Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

All teachers seem to really care about helping their student succeed. They are amazing. Thank you

Develops character: Strongly agree

The Jackson faculty goes above and beyond to help each and every student. They treat all the children fairly and with respect.

I have 3 kids at Jackson. The teachers are wonderful and do a great job at helping their students in any way. The new principal Ms. Johnston had made such great progress with with school. In all I am glad that my children attend Jackson.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Overall most of the teaching staff is great. We have loved nearly all of the teachers our children have had. They are great educators.

Both of my children have attended Jackson Avenue since Kindergarten, and our oldest is in fifth grade this year. We love the school! It's not only a great environment with real classrooms instead of portables, but the entire staff is wonderful. They have the most wonderful office staff, great teachers, and a wonderful principal who joined us in 2013 and has been such a positive presence. Shari is out and about with the children and parents, engaged in their learning and what is happening at the school. It's obvious the kids love her too. I tell everyone to check out Jackson Avenue. It is a great environment and the kids are getting a top notch education. You won't be disappointed.

New Principal Shari Johnston is so great ! Very involved in every aspect, kids teachers, staff.

I also agree with the reviews regarding the principal. I have seen her walk around in the mornings and just speak with the staff and not once make eye contact or greet any parents OR children. Even on back to school night it looked like she was giving a tour to a district employee. How about at least keeping that time open to reach out to parents and students? Step it up! I have had some good experiences with the teachers. I don't see the "diversity" being a problem here-like was stated in another post. I think some parents are involved in their children's upbringing, and some aren't-period.

This school is amazing! My child has gone here in kindergarden and is going to finish as a 5th grader! i <3 this school.

The teachers are wonderful and very approachable. Both of my children are excelling 'above grade level'.

We have been at Jackson going on five years now. I wondered if the diversity might be a problem and it has been an adjustment as we have had to deal with my son learning gang signs in 1st grade, witnessing others tagging the school, but it has been very minimal. The only problem I truly see is the difficulty for the staff regarding communication as it is very weak sometimes. Now I am doing lunch time yard duty for k-5th grade and there are very few kids out of line. The ones that are are fairly simple to deal with but they are not getting better so that is a concern. Parents are enjoying the detention as at least their child is doing their homework. So I do beleive it is the parents that are not stepping up for their kids.

Last modified Jackson Avenue Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.