K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Hi, Folks. My children look forward to school each day and they adore their teachers. As a mom, I appreciate the longer school days and the smaller class sizes. I also feel that the academic content of the teaching curriculum is far above what we received in the public school system. God is welcome in the classroom and my children are blessed and thriving. I highly recommend Our Savior Lutheran School for the nurturing of your child's academic progress and spiritual growth.

The teachers are very caring and provide a great environment for kids to learn. Small classes are also a benefit! Good sports program (volleyball, basketball, track)

My children have thrived in the warm, small school environment at Our Savior. In addition, the academic program is excellent. The school administration boldly selected a fantastic curriculum called Core Knowledge 4 years ago. In addition to high Math and Science standards, Core Knowledge focuses on World History and American History taught in chronological sequence which is integrated with appropriate Fine Art, Music and Literature at each grade level. Starting in Kindergarten, students learn about world geography, Mesopotamia, Egyptians, Greeks, Romans, etc, all the way through modern times in middle school. I loved it when my daughter was studying the Middle Ages in 4th Grade and simultaneously was learning about calligraphy and artwork in the Gutenberg Bible and Gregorian chant in the early church. American History is also taught from Kindergarten, providing a firm foundational knowledge of our country's unique history. The History and integrated Liberal Arts program is outstanding compared to the Social Studies that is typically offered in other schools. If you are looking for an enriching academic program in a nurturing environment, Our Savior is an excellent choice.

Today I asked my 5th daughter what she liked best about her school, Our Savior Lutheran. Boy was I surprised, and pleased, when she told me History! She likes the way they learn about History, Art, Music and Literature altogether which is very interesting and memorable. The curriculum is based on the Core Knowledge Sequence which is very rich and rigorous and content specific. Of course, she also likes it because she has so many friends there. I like the k-8 environment. It is a small school so everyone seems to know everyone.

I am a student at this school. Yes, it has become much smaller, but I love the teachers here. I have been at this school since pre-school. The entire staff is amazing and supportive. Kids will be kids, one of the other comments says students here hurt each other by chucking balls. That is a huge over statement. I am extremely close to my classmates. If you ever have trouble in a subject, there is always a teacher willing to help. They have not combinded the 6th and 7th grade as of now. I love this school so much. We learn a lot. The size of a school does not matter does it? It matters that we get a good education from the start. We have an amazing principle who actually interacts with us. Teachers and students are very close. It is not hard to make friends at this school because everyone is so friendly. The homer work loads are reasonable as well. For the fourth grade they have a revolutionary day where the kids dress up as revolutionary characters and they do all kinds of stuff. This school is wonderful! I recommend it.

This school is falling apart at the seams. It used to be such a great school and loving environment. That has dramatically changed this year. So many totally out of control kids in this school and they refuse to suspend as they would hate to lose out on that enrollment money that they soi deperatly need. Kids physically hurting other kids by throwing balls in their faces on purpose...and the teacher gives the kid a warning vs removing him from the classroom! I say this school is done in another 2 years..so many kids leaving that they are combining a 6th and 7th class so they save money on teachers! Never mind how the kids will all get the level of education they need...it's all about money at this school!

I'm very impressed with what the school has to offer: Core knowledge, Great sports programs (basketball, volleyball, track, cheerleading), music, spanish, commputers, PE, and much more....I'm so excited that the school continues through Middle School, it's a great foundation for my kids. I couldn't be happier.

They have a great educational program and they are getting ready to implement the core program.

My daughter's teachers have taught and loved her during the past 2 years! she has grown physically, mentally, socially and spiritually! i could not have asked for more!!!

Our daughter is finishing 1st grade and has received such a tremendous education and our son will also be attending the school next year in Kindergarten. Excellent education, community and teachers. With public schools slashing budgets at the expense of the children it is a no brainer for us to send our kids to Our Savior. I graduated from De La Salle H.S. and Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo - and I know that education is the cornerstone of our children's future. I could not be prouder to be associated with Our Savior.

Last modified Evan Anwyl is a Private school that serves grades K-8