Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

i had an issue with my sons teacher so I emailed principal Mrs.Claflin and she responded that same day and the matter was resolved in no time

I as a student of the school can tell that this school is not good my years of being there has brought me good memories most bad. When I first started there in 3rd grade the first thing that happened was I got punched in the nose. I currently am in 7nth grade. Later in 4 or 5th grade I got beat up again. I had blood on my lip & going down my eye lids. This school is more like a prison. You must be careful of where you step. The homework intensity is insane. Some teachers are friendly depending what grade your child goes into. My experience at Colin Powell has brought me such shame & misery I couldn't begin where to start. I strongly Advise you as a Parent or student to reconsider. The meals are awful as well. As for the staff & faculty members they need to clean up their act.

Bad experience with staff members. my child was being discriminated for mis-behaving according to staff. wasnt being fed nutritionist food like the rest of students. having to sit in the sun for 35 min while on detention this school is no good. parents if you have a child with any medical problem attention deficiant this not the school for you. theres no resource for special students..there being mistreated and left out

i am very impressed with the school. i felt welcomed as a parent. this one of the best schools i have ever been to, no this is the best school i have been too.

Colin Powell Academy of Success needs more parents and community support. The number of students is 1247, and you may have only six to seven parents on campus volunteer, Parents please get involve with your child's school. The parents who do volunteer have employment; we use our vacation time, lunch hours to support the school activities. The students and teachers need parents, aunts, uncles, grandparents, neighbors to support the learning environment at Colin Powell. Thank goodness, for the teachers who volunteers so the students can participate in school activities.

This school has a excellent reputation for success and a short but perfect record for safe schools

I don't like this school some of the teachers don't care about the students. And it is really too many kids enrolled at this school. 3rd grade homework is not good either.

The academic program can be overwhelming for kindergarten and 1st grade students. 15 pages of homework due in 4 days tends to make a child not enjoy school so much. So re-enforcing the idea, that school is fun will be the sole support of the parent. There is not enough mixture of Ethnicity among the teachers, teaching in this neighborhood. Nevertheless, I have met some K-4th grade teachers who may care about children's the on a decent level. After school program is okay, but the WRAP program tends to switch the helpers from school to school after the students have known them for 2 years, which causes the children as well as the parents to fill unstable about the program. Stability is important in these multicultural inner city schools. Some children can be a little on the aggressive side, but cognitive re-inforcement and counceling can help with this

I think Colin Powell is a great school! I guess the only complaint I would have about this Academy would have to be the lack of parking!

Last modified Powell Academy For Success is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.