Posted September 19, 2014
Wonderful school that is really going places with their STEM program (Project Lead the Way) and IB program.

Posted August 07, 2014
I am very thankful and happy to work at Joe Michell! Mrs. Lembo is a wonderful principal and she truly cares for the children, the families, and all of the staff members. Joe Michell is always looking for creative ways to keep up with the technological advances and keep learning fun and engaging. The staff is collaborative and very inviting. I feel the school and community is my "home away from home" and I'm proud to be a part of the school.

Joe Michell 4

Posted April 28, 2014
Joe Michell is a great school for parents and students wanting to creatively learn and be critical learners. The faculty is outstanding and they support and recognize each child for their achievements. Our daughter is excelling at Joe Michell thanks to her wonderful teachers.

Joe Michell 4

Posted August 22, 2013
I have two daughters that go to Joe Michell and I absolutely love the school. I really like the new principal, she has really been a positive addition to our school. My daughters feel safe and comfortable. They have had good experiences with the teachers and the staff at the school. If I ever have any issues or need to check in with their teachers or their principal, they have been very responsive. My daughters Kindergarten teacher from the previous year has checked in on my daughter was adjusting to her new teacher and I find that very comforting. One of my daughters was diagnosed with ADHD and the school staff and principle met with me to make sure this coming year is better for her academically and that she gets the support she needs. I love how they are involved. As parents, we need to be involved in our children's education and communicate with their teachers and/or principle as needed. I also find the after school enrichment classes and the runners club great for the students.

Posted August 09, 2013
Have had a great experience at the school real community feeling. My child has really enjoyed all aspects of school.

Posted May 14, 2013
Great teachers! Must say that my child is very happy at Michell I have seen the learning curve sky rocket this year. I wanted to share what a great experience we are having with the staff and Ms. Lembo (principal) she has been very professional, caring and very involved. I am also very excited to hear that Michell is pending on an IB program that will start in the near future...

Posted August 30, 2012
New Principal and I really like her and her vision for the school. She has listened to my concerns about the middle school and already has made changes for the better in the first week of school! My child is happy there and comments on how the principal has visited their class several times in the first week and has asked what they would like to see changed as well. I love the small school/class size too.

Posted August 27, 2012
Thank you LVJUSD for listening to the parents of Joe Michell. I have two children that go to JMS. I have always loved the fact that the school is small, the parent involvement is great and the teachers are amazing. However, I was really stuggling to stay at this school this coming year because of the Principal from last year. The new Principal (Mrs. Lembo) is already so involved. It is refreshing. She has great attitude, is responsive to parent inquiries, has great ideas on how to grow JMS and you can tell she is committed to Joe Michell and the students. We are staying and can't wait to see where Joe MIchell soars to. What exciting times!

Posted August 16, 2012
6th grade orientation yesterday went very smooth, well organized and with the staff on hand to personally greet & meet each family was very nice. The new Principal Laura Lembo provided a one-on-one orientation. She addressed all my sons questions & concerns thus eliminated any anxieties associated with starting a new school . I am sorry to hear about the incidents in the past with the old principal and thank you to those families who speak out and share your personal experiences.

Joe Michell 3

Posted April 29, 2012
I too had many concerns regarding the principal (Angela) and the way my son was treated by the "yard duty" personnel. Which is very unfortunate because we had an absolutely amazing experiences with the teachers on campus. My son was involved in altercations before school and at lunch (where he was punched) - and I did not find out from Angela (despite the boys being sent to the office to be interviewed by her). My son's teacher advised me what had occurred before class started for the day. My son was very intimidated by this other child - and I found it appalling that Angela kept both boys in the room while asking each child their version of what had happened. My son was too intimidated to speak up in front of the other child. Angela told me that because my son did not defend himself he too would receive detention. Angela definitely lacks some experience in child psychology.

Joe Michell
1001 Elaine Avenue, Livermore, CA  94550
Last modified Joe Michell is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Joe Michell Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 36 reviews. Top