No rating

Giant Steps Children's Center

Private | K | 22 students

Living in Long Beach

Situated in an inner city neighborhood. The median home value is $221,500. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,270.

Posted August 18, 2014

Giant Steps is an absolutely marvelous school! Teachers are sweet to the children, but will be firm when needed . Students come out as great learned ready for the big campus of elementary school! The teachers are sweet and take time to talk to the parents! The little thing children get in trouble for will soon turn to big situations if children aren't addressed appropriately! That's why the teachers address it to the kiddos and the parents so they can learn from it! I don't get why there are bad reviews. I use to be a student here and everything was fabulous! I am going to send my kids to this school for sure! ~An old student

Posted September 24, 2013

I'm the parent who posted a review on sept 24 2013 and meant to put a 5 star. My daughters been there for almost 4 years and I couldn't be any happier with the attention my daughter and son recive!

Posted June 3, 2013

worst school possible because of the teacher turnover and the children dont even get acknolwledged by the staff
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted May 29, 2012

This school has the worst staff and director that do not know how to treat children i found one of the teachers pulling on my son hand almost draging him to the floor. They don't pay attention to them.Teachers here tend to complaint about the smallest issues. i think they forget that parent pay for them to take care of their children. Some of their punishments to the children is unethical. They don't give the parents any credit for educating the child. In addition they are very negative when it comes to child and parent raising them.PLEASE DO NOT SEND YOUR CHILD TO THIS CENTER

Posted May 29, 2012

I do not recommend anyone to take their children to this school.They sit the students in time-out for an extensive amount of time. i was constantly getting called in the directors office for lame excuses that my child wasn't listening he's 3 yr what do they expect. this place was like BABY BOOT CAMP. we had a horrible experiece.:0( :0( the worst staff and director. the teachers just want easy $$$$ they do not put any attention to the kids.

Posted December 7, 2011

I do not recommend anyone to take their children to this school. This school has the worst staff and director that do not know how to treat children. They don't pay attention to them. Last week I was observing them for half an hour and all the staff did was stand around and talk to each other and was expecting the children to behave while they had their conversation. I also obseved them during supper time and they were serving them water instead of juice or milk. This is a horrible school to take your children to.

Posted November 2, 2011

I do NOT recommend you bring your child to this school. There are only 2 good teacher's at that school , the rest of them are just there for nothing , my child always gets a green card , YET they complain " oh he was doing bad but once I put him/her in time out he/she behaved very well ". I was in the observation room the other time and all I saw was a child who didnt do anything that bad , was pulled by the arm and sat in a chair . Whats wrong with that is , the teacher USED FORCE on the child , the children there are very nice & loyal . I JUST DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS SCHOOL FOR YOUR CHILD !

Posted July 28, 2011

Posted February 10, 2011

I am an educator and I needed to write this review. I do not work for Giant Steps. This is a great school. They are doing everything right instructionally. The phonological foundation they are creating is developmentally appropriate and is necessary for future reading skills. My child loves this school, he races in each day. I have dropped by at different times and observed unannounced from the observation rooms they have in every classroom. My child behaves each day and gets a green card, however, I have heard them correct his behavior and that of others on the play ground they are firm, and fair. I have reccommended this school to all of my friends for theri preschoolers. They provide an excellent environment. They are affordable and that is just a bonus, I would pay twice the fee if I had to to keep my child at this school. Thank you Giant Steps.

Posted June 15, 2010

I normally don't post reviews but I just had to. Our Family has had a wonderful school experience at Giant Steps. I would like to thank the director and staff for taking care of our children, teaching them so much and helping them become strong and caring individuals. ... Director JIM is a very good person. He showed many children discipline including my 4 year old thats getting ready for Kindergarten. School staff are all very concerned about childrens well-being and safety.Academics are excellent and staff is attentive and very helpful to children.The teachers teach more than a curriculum at this school. Very clean and they show you step by step on what they do for the children. I am very happy with this school and will be enrolling my 1 year old as soon as he turns 2! GREAT!!

Posted April 13, 2010

Giant Steps is a great child care center / school. My daugher has been attending GS for the last two years and has acquired so much knowledge as a pre-schoolers. There are also privacy rooms to observe the teachers and kids interact. GS steps is not afraid to move your child forward into the next class level. GS is very cleanand serves three hot meals. The teachers also make time to update the parent on how there child is performing.

Posted January 27, 2010

Giant Steps may look cozy and warm from the outside but looks aren't always what they seem> Don't be fooled by the nurturing dameaner. its all an act> They sit the students in time-out for an extensive amount of time. i was constantly getting calls @ work, for lame excuses that my child wasn't listening> he's 3 what do they expect. this place was like baby boot camp. we had a horrible experiece.

Posted July 22, 2009

My dauther loves this school and has attended for over 3yrs now; the staff is wonderful & my dauther has learned and grown so much...I wish she could stay longer but i know she has been given all the right tools to move forward and grow! we love giant steps & all the staff

Posted March 30, 2009

My son has been attending Giant Steps for almost a year now. Since he was not used to interacting with so many other children and being put into a class like setting, transition for him was not easy at first. ALL of the staff members were incredible at communicating with me and helping my son adjust to his new everyday environment. I first chose GS because they were one of the cheaper schools AND provided meals, but I came to find that they surpassed all the other schools I had ever looked into. They have a friendly, clean, fun, educational and loving environment. I am SO pleased and priveleged to have my son attend this school.

Posted March 27, 2009

I love this school. My daughter has grown and learned so much. And they really care about the students.

Posted April 11, 2008

This school is wonderful! The staff is great, and my son looks forward to going to school everyday. My son has learned so much, and his social skills have improved. He has really come out of his shell. I cannot wait until my youngest is old enough to attend Giant Steps. Good Job Giant Steps!

Posted March 17, 2008

This school seems to tolerate kids fighting. My daughter was getting punched in the face by another boy everyday and she finally stopped wanting to go to school. The teachers never told me this was going on. When confronting them they gave me the run around.

Posted June 20, 2007

This school is amazing! Both of my children have attended GS and one will be graduating soon!

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Mrs. Yajaira Duque
  • Coed
Affiliation
  • Nonsectarian

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

6951 Obispo Avenue