Long Beach, CA
Students enrolled: 1,117

Posted November 03, 2014
I had a concern about my sons homework that he was bringing home. He had nothing to go off on and after speaking to the teacher she said she was not worried about homework. How can they call themselves a magnet school. He does not get a lot of homework and a reading log thats a month long. The school he came from had a package homework and reading log that had to be sing by us the parents and teacher everyday...

Dooley Elementary School 3

Posted February 11, 2014
This is my son's 3rd year at Dooley elementary. He is in the excel program this year, and I have been less than pleased. Although many of my issues are with state budget cuts I feel the school could to a bit more to ease us through this difficult time. We need to get parents involved and have better communication between families, students and teachers. The office staff is less than helpful, never able to answer a question such as an email address request and many other simple inquiries. In understand that this school is located in an economically disadvantaged area, and often encounter inappropriate behavior. All the more reason to ensure teachers and staff our on their A game. Needless to say, we are moving in the next two months and I couldn't be happier!

Posted February 05, 2014
I transferred my child out of Dooley Elementary after making several attempts to contact the Principal Ms.Childs about a abusive teacher. When I finally got the opportunity to share my concerns with Ms. Childs she dismissed my concerns and flat out said "there's nothing I can do for you". I am a very present parent, volunteering every chance I can get, and over the years I have seen some very questionable behavior from both the teachers and upper staff at Dooley Elementary. Frankly, all the teachers and upper staff need to be carefully reevaluated both professionally and mentally.

Posted December 05, 2013
I HAVE TWO KIDS IN THIS SCHOOL.AM BY FAR BEYOND DISAPPOINTED. THE FRONT OFFICE ARE VERY RUDE AND THE PRINCIPLE IS ALSO DISCRIMINATORY..SMH..THINKING OF TRANSFERRING MY KIDS TO ANOTHER SCHOOL

Posted September 09, 2013
whoever does the shcool schedule has no common sence! I have a son that starts at 9:00 am . then I get to come back at 10:30 to drop off my Daughter at 10:45 for her class then I get to wait at the school for an extra half hour to pick up my son !! great schedule if you have no job!! oh yeah this year my son in the 5th grade gets to share his class and teacher time with 4th graders!

Dooley Elementary School 4

Posted August 22, 2013
My children are in the excel program and they have had really great teachers. The teachers are always helpful and they always make time to talk with me.The office people are rude and we tell the principal he doesn't do anything.

Posted August 13, 2013
Office staff is very unfriendly , rude , unprofessional and lazy. I try to avoid going or calling the office if I need any information I have to ask or call the teacher directly.

Dooley Elementary School 4

Posted April 23, 2013
My son is in third grade and has been attending since kindergarten. He has always had wonderful teachers, and the principal is wonderful, providing great direction for the school. I appreciate that the homework enhancing their classroom instruction but is not unnecessarily rigorous. I wish they would keep their website updated though, it would help because often flyers don't make it home.

Dooley Elementary School 5

Posted March 25, 2013
I have first grade excel student. This is our second year at dooley and I feel that he has learned and mature a lot. I really like his teacher she is very dedicated and is always available to talked to parents. I feel that many parents expect the school to do all the teaching but I strongly believe that parents should get involved in their kids education as well.

Dooley Elementary School 3

Posted January 27, 2012
my son just came into this school about week ago, He came from jane adams, since he started this school i began to notice how little the homework was here at dooley compared to jane addams the other day my son came home with 10 spelling words that he had to write 5 times each and read 20 min a day for his homework that was it at jane addams he was required to read 30 min a day with vocab, spelling and math facts along with a piece of reading material he had to read daily to exercise fluency i spoke to his teacher she said it was not a requirement for all that extra homework that the 10 spelling words and reading was sufficient, are they just doing the bare minimum here???

Dooley Elementary School
5075 Long Beach Boulevard, Long Beach, CA  90805
Last modified Dooley Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Dooley Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top