Livermore, CA

East Avenue Middle School 3

Posted May 07, 2014
We are new to this school. My kids adjusted very quickly and in general, love East Avenue. However, we can't get over the apparent lack of interest of several of their teachers in their jobs. We have an honors teacher who routinely loses homework hand-ins and gives 0s for it. We have had to chase her down and make her look a little harder to find my child's work multiple times this year. And I hear this is common. We have a music teacher who is borderline verbally abusive to some of the students. Does she think the kids don't tell their parents what she says? And then there's the honors science teacher who reads from the text book and shows videos to teach the material, and doesn't pay attention to the class much of the time. My child does her other homework in this class. Fortunately there is a wonderful 6th grade honors english teacher and a great 7th grade honors science teacher, but it's been hard coming from a great school with teachers dedicated to helping their students succeed to dealling with the above-mentioned teachers. I certainly hope the 8th grade won't be the same.

Posted August 22, 2013
We just transferred to East from a neighboring city. The teachers and students are very nice. The facility used to be an elementary school and the exterior and "yards" have the look of an elementary school more than a middle school. The dress code is similar to schools in the area; however, unlike the majority of schools in the area, East is very strict about enforcing the dress code, a bit over the top in my opinion but if you are new to the school, make sure you review the dress code before doing any shopping. Nice traffic flow for student drop off and pick up.

Posted June 25, 2011
The best thing about East Avenue Middle School is the 8th grade teacher, Mrs. Riolo. Two of my kids have had her and she really got them ready for high school. She is the perfect 8th grade teacher, especailly if your child needs that extra kick. My kids adored her and so do they all. If you have a child in 8th grade make sure they get Mrs. Riolo. The other 8th grade teachers are not nearly effective as she is.

East Avenue Middle School 1

Posted June 02, 2011
Horrible principal!!! This school does nothing about bullies!!! My son went to this school and got bullied by the thugs...when I brought this issue to the principal, she told me that, "Boys will be boys" and left it at that. This is the kind of attitude that allows bullies to continue their reign of terror!!!

Posted February 03, 2010

East Avenue Middle School 2

Posted November 18, 2009
I have had 2 sons go through this school. EAMS does a terrible job of protecting the students from bullying and crime. It has been an issue for all of the years that we attended.

Posted May 11, 2009

East Avenue Middle School 0

Posted April 05, 2009
This school just won the California Distinguished School award and it's well deserved. The staff is great to work with and they are very committed to the kids. In my opinion Mrs. Ze and Mrs. Riolo are the best teachers on the staff. Both are tough, but really prepare the kids for the future. I would recommend this school and these teachers in particular to any parent who has a 7th or 8th grader.

Posted March 19, 2009

Posted January 10, 2009

East Avenue Middle School
3951 East Avenue, Livermore, CA  94550
Last modified East Avenue Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
East Avenue Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top