Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Staff member (1 response)

Posted June 25, 2016
I love this school! Within two weeks of transferring (we had moved from Sunnyvale) my child learned more in just two then he had in the five months he was at his previous school!!! The IB program is fantastic and the are lots of enrichment activities to take advantage of.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted June 25, 2016
Ms Mathews is an AWESOME TEACHER. She is a true gem and the kids love her.

Grateful to: Staff member

Posted January 30, 2016
Ms. Patricia, in the front, is a hardworking woman and she remains cordial and friendly to everyone at the counter. I'm happy with all of the staff.

Posted January 30, 2016
This school not only focuses very well on the obvious--learning, but they also want the children to be responsible citizens and positive contributors to the world. Multiculturalism and acceptance are taught throughout the year, not just for Martin Luther King's birthday. The principal, Dr. Lembo, is very active, engaging and forward-thinking, which is one reason the IB Program is going so well. I commend everyone involved in making Joe Michell the best kept secret while others continue to have outrageous waiting lists and overcrowding.

Posted August 17, 2015
My daughter started in Joe Michell last year (K) when we moved to Livermore and I have nothing but praises to say about this school. She immediately made new friends and settled in nicely. The principal along with all the teachers and staff have worked hard to accomplish the IB program and there is no doubt in my mind that they will continue to work as hard to carry it out successfully. The two teachers that she's had so far have been brilliant teachers who have kept the parents involved in all the activities and at every stage of the school year. I feel that Joe Michell has great support from the district as they trust and believe in the principal's vision. And it is partly that vision and the level of the teachers engagement that makes this school so great. The PTO is also under new leadership this year and I know that within that there will be a new enrichment program as well as other activities and events happening which will be aimed at strengthening our community. There is a real sense of community within the school. I feel very excited as to how the school will develop within this new program in the coming years and no doubt it will be a phenomenal improvement to the children's quality of education and to the Joe Michell community at large. My daughter would be able to walk to Sunset but she goes to Joe Michell where she is getting an International Education.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted August 17, 2015
This is part of the IB 'skills' that all students have to work on throughout the year. Parents are asked to comment on how the students demonstrated a certain trait and the students discuss this at home and at the school as well.

Posted August 10, 2015
Love this school.bgreat IB program, all grades learn Spanish, lots of different enrichment activities for kids. My son loves this school. Principal very friendly. Teachers are great

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted August 10, 2015
I'm hoping my son will get his teacher again as she is now teaching a different grade level. We absolutely loved her and have meet some great other teachers

Posted April 27, 2015
We moved from Smith to Michell this year and are 100% happy. I am also a teacher in the district and there are so many fabulous things JMS has to offer. The small size and close knit community were why we switched. My son has blossomed and is thriving and I enjoy how involved the teachers and staff (custodians, office staff, and principal) are. Like the Cheers theme goes "sometimes you want to go, where everybody knows your name..." Fantastic environment and teachers! As a mother of 4 I am so excited to have such a great school that's also our neighborhood school for all four to attend.

Posted March 24, 2015
We were new to Joe Michell this school year. Our children had been attending a local private school, and we were a little nervous about the transition to public. We could not be happier. The teachers at Joe Michell are excellent, the community has been welcoming and we are very excited about the blossoming International Baccalaureate program. Even my youngest comes home talking about what a principled inquirer (two of the IB traits) he was that day. The principal, Dr. Lembo, has a truly unique vision for the school that has her students' best interests in mind. My children are happy socially and academically, and we're looking forward to growing with the school.

1001 Elaine Avenue, Livermore, CA  94550-5414
Last modified Joe Michell K-8 School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.