Bad
Good

Teachers are awesome! They actually care and go the extra mile to teach our children :)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Love the special education teachers at this school. My adhd son has made significant strides. We are blessed!

Our daughter started kindergarden at Birney and is now in the 2nd grade. The work level in second grade is quite high and in my opinion, academically the school is quite good. Like most schools, teachers are hit and miss. So far, we have been happy with our daughter's teachers.

They made my child strive to be the best in everyway.

School is nice and clean. Upper grades have too many students. Principal is too nosy and wants to know what is happening everywhere. He seems to be a controlling person. Teachers don't look happy

I love this school. My daughter has been here for 3 years now and my autistic son went here previously. I have had him in 6 schools in LBUSD and will say I truly love BIrney. The prioncipal is not only knowledgeable--he is friendly and parent oriented because he also has elemenatary aged children as well as the counselor. They both make a great team and so do the office staff who not only assist with office duties but become nurse and caregiver in time of need. I know my child is safe here with good teachers, caring staff and a PTA that truly wishes to improve on the quality of the students environment and extracurricular activities.

the school is great they do all kinds of fun events for the kids and the principal is awesome he is very friendly. this will be my sons second year going there and I love it the teachers are nice

Great school, great events and support from parents, my son has been there for four years now and I have no complaints, the principle is new but is very nice and seems to make the children and school a priority, though I miss the old principle the staff is professional and helpful. It is diverse and located in a nice middle class neighborhood, I love the positive environment, within the school and surrounding neighborhood.

Last modified Birney Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.