Long Beach, CA

Posted July 25, 2010
Buffum is our home school and to be honest it was not my first choice for my children to go there. After meeting the staff who are very welcoming and helpful, which was a nice change from some of the other school that i visted, I was at ease with the fact that this is were they were going to go and focused on the positive. Buffum has a great kindergarten music class, my boys loved their teacher and i can honestly say had a very good experience. They also have a commited group of volunteers that try to make the most of whatever function the school puts on and a principal that is ever present. We might not have Mac computers but we have good teachers and staff that care about your children and their education.

Buffum Elementary 0

Posted October 08, 2009
My granddaughter was new to this school this year, and they have a wonderful program welcoming new kids to the school. They have all the new kids meet and sit down for lunch with a counseler and introduce them to each other. I think it is wonderful how they make the new kids feel special and wanted. Great idea and very helpful to the 'new kids on the block'!

Posted December 24, 2008
my oldest son went there and his younger brothers go there. I love Buffum

Posted November 25, 2008
My daughter has been a student at Buffum since she was in Kinder and now she's a fifth grader. We love Buffum!! The thing I have always loved about Buffum is how everyone (parents, teachers & staff) work together here for the children. I don't worry about my child when she comes to school, because at Buffum, everyone is family. Test scores are up every year because the teachers and staff work diligently to make sure our kids are getting the education they need. I don't say it often or enought, but thank you teachers, staff and some of dedicated parent volunteers for your part in my child's life at Buffum. Angelica

Posted November 24, 2008
My children have been at Buffum for 3 years and we love it.

Posted October 17, 2008
my son just started kinder and so far its been great can't ask for more

Buffum Elementary 0

Posted April 05, 2008
My son is currently in Kinder at Buffum, he has a great teacher and loves to go to school everyday. My son tries hard to get 'bulldog pride.' I could not be happier.

Posted April 02, 2008

Buffum Elementary 3

Posted November 08, 2007
Average, that is how I describe Buffum Elementary. The PTA is small, and is really struggling to get more parent involvement. The administration also seems be working out some kinks with the office staff, having to hire on temporary staffing for the end of last year seemed to have effected this year. I hope it starts to come all together because I am currently shopping around for a new school.

Buffum Elementary 1

Posted September 05, 2007
Very displeased with my child's 1st grade teacher and the teacher's unprofessional manner in teaching style. At this time I do not recommend this school for those that have a choice.

Buffum Elementary