Bad
Good

This school is reallly great. I love all the activities the kids do there and all the love the kids have for each other. The onl thing I dont like is the principal and vice principal who took over the job as principals from the previous principal who had been there ever since the school started almost 11 years ago. The vice principal last year was a very nice and calm person. I just hope the kids get good teaching and have a lot of fun there.

I love borchardt and my kids love it also and miss being there. I am hoping to get my children back into borchardt very soon. my children have learned alot from awesome teachers there like Mrs bellon . we wish she would come back. great teachers are hard to find.

First of all the GATE program is over rated and unnecessary. My kids did not benefit from this. There are some good teachers at Borchardt, but I was not impressed with the fifth grade teachers. Projects at this grade level are not explained well, and they are are crammed down their their throats back to back. When some projects are returned there is no explanation from the teacher explaining why they got the grade that they did ,or what they could improve upon for next time. Also, some teachers are being biased towards the children. They decide who gets detention, and other kids (particularly teacher's pets) will do the same wrong and get out of it all together. This is unacceptable and a teacher should get fired for this type of behavior. All children need to be treated on a level plane field, and they are not!

The teachers are so nice , i like this school

I love Borchardt. The teachers are great and are always available even during non work hours. My son transferred from SUSD and struggled to 'catch up' but with the help of the teachers and a lot of parent envolvemnt he not only caught up he received several awards. My son graduated from Borchardt tonight and I could not be any more proud of him and grateful to Borchardt.

Homework can be a lot at times, however, it is always meaningful and relevant. Teachers are readily available to answer questions or clarify assignments. In fact, many teachers give out their home and cell numbers so that students may call them!

I feel that the homework handed out on a nightly basis is excessive. I feel that the teachers do not explain the projects in enough detail.

Last modified Lois E. Borchardt Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.