Long Beach, CA

Bixby Elementary School 2

Posted September 09, 2014
Hello school. Please tell me why 4 days onto school the kindergarten watched a movie?

Bixby Elementary School 3

Posted September 07, 2014
Most of the staff members are ok, if not pretty good. We've had one stinker per kid. Things should be good this year, but the new principal! Oh My Gosh! Yeah, we want to put our kids in a different school. Its only been 3 days and, already, she ignores what you say, talks down to you, and acted like you offended her when you talk about problems about the school. We were just telling about what its like at the school, not offending her personally, She doesn't even know what the school is like. She just started. She didn't listen to anything, and just kept trying to find ways to make us feel stupid for bringing stuff up, not to talk about our real problems, or anything. It was so weird. We Googled her, and read her reviews from her past teachers that she was in charge of. It seems like they (the teachers) were treated like us. Like they didn't feel safe talking to her, she wasn't fair about discipline, and you can't trust her. We also felt like she was distracted (like thinking about something else) while we were talking to her. Pretty weird. We don't know what we want to do. The teachers are good, but if she isn't going to be fair, or blabs about what we talk about, then its not ok.

Posted June 25, 2014
Bixby is an amazing school. My son has learned so much! He is currently in the PALS program and I couldn't be happier. Communication is amazing among parents, teachers and all staff. They have an abundance of after school clubs that students can choose from. As with any school, be involved. Your school is what you make of it. Mrs. Jones sadly is leaving this year to pursue another career path and I can only hope that the new principal is just as amazing as she was.

Posted June 06, 2014
I love this school!!! Both my GATE kids love this school!! This is the number one school in Long Beach Unified with heart and soul. Every school teaches your kids... We just like the friendly way Bixby does it. It is a caring , relatively small school, that get the job done. Supportive, caring, highly trained teachers that educate your child and make learning fun. Go Bixby...This is our 10th year at Bixby!! And regrettably our last. Onward Stanford.

Posted April 28, 2014
Okay, where do I start -- With the caring teachers? The spirited staff? The awesome groundskeepers? The great students? The involved and active volunteer parents?? It's all added up to an absolutely fantastic school experience for my kids. Through the challenges of budget, staff and curriculum changes, everyone has still managed to remember the importance of teamwork. Great!

Posted August 13, 2013
Bixby rocks! Every year we have been here it seems as though the parents get more and more involved and really pull the school community together.

Posted August 08, 2013
I love the small community is Bixby Elementary. The teachers and staff are excellent. We have a great PTA with involved parents.

Posted August 08, 2013
Bixby School is a special place that not only values student achievement but is a true community of students, parents, teachers, and classified staff, working together to address the needs of every child.

Bixby Elementary School 1

Posted April 19, 2013
Make sure you are VERY selective on who your 5th grade teacher is. We got one this year and he can't control his classroom. The classroom smells and my daughter tells me she hates it. This review is based on one teacher. I wish I changed my daughters school but she has been there since K. Very disappointed.

Posted October 27, 2012
After our home school was closed our son was sent to Bixby. It has been a great experience, the community feel of this school made us feel welcome. The teachers my son has had (Stamper) and now has (Wilkerson) are excellent. The WRAP program is excellent, my son doesn't mind having to go and that takes away some of my guilt that he is at school from 8 to 5:15.

Bixby Elementary School
5251 East Stearns Street, Long Beach, CA  90815
Last modified Bixby Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bixby Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 41 reviews. Top