Our Savior Lutheran School

Private | K-8

Living in Livermore

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $430,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,595.

Sweep tile

Posted March 29, 2014

Hi, Folks. My children look forward to school each day and they adore their teachers. As a mom, I appreciate the longer school days and the smaller class sizes. I also feel that the academic content of the teaching curriculum is far above what we received in the public school system. God is welcome in the classroom and my children are blessed and thriving. I highly recommend Our Savior Lutheran School for the nurturing of your child's academic progress and spiritual growth.

Posted February 7, 2014

The teachers are very caring and provide a great environment for kids to learn. Small classes are also a benefit! Good sports program (volleyball, basketball, track)

Posted February 6, 2014

My children have thrived in the warm, small school environment at Our Savior. In addition, the academic program is excellent. The school administration boldly selected a fantastic curriculum called Core Knowledge 4 years ago. In addition to high Math and Science standards, Core Knowledge focuses on World History and American History taught in chronological sequence which is integrated with appropriate Fine Art, Music and Literature at each grade level. Starting in Kindergarten, students learn about world geography, Mesopotamia, Egyptians, Greeks, Romans, etc, all the way through modern times in middle school. I loved it when my daughter was studying the Middle Ages in 4th Grade and simultaneously was learning about calligraphy and artwork in the Gutenberg Bible and Gregorian chant in the early church. American History is also taught from Kindergarten, providing a firm foundational knowledge of our country's unique history. The History and integrated Liberal Arts program is outstanding compared to the Social Studies that is typically offered in other schools. If you are looking for an enriching academic program in a nurturing environment, Our Savior is an excellent choice.

Posted February 6, 2014

Today I asked my 5th daughter what she liked best about her school, Our Savior Lutheran. Boy was I surprised, and pleased, when she told me History! She likes the way they learn about History, Art, Music and Literature altogether which is very interesting and memorable. The curriculum is based on the Core Knowledge Sequence which is very rich and rigorous and content specific. Of course, she also likes it because she has so many friends there. I like the k-8 environment. It is a small school so everyone seems to know everyone.

Posted December 22, 2013

I am a student at this school. Yes, it has become much smaller, but I love the teachers here. I have been at this school since pre-school. The entire staff is amazing and supportive. Kids will be kids, one of the other comments says students here hurt each other by chucking balls. That is a huge over statement. I am extremely close to my classmates. If you ever have trouble in a subject, there is always a teacher willing to help. They have not combinded the 6th and 7th grade as of now. I love this school so much. We learn a lot. The size of a school does not matter does it? It matters that we get a good education from the start. We have an amazing principle who actually interacts with us. Teachers and students are very close. It is not hard to make friends at this school because everyone is so friendly. The homer work loads are reasonable as well. For the fourth grade they have a revolutionary day where the kids dress up as revolutionary characters and they do all kinds of stuff. This school is wonderful! I recommend it.

Posted June 4, 2013

This school is falling apart at the seams. It used to be such a great school and loving environment. That has dramatically changed this year. So many totally out of control kids in this school and they refuse to suspend as they would hate to lose out on that enrollment money that they soi deperatly need. Kids physically hurting other kids by throwing balls in their faces on purpose...and the teacher gives the kid a warning vs removing him from the classroom! I say this school is done in another 2 years..so many kids leaving that they are combining a 6th and 7th class so they save money on teachers! Never mind how the kids will all get the level of education they need...it's all about money at this school!

Posted April 4, 2011

I'm very impressed with what the school has to offer: Core knowledge, Great sports programs (basketball, volleyball, track, cheerleading), music, spanish, commputers, PE, and much more....I'm so excited that the school continues through Middle School, it's a great foundation for my kids. I couldn't be happier.

Posted May 20, 2010

They have a great educational program and they are getting ready to implement the core program.

Posted April 29, 2010

My daughter's teachers have taught and loved her during the past 2 years! she has grown physically, mentally, socially and spiritually! i could not have asked for more!!!

Posted April 28, 2010

Our daughter is finishing 1st grade and has received such a tremendous education and our son will also be attending the school next year in Kindergarten. Excellent education, community and teachers. With public schools slashing budgets at the expense of the children it is a no brainer for us to send our kids to Our Savior. I graduated from De La Salle H.S. and Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo - and I know that education is the cornerstone of our children's future. I could not be prouder to be associated with Our Savior.

Posted April 28, 2010

Our savior is truly the intersection where faith and excellence comes together. The school is the first school in the area to use the core knowledge curriculum. She has already well into her 1st grade math and she s still in kindergarten. There s a large support of parent involvement. They even have track and field competition for the kindergarten children. While other schools are cutting back on music programs our savior is teaching music. It s a great place to be a parent of a student !

Posted April 19, 2010

Our Savior is a school that teaches to the whole child - academically, socially, and spiritually. The school community is a family that works together to raise the children to be the best people they can be.

Posted January 31, 2010

Our son has been at OSLS for seven years and we LOVE it. Excellent educators, helpful office staff and a moral code that is not found at many other schools. We are very pleased with all aspects of this school and would recommend it to anyone!

Posted January 10, 2010

Thankful for a pubic school alternative. As our society puts less and less emphasis on respect, honor and moral behavior, it is a blessing to have a school who strives for these characteristics. Parent involvement is very important to me, OSL allows classroom and school developement input from its parents. Parent involvement that is heard and respected, not heard and ignored! Teachers who know & care for each student. Education that challenges all levels of students. Extra Activities that envolve all grades in school spirit, sports and family fun. A little know treasure to Livermore.

Posted November 12, 2009

Even in these tough economic times, Our Savior is making every effort to keep all the 'extras' such as music, art, foreign language, technology training, and athletics. No school is perfect, but this school is working hard towards academic excellence within a loving environment.

Posted November 7, 2009

The teachers are great: knowledgable, caring, and instill good values in the children. Have age-appropriate expectations for the children. School system is organized, provides many positive events for the children. The children are very well-behaved, due to the expectations and values communicated. The school system keeps close tabs on your child, and if anything is amiss, notify you immediately.

Posted November 6, 2009

I love to see the happy, well behaved children when I come on the campus. It is such a warm loving atmosphere.

Posted November 4, 2009

I love Our Savior Lutheran School because of the teachers, especially the fact that when there is a child out of place (or out of class) you immediately know where the child is supposed to be. Most of all though, the fact that my children can get an excellent education with wonderfully reinforced Christian morals is priceless.

Posted October 30, 2009

It's been a privilege to teach in such a loving environment for 20 years. I'm honored to be an extension of Christ's love as I instruct and interact with students. Besides, where else would kids run across the school yard just to give a hug?
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted October 25, 2009

Our Savior in Livermore is a great school. Both of my children went there from K-8 and they are doing great in higher education and life. Great nurturing enviroment, academic rigor with a solid foundation in the Christian church. Its realy a great extension to your family.

Ethnicity This school
Black 0%
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 0%
Two or more races 0%
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Larry Tietmeyer, Principal
  • Coed
Affiliation
  • Lutheran church - missouri synod
Associations
  • WASC & NLSA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious