Livermore, CA

Posted October 28, 2012
This school is on the CUTTING EDGE of the latest teaching techniques - they have raised test scores among kids who are English Learners. My kids LOVE their teachers, and the school feels like a home for them. Outstanding office staff and principal!! This school is in a low-mid income neighborhood with a majority of students who are immigrants - YET they have overcome the challenges with excellent teaching. My kids learn about new cultures and become tolerant of differences in the process.

Posted February 25, 2010
I have a 3rd grader and a 1st grader and I am also an educator. I was welcomed by the staff to come for a tour and to interview the principal and teachers before we enrolled our boys. I was impressed by the differentiated instruction and that all kids were getting taught to their individual needs. Plus my boys LOVE going to school and have made quick friends there.

Posted November 04, 2009
Both my children went to this school and it was a good school to go to- I helped out in some areas as a parent and the school is still going strong

Marylin Avenue Elementary School 4

Posted October 06, 2009
My son attends Marylin. The Kinder team is amazing. The school diversity is very beneficial for the future. I don't feel it takes away from my sons learning...it adds to it.

Posted October 03, 2009
They are wonderful with my six year old first grader! She is learning so much already this year!!Thank you Mrs. Kusko!!!!

Posted August 18, 2009
I think the teachers work very hard and really target the child's learning deficits. I think the teachers in each grade work well together. The kids I help often have trouble with the math homework because there is not enough repetition of the skills.

Marylin Avenue Elementary School 3

Posted September 09, 2003
I have been an involved parent at Marylin Ave Elem. for a few years now. I have one child in the fourth grade and one in the second grade. My son's third grade teacher last year was excellent. She provided lots of enthusiasm and encouraged the children to learn. I was very discouraged by last years first grade teacher as she was hardly ever there. She was always on campus but never in the classroom, she was always working on some project for the principal. I feel as though her entire class suffered as a result of this, my child now lacks confidence that she had before.

800 Marylin Avenue, Livermore, CA  94551
Last modified Marylin Avenue Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Marylin Avenue Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top