Bad
Good

*original post did not post* Croce was our neighborhood school when my eldest started Kindergarten. He is now in fifth with a second grade sibling. We've moved and each year enter a transfer request to remain at Croce. It is a school full of pride, respect, hard work and learning. My kids are excited to get to class every day and feel a huge sense of community and accomplishment at Croce. The PTA works their hardest to make a difference and helps to support several staff members, the teachers and providing a sense of community within the Croce families.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Each year I have been pleasantly surprised that teachers truly seem to take an interest in getting to know their students and know their learning styles. All my experience with the teachers have been open and honest and supportive.

Not only does my daughter go to this school, but I work there. I see a lot and would NOT recommend this school, EVER!! My daughter suffers from ADHD and teachers don't have the knowledge or patience to teach her. Unfortunately she gets mostly F's every year and they still pass her. She slips through the cracks. A lot of bullying at this school as well. I think the principal is overwhelmed and things don't get done.

One of the teacher in my kids class found very poor she cannot teach any thing other than reading stories as any day care nannies do she is very poor in encouraging kids her teaching skills are poor cannot teach reading or math skill... not sure how she stayed in same school for very long as teacher. My son knows very good math before he joined this school now he forgot teacher actively tries and tries to settle scores with parents to show the kid learned only from her not before... There are some good teachers in the reviews make sure not to send your kid to other teachers. I am disappointed.... Parent

The posting from 9/6/06 sounds like a problem with a particular teacher. It really helps to be as involved as possible with your child's teacher and classroom and to discuss issues as they arise. I have had 3 children attend Croce for the past several years and have found the staff open and welcoming, the curriculum challenging, the extracurricular activities abundant and the PTA/parent involvement to be outstanding. All of my children have benefitted greatly from their experiences at this school.

Croce Elementary is a fantasticl! It has dedicated, talented, energetic teachers who enjoy teaching. My sons never complain about school or say that they don't want to go. They enjoy learning and their high test scores show they can prove it. Croce teachers are often involved in extra-curricular activites on and off campus. I often see teachers (and principals) at school/community functions. Croce also has many parent volunteers that help our school provide a plethora of extra-curricular events. Lastly, our wonderful GATE program provides activities and adventures for our GATE students. No school is perfect, however, this school is exceptional. They listen and respond to parent input and always strive to do their best. (Communication is always hard, but Croce has worked to make it better: website, teacher email, specific day for notices, etc.) My oldest son attended 5th (currently 9th LHS) - my youngest attended 1st - 5th (last year).

Last modified Leo R. Croce Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.