William Mendenhall Middle School 4

Posted June 22, 2014
Mendenhall Middle School's staff, teachers and administrators work hard to keep this school above the norm. The principal is very positive and very proactive with day to day functions and keeping a very good learning environment. We are losing an excellent VP to retirement. Many teachers are very hard working and the school has an excellent math/science departments. There is a fine selection of extra-curricular activities. The parent PTO completes the equation that keeps this school above others. I'm confident that my children will be prepared for H.S. by attending this school.

Posted April 12, 2012
As a parent whose oldest child began at Mendenhall in 2006 and youngest will promote this year, it has been amazing to see, in the past few years, the level of student learning and achievement increase; observe happy, well-adjusted students who are motivated to learn; find enthusiasm and great passion for teaching among the staff; and especially a principal and vice principal who are willing to do what it takes to ensure every student gains the knowledge and skills necessary to be successful in high school and throughout life. The principal has not only tackled new student programs, which have lead to increased test scores and student success, but she has also motivated staff and given the parent community an avenue to thrive, to name a few. I am thankful my children have had the opportunity to attend such a wonderful middle school and look forward to seeing all student's test "above average" and succeed in life in the years to come!

Posted March 30, 2012
I am the parent of a happy, well- rounded student at MMS. Coming in I heard the stories about things that happened on campus and that parents were not welcome. I can say that this has not been our experience. We ve had a fantastic 3 years. My child feels well -prepared for high school and that is a reflection of the great work by the entire community at MMS. The staff, parents, and students work together to make MMS a great place for our children to learn. In response to the post about grade inflation I could not disagree more. While my child has always been a strong student we had some struggles this year. The teachers provided support but did not give unearned grades. One trimester of less than fabulous grades has inspired my child to return to habits of organization and dedication. There have been changes at the school. The staff is working together in new ways. Homework now meets district policy. And new approaches to intervention with struggling students are helping to close the achievement gap. This paradigm shift takes time and is beginning to bare fruit. I believe that this is only the beginning of great things to come.

Posted March 10, 2012
Mendenhall is an excellent middle school. I was worried before my first child entered middle school. I had heard about all the bad things that can happen to kids when they enter 6th grade. None of my fears were realized. In fact, my children enjoy school and do well. The students at Mendenhall are encouraged to reach their individual potential. If they are struggling with their studies they are given tools to help them succeed. If they need more depth and complexity in their studies opportunities exist to satisfy those needs as well. The community at Mendenhall is also wonderful and supportive. Parents, teachers and the administration all strive to make Mendenhall the best middle school possible so that the students can excel in high school and beyond.

William Mendenhall Middle School 1

Posted February 21, 2012
"Caveat emptor" I do not accept that 75% of the student body is on the honor roll and 50% is on the Principals Honor Roll (3.67+) without grade inflation. This is my second child attending MMS and I have seen very little homework on a day to day basis. My eldest child was in 8th grade 2 years ago had courses that were of higher quality and rigor. The "Buzz" from the students is that the principal will side 100% with the student /parent by bullying the teacher into reducing coursework to a basic level that most of the class is getting 100% on tests and HW. The Principal came from Junction Ave MS which under her leadership was to total academic disaster. Why the school district is allowing her to destroy MMS as she did to Junction Ave is a mystery to me. Do not be surprised if your "A" student scores a "Basic " or worse on the CST/STAR testing.

Posted January 07, 2012
I had one child already go threw this school and a another there now. It has been a great experience for both my children to date. My first was extremely prepared for High school and beyond and my second is well on the way, We have been very happy with our middle school and are glad we made the right choice with Mendenhall.

Posted January 02, 2012
My younger sister is an 8th grade student at Mendenhall. She has been very pleased with all of her teachers. The curriculum is quite challenging which strongly allows her education to progress. In addition, the sport programs at Mendenhall are extremely organized. I feel that Mendenhall has fully prepared my sister for high school. I definitely plan on having my children attend Mendenhall someday.

Posted January 02, 2012
I have two children attending Mendenhall Middle School. I have been extremely impressed with the communication between school and home. I feel very connected to what is going on. Also, the teachers are very invested in the students. I enjoy seeing teachers at many of the events sponsered by the school such as concerts, sporting events, etc.

Posted December 16, 2011
My daughter is in eighth grade and we have been very pleased with her education at Mendenhall. The challenging curriculum has prepared her for high school and beyond. My daughter's needs have been met by her teachers, the administration and support staff. I would highly recommend this school.

William Mendenhall Middle School 1

Posted April 12, 2011
I have two kids at this school and have not been very impressed. There seems to be a huge problem with bullies and the principal has no clue how to handle it. I do not recommend this school to anyone who does not have LOTS of MONEY.

William Mendenhall Middle School
1701 El Padro Drive, Livermore, CA  94550
Last modified William Mendenhall Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
William Mendenhall Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 29 reviews.