K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Valley Montessori School
Grateful to: Teacher

Posted December 09, 2015
I am grateful for the many exceptional teachers at this school. My daughter is not only getting a top quality education, but is also exposed to daily life lessons which makes her a better young person. The teachers are engaging and have genuine care for all of the children who attend.

Posted August 30, 2015
My son and daughter attend this school. My wife and I moved to south Livermore for the public schools. We put both of our kids in pre-school at VMS and our kids loved it. We thought about enrolling our kids at Sunset and even considered the charter school. However, VMS has the rare combination of high academic achieving students along with a supportive, yet independent nature that the school fosters in its children. This is something neither my wife or I have not seen elsewhere. The teachers are amazing and there is a very high level of parental involvement, which translates to a great school experience for our kids.

Posted September 11, 2013
This school is amazing. My son came here from the peninsula several years ago. In addition to small class sizes and lots of individualized attention, the curriculum is individualized as well. My son enjoys the other kids--bullying is no longer a problem and he never complains about having to go to school. His standardized tests scores indicate that he is above grade level in most subject areas and it is due to his education here because that was not the case elsewhere. You will not find more caring teachers.

Posted September 08, 2013
VMS has a strong community and dedicated teachers!! We could not be happier with the "whole child" approach to our children's education. Our children are critical thinkers and we watch them take on the challenges of every level. We highly recommend VMS if you are committed to educating your child for the challenges of higher education and a rewarding career path

Posted August 23, 2013
Valley Montessori School is a wonderful place for our children. This is the fourteenth year our family has been at the school and we are so happy with almost everything. From the philosophy of the teaching method to the awareness that it is imperative to teach the whole child when educating, not only the 3 R's. VMS has always believed what we've recently heard on recent TED talks about educating. In a perfect world, teachers don't educate, especially in the younger grades. It is the child's curiosity that propels them into greatness. The teachers are there to provide learning opportunities and guide the children. At younger ages, this is so applicable. As the children move up to older grades, there is a gradual change to a more traditional approach. This is appropriate since our children will all go on to high school and college and will need to be able to compete with everyone else. In my opinion, The children at VMS learn to think out of the box, rather than just follow. Their love for learning is nurtured at every step. You won't find any of these kids complaining about school. They all love it! We have been so happy at our school.

Posted April 14, 2013
Valley Montessori preschool is excellent. The teachers are loving and are very focused on the needs and growth of the students and students are well cared for emotionally and physically. They are taught at their individual levels. I love the total environment and trust the teachers and school personnel to do what is best for my child.

Posted April 10, 2013
I can't imagine a better place for my children. I urge you to find out for yourself by visiting a classroom. You will be blown away. You ll marvel at the lack of desks in rows, that the children are all quietly working hard without having to be directed to do so. * The kids are in mixed aged classrooms. Younger kids can go to older ones for help, and older students get lessons reinforced by teaching it to the younger ones. * The children are allowed a choice of activity and can pursue their interests. They are never bored and are always stimulated. * Children learn by using hands-on concrete materials helps reinforce lessons and make concepts like math and spelling easier to understand. The teachers are exemplary. They are highly trained and certified in the Montessori curriculum. My kids are happy, caring and imaginative. They will be well prepared for high school. Alumni routinely are placed into advanced high school courses. The test results show that the kids are testing well above grade level

Valley Montessori School 4

Posted April 10, 2013
Our oldest went through the middle school program and we have our 2 youngest making our way through lower elementary and primary. We really believe in the school and it has been academically a great place for our kids. Socially, we have had some problems with bullying, but the teachers and administrative staff were very responsive and the situations were dealt with immediately and effectively.

Posted January 17, 2013
As a member of the VMS community, I am grateful. There are many words for what I feel, but grateful is the one that speaks the loudest. I wanted my child to have a place to learn academics, but also to become a good person. I was unfamiliar with Montessori. I was invited to come and observe. I spent an hour. I watched a classroom with 3- to 5-year-old children who played together happily (later learning that the children were using a material designed with deep thought for children s cognitive development). Since beginning, my child has walked an incredible path--from preschool to Middle School. With a strong group of friends and their families, teachers who care and understand, and an administration that supports and encourages, my child understands respect and shows empathy. My child LOVES TO LEARN. My child has a voice. My child has self-confidence. My child cares about others. My child learns from older children and mentors younger ones. Reviews that you read are the opinions of adults. The proof of what VMS is about lies in the students. I encourage you to talk to them to visit them to see them in motion a picture is worth much more than ANY words.

Valley Montessori School 4

Posted January 16, 2013
We are new to Valley Montessori this school year and it has been nothing short of amazing. The teachers are warm, welcoming, loving and provide an academically rigorous curriculum. They are able to balance various ages in each classroom with their Montessori approach. The student-teacher ratio remains small which is the best predictor for success academically. My daughter is thriving at Valley and is happy going to school. She clearly has gained the "love of learning" that Valley tries very hard to instill in every child. We came from a very well established independent school in Baltimore and worried that trying to find something similar in California would be very difficult. This has been a perfect fit for both my daughter and our family. The families, teachers and employees have welcomed us with open arms and continue to guide us through our transition as a new member of Valley Montessori. I would strongly advise a visit to see the school to make your own judgement call. I am very sad to see poor reviews online. I can't imagine my daughter going anywhere else! I would give the school a 5 star review but believe there is always room for improvement and growth.

Valley Montessori School
1273 North Livermore Avenue, Livermore, CA  94551
Last modified Valley Montessori School is a Private school that serves grades K-8