K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

SMS is a great school and community. We entered mid-year during the 2015-2016 school year after a relocation from the Peninsula and could not be happier. The atmosphere was welcoming, excellent academics, and faith-based with service to community. The transfer was timely because SMS was ahead academically from where they transferred. The teachers were phenomenal at getting them up to speed in no time. The classes are small and manageable allowing focus on academics, building a community that is respectful and inclusive, We chose SMS over great public schools in the area because we were drawn to the history, the academics, the discipline and the community of not only faith, but service. Not to mention, the excellent extended care program that covers before and after school. Our kids are happy, love going to school to learn and be with their peers: we are thankful to have found that well-rounded foundation for our kids to grow.

My grandchildren attend St. Michael School and I could not be more pleased. I have the pleasure of attending several school events, such as grandparents' day, Thanksgiving Feast and open houses and enjoy all the interactions I have had with all the different teachers throughout the years. Each teacher gives their heart and soul to the classes. My grandchildren are happy and joyful and it is very clear that St. Michael School is a big contributor to that happiness. If you have a chance to visit the school, take the time! Thank you St. Michael Staff for all that you do each day and every day!

Spend some time at St. Michael School and you'll see a big difference in the way the students behave, the close-knit community of parents and teachers, the respect the students show adults and to one another. For more than 100 years, SMS has prepared students to excel in high school and college, and in life. They go on to become inspiring leaders and people. It's a joy to send our kids here and to be a part of this rich, wonderful tradition.

We moved our children to SMS 5 years ago from another private school, and have been so pleased. The community is unbelievably welcoming and accepting. There is a warmth that you feel when you walk onto campus, and my children LOVE the school. My husband and I went to Catholic elementary schools and have those friends still; our children have made lifelong friends too! Curriculum is current, technology is integrated daily, and teachers are amazing. My daughter now attends a college prep high school, and went in prepared to take all Honors classes. Christ is at the center of all things at SMS; compassion and Christian values are the foundation.

Today, I chaperoned a field trip to a theater at a local high school for my 3rd and 4th grade children who attend St. Michael School. Several St. Michael grades participated and they took up one third of the seating. The remaining 2/3rds of the audience to the right of us were filled with local public school kids. The St. Michael School students were quiet and did not fidget. The rest of the room was unruly, loud and a few were complaining of the length of the play. More than one adult in the "public school" area had to stand up and try to calm their students. The difference was so noticeable. Our academics are fabulous. What makes St. Michael School have an edge over other schools is the level of training and guidance they offer students to develop into respectful, mature young individuals who have manners and a spirit of giving that is so very hard to find in a non-Christian school environment. And you can see the difference literally!!

St. Michael School is a warm, caring environment with a strong foundation in Christ. We like the small class size and the personalized attention our children receive. The parent involvement creates a sense of community and sharing. The education my children receive there is outstanding and goes beyond academic excellence. There is a strong emphasis on respect, caring and faith. I would never consider sending my children anywhere else.

St. Michael is a wonderful school with a warm, welcoming environment. Each student is seen as an unique individual and the "whole" of each is nutured and taught academically, emotionally, physically, intellectually, artistically and, of course, spiritually. Students are taught lessons for Life not just the next test. My older children were well prepared for high school and beyond. I have no doubt my youngest will be ready be for whatever the future holds in store because of the foundation received at St. Michaels

This is my son's 2nd year at St. Michael School and our entire family loves it here. The education is exceptional and we are happy our son goes here. The campus provides a safe environment with incredible caring staff and administration. The families that bring there children here are wonderful and there is a strong sense of community here where everyone is looking out after each other. If you are considering this school for your child, we highly recommend it.

St. Michael School is a wonderful place for children to grow in Christ and in academic knowledge. In addition to the manditory subjects, children participate in art, music, and computer lab. There is one class per grade, so the kids and parents get to know one another and form friendships. Kids in middle school (6th-8th), in particular, receive the added benefit of a safe, caring, and accepting environment, not typically found in a middle school setting. The teachers and principal are accessible to parents and students, both in person and by e-mail, so communication is effortless. There is on-site before and afterschool care, at a very reasonable hourly rate, and you are only charged for the hours used. How do I know that St. Michael School is a great school? My kids, pre-teen/teen, love going to school each day.

Best decision we ever made sending our son to St. Michael! Great teaching and support in faith, great community of kids and parents and great teachers.

Last modified St. Michael Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades K-8