Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Posted September 18, 2015
*original post did not post* Croce was our neighborhood school when my eldest started Kindergarten. He is now in fifth with a second grade sibling. We've moved and each year enter a transfer request to remain at Croce. It is a school full of pride, respect, hard work and learning. My kids are excited to get to class every day and feel a huge sense of community and accomplishment at Croce. The PTA works their hardest to make a difference and helps to support several staff members, the teachers and providing a sense of community within the Croce families.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted September 18, 2015
Each year I have been pleasantly surprised that teachers truly seem to take an interest in getting to know their students and know their learning styles. All my experience with the teachers have been open and honest and supportive.

Develops empathy: Agree

Posted September 18, 2015
One of the best programs at Croce that benefits older and younger kids alike is the reading buddy program. The older kids learn to be mindful and kind and compassionate with their younger buddies and the younger kids have someone to look up to and be supported by that are peers.

Leo R. Croce Elementary School 1

Posted November 08, 2011
Not only does my daughter go to this school, but I work there. I see a lot and would NOT recommend this school, EVER!! My daughter suffers from ADHD and teachers don't have the knowledge or patience to teach her. Unfortunately she gets mostly F's every year and they still pass her. She slips through the cracks. A lot of bullying at this school as well. I think the principal is overwhelmed and things don't get done.

Posted May 12, 2010
One of the teacher in my kids class found very poor she cannot teach any thing other than reading stories as any day care nannies do she is very poor in encouraging kids her teaching skills are poor cannot teach reading or math skill... not sure how she stayed in same school for very long as teacher. My son knows very good math before he joined this school now he forgot teacher actively tries and tries to settle scores with parents to show the kid learned only from her not before... There are some good teachers in the reviews make sure not to send your kid to other teachers. I am disappointed.... Parent

Posted September 05, 2007
The posting from 9/6/06 sounds like a problem with a particular teacher. It really helps to be as involved as possible with your child's teacher and classroom and to discuss issues as they arise. I have had 3 children attend Croce for the past several years and have found the staff open and welcoming, the curriculum challenging, the extracurricular activities abundant and the PTA/parent involvement to be outstanding. All of my children have benefitted greatly from their experiences at this school.

Posted August 21, 2007
Croce Elementary is a fantasticl! It has dedicated, talented, energetic teachers who enjoy teaching. My sons never complain about school or say that they don't want to go. They enjoy learning and their high test scores show they can prove it. Croce teachers are often involved in extra-curricular activites on and off campus. I often see teachers (and principals) at school/community functions. Croce also has many parent volunteers that help our school provide a plethora of extra-curricular events. Lastly, our wonderful GATE program provides activities and adventures for our GATE students. No school is perfect, however, this school is exceptional. They listen and respond to parent input and always strive to do their best. (Communication is always hard, but Croce has worked to make it better: website, teacher email, specific day for notices, etc.) My oldest son attended 5th (currently 9th LHS) - my youngest attended 1st - 5th (last year).

Leo R. Croce Elementary School 2

Posted September 05, 2006
Croce Elementary School has proven to be a great disappointment. My child is attending for her second year and after only a week and a half, I am ready to place her in a charter school. I wanted to have her in a public school for several reasons such as developing and maintaining social skills, learning in new and creative formats, and building confidence. However, the only information I seem to receive in a timely fashion is the monthly fundraiser flyers. I have received information about assemblies where my daughter will be receiving a reward and I'm invited to attend, the day after and my daughter has brought home completed homework that the teacher hasn't reviewed because no one checked her backpack, this has happened many times. Amazingly enough though, if I send a check to school for school pictures, yearbooks, ect. my daughter doesn't return home with them.

Posted January 06, 2006
Croce has been a wonderful place for my son to learn and get a great education. The teachers as well as the principal and staff are outstanding in their care for their students as well as a great passion for their jobs

Leo R. Croce Elementary School 3

Posted October 09, 2005
The Livermore School District is an underfunded district. It receives less money per student than surrounding districts. However, with voter approval of Measure D in 2004, class sized reduction is available until 2010. After that, CSR will fall back to the parents in the community for funding or to the state. Croce offers music, library, and computer classes as a result of intensive PTA funding. Parents raise $50-70K each school year to fund these programs. This school offers P.E. in the classroom run by the teachers. This school has very invovled parents and teachers who work hard each year to provide the best educational experience for Croce's children.

5650 Scenic Avenue, Livermore, CA  94551
Last modified Leo R. Croce Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.