Public charter
Livermore, CA

Posted August 27, 2014
Reasons why we chose this school: 1. Block scheduling 2. Smaller school environment. 3. Each student is provided a laptop for school-year use, which stores their school files, notes, and e-copies of their school books, etc. 4. School is run by a CMO non-profit public benefit corporation with a Board of Directors that runs several charter schools. The school is not subject to conform to the District's way of traditional way instruction. They must still meet the California performance standards and accountability requirements like the other public schools, but they can provide other styles of learning and methodology. 5. Uses Project-based learning methodology (PBL) 6. All the teachers are fully credentialed, not part of a union, no seniority levels, hired 'at-will', and yearly teaching evaluation. 7. Has a variety of electives in the areas of music, arts, technology, and world languages with advanced equipment 8. Good selection of interscholastic athletic programs 9. Academic courses geared towards UC/CSU admission, ability for students to take college credits with college professors teaching several subjects a week within the school. And AP courses also offered.

Posted October 24, 2013
My son has been attending LVCP for three years. The staff is extraordinary. They are willing to listen to both the parent and the student. My younger son will be attending as well. Great college prep school.

Posted October 22, 2013
Livermore Valley Prep. School is WONDERFUL! It fully prepares the students for higher education. Challenges them on every level. Courses offered are excellent and various allowing the students to begin working towards their career choices. I will be enrolling my daughter next year!

Posted August 11, 2013
My son chose LVCP because of the college-level courses offered that were taught by college professors. Of course, this website's rating does not reflect that because Star Tests and AP tests do not apply to college courses. His SAT score of 2360 tells me he chose well, and that LVCP prepared him for life beyond high school.

Posted August 02, 2013
Charter school. Small Classes. The only college preparatory high school in Livermore. Project based learning.

Posted May 02, 2013
The best school I have ever been to. This school made me an honor roll student and I am at a loss for words, my English teacher Ms Spencer is the best English teacher I have ever had. Besides teaching me English she has taught me leadership skills and pushed me to be the best student I could possibly be. I can't promote this school enough. Yours truly, Makena Harmon

Livermore Valley Charter Preparatory High School 1

Posted January 15, 2013
The amount of stress acquired from this school is what bothers me. We have projects all the time, in many different classes, and yet we still get a sustainable amount of homework. Tests come frequently, often accompanied with projects due in other classes on the same day. After we finish a project, there's no "break" in between the start-off of the next one. We simply roll out into another. Homework continues to pile atop studying, project elements, and extracurricular activities, stealing countless hours of spare time. I understand school is important, but so is social contact with friends. Everyone needs some free time, even if it's only a couple of hours. We're not machines, we're humans. This school seems to be testing how far we can be "pushed" before we "break." Occasionally, I have to pick and choose which project element I have to do and which one I won't be able to do, because there's simply too much work to be done. Then you get the response from the teachers, "You're not showing proper responsibility." That really ticks me off. You put us through all these tests, quizzes, presentations, projects, and homework, and the response essentially is: I don't care, do it.

Posted November 14, 2012
Mine and my (freshman) daughter's experience of LVCP has been exemplary. Amid the usual pressures of high school, coupled with some unforeseen growing pains, the LVCP administration and faculty have steadfastly focused on the education of each student as a whole person, keenly committed to the welfare of all students. We have experienced this in just about every interaction with LVCP. Information is clearly communicated to families in a timely manner. School work ties out to meaningful application for use later in life. Teachers are grateful for and encourage parent interaction. My daughter is a cheerleader. She loves cheer, and because of cheer she is learning to balance priorities. LVCP Athletic Director & sports programs are growing at a healthy pace. All student athletes know their first priority is their education. The school's expectation is for student athletes to maintain grades of B- or better in all classes. While this and other websites will enumerate the minutiae of "how" and "what" is taught, I'll contribute this observation: common sense is demonstrated in literally everything at LVCP. Integrity and "big-picture" are typically modeled as well.

Posted May 09, 2012
LVCP is a great school. The entire staff is focused on guiding students to a great educational path. The Principal - Lauren Kelly -, the staff and the teachers are friendly, communicative and willing to work with students and are very prompt addressing any questions parents may have. There is zero tolerance for bullying and parents have to ability to be on top of their young adults education thanks to the School loop system that updates grades and homework on a daily basis. A paperless school leaves behind the heavy loads of books to be carried around campus. Constant email communication between LVCP, students and parents brings LVCP to the top of the list of Charter Schools because it promotes parent involvement, which is what some students need to be able to smoothly get to the finish line. LVCP IS DEFINITELY A 5 START CHARTER SCHOOL.

Posted May 09, 2012
LVCP is a school that I know my children can grow in and learn and be challenged daily. The teachers are first rate and the "outside the box" thinking makes it a fun place to learn. I love the fact that my children are exposed to real life requirements for their college future at such a young age, too. We wouldn't go anywhere else in Livermore! A 5 star charter school education!

Livermore Valley Charter Preparatory High School
2451 Portola Ave., Livermore, CA  94551
Last modified Livermore Valley Charter Preparatory High School is a Charter school that serves grades 9-11. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Livermore Valley Charter Preparatory High School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top