K-12|Private

Bad
Good

My son attended this school since K-4 and is now entering junior year in high school. The elementary years were great but middle school and high school is a bit of struggle. School changed curriculum during middle school and high school, and the teachers don't actually teach but just "monitor or supervise students" doing their work through PACE program and the IGNITIA online. Students who are not motivated lag behind. The school is not accredited. My son convinced us to get him to an accredited public online school to save money and get an accredited high school diploma. A few subjects may not be credited so he will need to probably delay graduation if he is not able to catch up in two years. I would not consider it average academically but instilling Christian education made it a notch higher...

I'll rate them 'A' on Christian Leadership.As an alumni, my high school diploma was not accepted in a University , I was told that the high school was not accredited, therefore I needed to get my GED... what a disapointment.

I am an alumni of FBCS. First Baptist Church School is a great place but I have to agree the education there is not the best. The rules are not stable either. Some teachers are careless about teaching and gives you free periods when students are supposed to be learning. Students get loose about learning and slack off at school and does not learn anything... The first thing this school needs to do in order to improve is to pick better teachers that actually knows what they are doing. School is a place where you learn. It's not a playground. Students need to learn for their future whether they will be in ministry or not.

I was first disappointed in the staff changes, but waited for time to tell before I judged. The new principals are doing a tremendous job and I believe the school is the better for it.

I am a former student of FBCS, and I would really recommend it, it's amazing! The experience is awesome, and it has really prepared me for high school! :DDD

My child went to this school and was not prepared to enter higher education. Although I understand that the purpose of the school is to train kids to go into the ministry, I do think that the kids should also be successful members of the working community.

Last modified First Baptist Church School is a Private school that serves grades K-12