K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered School leader (1 response)

Posted January 09, 2016
We moved our children to SMS 5 years ago from another private school, and have been so pleased. The community is unbelievably welcoming and accepting. There is a warmth that you feel when you walk onto campus, and my children LOVE the school. My husband and I went to Catholic elementary schools and have those friends still; our children have made lifelong friends too! Curriculum is current, technology is integrated daily, and teachers are amazing. My daughter now attends a college prep high school, and went in prepared to take all Honors classes. Christ is at the center of all things at SMS; compassion and Christian values are the foundation.

St. Michael Elementary School
Grateful to: School leader

Posted December 01, 2015
Sally Douthit, our principal, for always having time and for bringing out the talent among our teachers, staff, parents and students.

Posted December 01, 2015
Today, I chaperoned a field trip to a theater at a local high school for my 3rd and 4th grade children who attend St. Michael School. Several St. Michael grades participated and they took up one third of the seating. The remaining 2/3rds of the audience to the right of us were filled with local public school kids. The St. Michael School students were quiet and did not fidget. The rest of the room was unruly, loud and a few were complaining of the length of the play. More than one adult in the "public school" area had to stand up and try to calm their students. The difference was so noticeable. Our academics are fabulous. What makes St. Michael School have an edge over other schools is the level of training and guidance they offer students to develop into respectful, mature young individuals who have manners and a spirit of giving that is so very hard to find in a non-Christian school environment. And you can see the difference literally!!

Posted September 13, 2014
St. Michael School is a warm, caring environment with a strong foundation in Christ. We like the small class size and the personalized attention our children receive. The parent involvement creates a sense of community and sharing. The education my children receive there is outstanding and goes beyond academic excellence. There is a strong emphasis on respect, caring and faith. I would never consider sending my children anywhere else.

Posted September 10, 2014
St. Michael is a wonderful school with a warm, welcoming environment. Each student is seen as an unique individual and the "whole" of each is nutured and taught academically, emotionally, physically, intellectually, artistically and, of course, spiritually. Students are taught lessons for Life not just the next test. My older children were well prepared for high school and beyond. I have no doubt my youngest will be ready be for whatever the future holds in store because of the foundation received at St. Michaels

Posted September 05, 2014
This is my son's 2nd year at St. Michael School and our entire family loves it here. The education is exceptional and we are happy our son goes here. The campus provides a safe environment with incredible caring staff and administration. The families that bring there children here are wonderful and there is a strong sense of community here where everyone is looking out after each other. If you are considering this school for your child, we highly recommend it.

Posted September 04, 2014
St. Michael School is a wonderful place for children to grow in Christ and in academic knowledge. In addition to the manditory subjects, children participate in art, music, and computer lab. There is one class per grade, so the kids and parents get to know one another and form friendships. Kids in middle school (6th-8th), in particular, receive the added benefit of a safe, caring, and accepting environment, not typically found in a middle school setting. The teachers and principal are accessible to parents and students, both in person and by e-mail, so communication is effortless. There is on-site before and afterschool care, at a very reasonable hourly rate, and you are only charged for the hours used. How do I know that St. Michael School is a great school? My kids, pre-teen/teen, love going to school each day.

Posted September 03, 2014
Best decision we ever made sending our son to St. Michael! Great teaching and support in faith, great community of kids and parents and great teachers.

Posted September 03, 2014
I have been able to send my two daughters to St. Michael School for the past nine years. I have been very pleased with the teachers, curriculum, and the campus at this school throughout the years. It is a fantastic school and I strongly recommend it as a potential school for your child(ren).

Posted September 03, 2014
From my time as a student, the reputation of St. Michael's education has always been stellar. My classmates who were St. Michael's alumni were placed in all the honors classes in high school. When I moved to Livermore and started my family, I knew there was only one choice for education- St. Michael's. We chose to send our children to St. Michaels not only for the academic education but the education on how to be a contributing member of a community. St. Michael's focuses on the whole child, teaching curriculum for the brain as well as the soul. Our kids learn daily about the world around them and how important it is to be an active integrated part of their environment. St. Michaels raises and educates children to be good people.

St. Michael Elementary School
345 Church Street, Livermore, CA  94550
Last modified St. Michael Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
St. Michael Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top