K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Handles bullying effectively: Agree

The school fosters mutual respect between all students and respect between students and teachers. They practice conflict management rather than just punishment.

Supports LD students: Strongly agree

Teacher really go out of their way to interact with students as individuals. The small class sizes and student teacher ration makes this even better.

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

The current administration is amazing. They are so personable. They are always out and around the school, greeting parents and interacting with staff and students. I have seen them going in and out of classrooms supporting teachers.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Ethics and respect for all people is a part of their philosophy and starts even in the early ages.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers are amazing. The care and focus they have on the individual of each child is second to none.

Totally disagree with the 1 star review from January 26th. I've had my child at VMS since toddler. My child was crazy at home and in public. They are constantly pushing boundaries and it takes every ounce of attention to try and keep the in check. However after spending the past 3 years at VMS the change in my child has been dramatic. My child is pleasant and focused. My child wants to help with cleaning and takes pride in doing things on his own. While at home my child still pushes the boundaries at school they are a totally different person. My child has learned how to interact with other children and even become a mentor to younger students, leading them through work. Being in Kindergarten my child is ready and doing 4 digit addition and subtraction. My thought is that the negative review is from a parent who doesn't want to face the fact that they also have to parent their child and that the school isn't going to fix someone who is spoiled and receives little or too much attention at home. There are many "busy boys" at this school who have no trouble at all focusing and following the rules.

Don't send your son(s) here. They only like to have well behaved children who is VERY QUITE. If your boy(s) is typical boy(s), go to other places. Once they label that your boy(s) is active, then that's done deal. They don't want to educate your child(ren). If they found a problem/ problems (which they think, from their own judgement, they just ignore doctor's opinion), then you will finally need to leave.

My son and daughter attend this school. My wife and I moved to south Livermore for the public schools. We put both of our kids in pre-school at VMS and our kids loved it. We thought about enrolling our kids at Sunset and even considered the charter school. However, VMS has the rare combination of high academic achieving students along with a supportive, yet independent nature that the school fosters in its children. This is something neither my wife or I have not seen elsewhere. The teachers are amazing and there is a very high level of parental involvement, which translates to a great school experience for our kids.

This school is amazing. My son came here from the peninsula several years ago. In addition to small class sizes and lots of individualized attention, the curriculum is individualized as well. My son enjoys the other kids--bullying is no longer a problem and he never complains about having to go to school. His standardized tests scores indicate that he is above grade level in most subject areas and it is due to his education here because that was not the case elsewhere. You will not find more caring teachers.

VMS has a strong community and dedicated teachers!! We could not be happier with the "whole child" approach to our children's education. Our children are critical thinkers and we watch them take on the challenges of every level. We highly recommend VMS if you are committed to educating your child for the challenges of higher education and a rewarding career path

Last modified Valley Montessori School is a Private school that serves grades K-8