in the past 3 years
  • Alameda County Sweepstakes Award (2007)
  • Livermore Library Young Authors Awards (2007)

Arts & music

School start time
  • 7:45
School end time
  • 2:45
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school