St. Margaret Mary Alacoque 3

Posted August 31, 2013
I have children who are enrolled in this school. I really considered taking them out of this year because of all the controversies that happened last year (2012-2013). Couple teachers who were both excellent, were terminated because of complaints from a few parents. The principal only listened to this small group of parents who call themselves Catholics and Christians but do so otherwise. It is unfortunate that a small group of people has so much power to decide on a teacher's future. Majority of the parents opposed the principal's decision to no avail. I really hope that the school will get their act together this year or else this will be our last year. The teachers are great except for the P.E. instructor whose "qualities" have been described in previous posts.

St. Margaret Mary Alacoque 4

Posted April 15, 2013
Judging from the reviews, it seems people either really hate it or really love it. For us, it's a good fit. We have two children who have attended the school since Kindergarten and both are doing well academically and socially. We can understand some of the negative comments posted below, but accept some of the school's weaknesses because, overall, SMMS provides a good learning and positive environment. Yes, we've had some great teachers and then some that were well...more of a challenge. We used those tough moments as learning opportunities--because when the kids grow up, they'll have co-workers and bosses (similar to classmates and teachers) that they won't get along with. Better that they learn life lessons now and how to be independent; it will better prepare them for the real world. We like how many families at the school share the same goals we have: quality education, strong family values, and a sense of community.

Posted February 27, 2013
This school really provides a quality high school preparation. Even though that does indeed mean more homework, I was really prepared for high school when I entered. The vice-principal is really nice and her way of teaching essays really helped me! The school has a warm atmosphere and I thought it was a great school.

Posted October 01, 2012
Both of my children attend thus school. It is an excellent school with a dedicated caring staff.

Posted June 17, 2012
All done and we are so very, very gratefull to finally be out of this school!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted June 17, 2012
Glad to be leaving. St Margaret Mary needs stronger leaders. The principal and vice-principal do not like one another and always contradict what the other one says. The mission statement only focueses on children that have behavior problems or special education. If you have a normal child he doesn't learn anything here. Enrollment is bad too.

Posted March 10, 2012
There was a parent meeting and told us how we should protect our kids more from bad things on cyber space and text mesaging but they had a marty gras party for that LA airport executive that lost his job for sending inapprprate pictures of his thing on his cellular phone the principal should be embarased for honoring that man.

Posted February 19, 2012
The athletics director uses bad language around children all the time. He is disorganized they need a better person incharge. When my sons team lost a game those poor children run for an hour nonstop no break for punishment. We never know practices times games always canceled. I don't think the guy knows what hes doing. Our sport fee goes to the secretary his mom and we never see money used again.

Posted February 12, 2012
My friend and I are sitting here reading this. We both go to Mary Star and loved our time at SMMS. The vice-principal is AWESOME! She is so fun and prepared us so well with all those grammar steps and five paragraph essays. Yea she gave a lot of homework but now English is really easy. 8th grade was soo fun! The secretary is always there to listen. You can go to her anytime to solve your problems. We went back there last week to say hi and we really missed it.

Posted February 02, 2012
This is a great school.Everyone there really cares for our children.The kids are very well taken care of.Academics are first rate.My children play sports and the coaches are great.My children are really happy there.

St. Margaret Mary Alacoque
25515 Eshelman Avenue, Lomita, CA  90717
Last modified St. Margaret Mary Alacoque is a Private school that serves grades K-8
St. Margaret Mary Alacoque Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top