Long Beach, CA

Posted February 11, 2010
I attended a meeting and found it was all in Spanish and since I don't speak Spanish that was a problem. Also, when my child was falling behind in a couple subjects, I don't think enough was done in the classroom to bring him up to speed. I can do my part at home, but I'm not a teacher.

Burbank Elementary School 3

Posted November 30, 2009

Burbank Elementary School 4

Posted October 09, 2009

Burbank Elementary School 0

Posted October 03, 2009
I am so proud of our teachers and their willingness to do whatever it takes for our students.

Burbank Elementary School 0

Posted September 23, 2009
Our 5th grader has attended Burbank since kindergarten. He has had a very positive experience on the whole; we have been impressed with the commitment and skill of each of his teachers.

Posted January 22, 2009

Posted March 26, 2008
I am a parent of an attending 4th grade student and one former grauduate from Burbank Elemetary. I love this school because most of the teachers which are diverse in nationality and gender, are 100% for the children's learning and behavior. I know that these teachers are not out to make a dollar. They are genuinelly concerned about what our children will become in the future. I had the oppertunity to meet the principal . I won't hesitate to say that this woman is very intelligent and vigorous. With those things being said,i believe there is 0 tollerance for Racism. The moment you step on campus a friendly welcom awaits you. I as a parent appriciate administrators and staff at this school, Especially the Rec. staff. To fill the shoes of a Recreatoional Aide is definatelly the art of God's work. Keep up the fantastic image to all of Burbank's staff.

Posted January 07, 2008

Posted July 25, 2005
I have 2 children that attend this school. One is in Kindrgarten and one is in the 5th grade. I like this school because the teachers let you know how your children are doing when you drop them off at school. All I have to do is ask. The supervision in the AM and PM for drop off and pick up is really good also. They make sure that no strangers are talking to the children or visa versa. Also they have came up with a valet drop off where when you pull up in your car other staff or students will open the car door for the student and let them out so you are on your way. I think other schools should implament this.

Posted May 06, 2005
Burbank Elementary has been known to Cater to Hispanic Kids which are the majority.Most of the teachers are Hispanic which makes it worse for African American kids.The school lunch program is of poverty level. I live in Burbank area, and want be sending my child there next year, I heard from neighbors but im glad i stopped by to take a look for myself.And im really glad this greatschool.com popped up on my computer this morning. It made my decision final, Teach all kids of Race, so we can stop the cycle of Racism that Truley exist.

Burbank Elementary School
501 Junipero Avenue, Long Beach, CA  90814
Last modified Burbank Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5
Burbank Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top