Long Beach, CA

Posted September 26, 2012
Finding a school that has a professional yet truly caring and loving staff as well as a top-rate academic program that will challenge your child to work at his/her full potential is a most difficult task, unless your child is lucky enough to attend Marina Montessori. It doesnt take long to see why Marina Montessori has run a thriving and successful school for almost three decades! The teachers and staff at this school are committed to providing each child entrusted to their care with all the love and kindness their hearts can hold, while teaching them a rigorous and child-centered curriculum. My daughter was reading just weeks after enrolling at Marina as a Kindergartner! She is now in the GATE class at her Elementary School after having attended Marina Montessori from Kindergarten until 3rd Grade. My daughter was successful at Marina Montessori because above all else, she was motivated to be her best because of the loving, caring environment that Marina Montessori creates for all children. Marina Montessori gets it right when it comes to educating and caring for our most prized possessions, those little hearts we hold in our hands each day, our children.

Posted September 01, 2011
My 5 year old son is doing 3rd grade math & 2nd grade reading/vocab thanks to the teaching and encouragement of Marina Montessori. Teachers recognized after a few weeks of enrollment, that our daughter, 2yrs old, was more advanced than the same-aged-class she was in and immediately made the adjustment to place her in the 3-5yr old class. Teachers are eager to challenge the children so that they exceed expectation. We partner with teachers on what they are learning and how to reinforce the growth at home. Dance Webby Program comes to the school every Thursday if you wish for your child to learn dance(reasonable extra cost) . Very family oriented school & has many family generations of students coming to learn. Also, have two nice playgrounds on site for children to play. They have such a nice cot area for the kids to take naps, my 5yr old has started taking naps again by choice since he's started! Recommend this school highly.

Posted June 01, 2011
My son has been attending this school for the past six months and we couldn't have chose a better school for him!! Before he started attending there, he was in a in home day care. His father and I were very nervous about putting him in a school setting because we felt he was still so young. When we went to visit, we met the director and toured the school and it was then that we knew this was the school for us. Since then, our son has adapted very well and made many friends. The teachers are wonderful and very insighful. I would recommend this school to anyone who is looking for a fun, nurturing environment for their child.

Posted July 08, 2010
My daughter has been going to this school since she was 2 (potty trained). The teachers are excellent, the balance of learning is great. When ask, how is my daughter acadmic program coming along. The teacher is wonderful about talking to me about her progress. In all this is a wonderful school and when it comes time to take her out of the school we are going to very sad very sad.....Oh also my daughter is a grade higher ..........

Marina Montessori School 2

Posted January 20, 2010
The staff is wonderful & very nice. However, I wasn't too happy with the academics. It seemed like the kids watched a lot of TV (not educational TV, but stuff like Sponge Bob). My child didn't learn much there. I pulled her out & homeschooled her & got better results.

Posted October 15, 2009
I love the school so much. My five year old son is attending and absolutely hates leaving when I come to pick him up. His teachers are wonderful as well as the kids. He has many friends and always looks forward to going to school. The curriculum is great as well!

Posted October 13, 2009
My last child just graduated from Marina Montessori School after being the tenth relative attending. We started out with a two year old fifteen years ago and we liked the school so well, each of our siblings enrolled their children as soon as they were old enough to attend. When our cousins or other relatitves are old enough to go to school, they will surely go there. The teachers are so exceptionally nice, we consider them to be like family. Every once in a while we will go by just to say hello. My kids really enjoy stopping by and seeing their favorite teachers.

Posted September 24, 2009
I love this school. My Grandson has attended this school since kindergarten. He is in the 3rd grade now. The children that are in the older grades get age appropriate academia. His teachers are loving, but all business when it comes to the basic skills. It is a family run school and we enjoy being part of thier extended family.

Marina Montessori School 2

Posted February 17, 2009
Not to fond of this school. More of a day care then an actual school.

Marina Montessori School
2301 Ximeno Avenue, Long Beach, CA  90815
Last modified Marina Montessori School is a Private school that serves grades K-4
Marina Montessori School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top