Posted February 05, 2014
We are parents of two students of George Washington Elementary. Under the leadership of Principle Mr. Faith the attitude has changed for the better and some *substantial* academic improvements have happened, although program improvement continues. Our experience with teachers has been positive. The environment has always been very friendly. One hurdle the school does face is a large population of English language learning students. This affects academics, and it also leads to less parental involvement (because many of the families don't speak English at home and are unlikely to participate in school programs/classrooms). Washington runs a special program for student's with orthopedic impairment ("OI"). These kids mostly only have physical disabilities of varying types and otherwise belong in a general ed classroom. Starting at *preschool* they have access to teachers with this very rare OI credential who are able to support them and the parents uniquely. Our daughter was in this program until we moved and we do miss the staff. If you have a child with similar needs, Washington is amazing. CCS is on site as well but their staff and doctor are a miserable group of failures, sadly.

George Washington Elementary School 5

Posted September 29, 2013
Washington Elementary has blossomed in the last year. My son has been started Kindergarten last year. Mr. Faith was the new Principal. I come from a family of Teachers. I HAVE never seen a Principal so active in the school. I never see Mr. Faith just sitting in the office, with the door closed. He is always walking around, talking to students/ parents, very supportive of new ideas and the PTC. He is in the cafteria at lunch time, every day. He is in the parking lot after school. He is no push over either, and very firm. The teachers praise him because he sticks to his word. I'm proud my son attends this school. I know it will continue to grow. The more involved the parents are with education, the more successful the child will be!

George Washington Elementary School 2

Posted November 29, 2007

George Washington Elementary School 1

Posted March 03, 2007

Posted August 22, 2006
I have two children that attend George Washington school a son that is in the 4th grade and a daughter in the first grade. I would like to thank all of the teachers and staff at Washington school for caring so much about every student that attends. Test scores may not be the highest but the teachers and staff are the best. both of my children do very well and it is because the teachers all care so much. all of us parents need to remember that scores do not tell it all. And a teacher has the hardest job in the world and we as the parents need to thank god for teachers like the teachers at George Washington.

Posted August 15, 2005
My children have gone to washington all of their school years and have had a great experience. Their teachers have been very caring and involved in thier learning. The administration is directly involved in the day to day activities. One of the benefits of this school is the developmentally disabled program which is housed at this school. I feel that the children are able to become accepting of these children and in turn less likely to discriminate against them when they are older. My children have enjoyed their learning experience at Washington.

Posted March 24, 2004
As someone new to the area and the father of two children, I had questions about the quality because test scores weren't so hot. The teachers really care about the students. Hood (3rd grade) is an amazing teacher. The school is better than I expected. I just wish more parents would get involved.

George Washington Elementary School
831 West Lockeford Street, Lodi, CA  95240
Last modified George Washington Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
George Washington Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top