Posted October 08, 2013
This is our 7th year at westerly, and we couldn't be happier. We have 2 beautifully well-rounded children that are happy and confident. Of course we wish our public system provided this type of education without cost, but the fact is they don't. We make sacrifices to send our children to westerly, but to us, nothing is more important. Having a 3rd grader and a 6th grader that want to go to school is priceless.

Posted September 22, 2013
Without my school, I would not be where I am today, nor be the person I am today. I owe Westerly everything, because it gave me something no one can take away, the best education ever. 9 years have never gone by so fast, but I was prepared to meet the world at the end of my years with confidence, self-reliance, and connections. I expect new buildings on the campus someday, and a huge sign before both turn-ins on 29th street telling who we are.

Posted September 16, 2013
Westerly School is shaping a generation of problem solvers who collaborate, articulate and will be prepared for a global environment when they look for their chosen careers. My children look adults in the eyes and speak clearly and respectfully, a rare commodity today! I am so grateful for this safe, heathly community where my three children have learned so much about being productive members of their school and their town. The rigorous accreditation that the National Association of Indepentent School requires of independent schools is one of the best ways to assure you are getting a solid foundation for you $$$. Families looking for a future for their most valued investment should do their home work, investigate, visit and reseach the location your children will spent a great deal of their formative years. Westerly School of Long Beach has been the brightest of beginnings for us.

Posted August 13, 2013
My grandchildren attend Westerly. I am impressed with the students, faculty, and administration every time I attend an event at the school. The students are very confident when presenting to an audience and they are very comfortable using an assortment of technologies in their presentations. I often ask visiting graduates about their experience of going from a small school to a large high school. They all tell me their Westerly experience prepared them very well. They had no difficulties academically or socially. I love being a part of the Westerly Community.

Posted August 13, 2013
My two children truly enjoy going to school each day. They even get upset if I pick them up too early from the after school program! Both of my kids are in classrooms with less than 20 students and each class has a teaching assistant. They enjoy a curriculum that includes: art, music, Spanish, and P.E. It's a hefty price tag, but so worth it.

Posted August 07, 2013
The school search for for our children ended as soon we stepped on the campus of Westerly six years ago. The small class sizes, the incredible faculty and staff, a great curriculum, the core values maintained, an exceptional after school program and the overall sense of community at Westerly are just a few of the reasons that we decided to send our two children here. Our children are currently participating in the Summer With Westerly program offered at the school and are enjoying every minute of it.

Posted June 10, 2013
This school is nothing short of amazing. My wife and I toured this school and were immediately struck by how engaged the students were. Westerly uses a very strong community approach to pull the best out of each individual student. The kids are challenged with strong academic, music, art, and Spanish, but are also supported by their peers as well as the faculty and administration. The younger students are even mentored by the older students. We couldn't be happier with how far our daughter has come just in Kindergarten. Westerly has an exceptional amount of parental involvement. Parents are involved in many volunteer opportunities and community events allowing the students to form stronger bonds with each other and with other families.

Posted December 10, 2012
Do NOT let the price of tuition prevent you from taking a tour of the campus. I was one of the parents who initially thought that there was no way that my family would be able to afford this school. However, thanks to Westerly's generous financial aid my son has received an amazing education! Westerly has lived up to their promise of differentiated teaching. My son works two grade levels above their already rigorous math curriculum and the faculty have gone above and beyond to challenge him daily instead of giving him "busy work" like the GATE program said they would have to do with him. The art and Spanish curriculum is also top notch. Students are often invited to display their work in galleries and usually ease into Spanish 2 in 9th grade. But the best part of Westerly life is the family feel of the campus. There are never fights or bullying! It is no wonder students here are confident and accepted to their first choice of high schools. I could not be happier with this school!

Posted August 14, 2012
Facilities and staff are unmatched anywhere in the South Bay area, including Huntington Beach, Seal Beach, Long Beach, all the way Rancho Palos Verdes where you find an equivalent school - Chadwick School and a couple others.

Posted January 31, 2012
In Long Beach, there are two types of students....those who went to Westerly and those who wished they did. My wife and I stumbled on to Westerly for our son who is in kindergarten after touring our home public school which is considered one of the best in LBUSD. But given the budget cuts, we looked and found Westerly. Its approach to teaching the entire student academically, culturally, musically, artistically, physically, and linguistically, i.e. Spanish for kinders, blew us away. (You have to take a tour to truly appreciate what Westerly has to offer.) The small student to teach ratio allows for individual attention and development. Moreover, the faculty is fantastic. They care and invest their energy and time to each student. There is an open door policy from the Head of the School down to the administration and teachers. There is clear communication with regards to what is being taught, how it is being taught, and what is going on campus. Further, the campus is clean, safe, and modern. Parents' involvement is high. Heck, even before school started, the parents got together for a summer bbq to meet and know each other and have continued to do so with holiday parties.

Westerly School of Long Beach
2950 East 29th Street, Long Beach, CA  90806
Last modified Westerly School of Long Beach is a Private school that serves grades K-8
Westerly School of Long Beach Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 32 reviews. Top