Bad
Good

Posted May 29, 2015
Very supportive and engaged staff. Great, safe area. Both rewarding and awarding in their handling of their their students.

Posted February 11, 2010
I attended a meeting and found it was all in Spanish and since I don't speak Spanish that was a problem. Also, when my child was falling behind in a couple subjects, I don't think enough was done in the classroom to bring him up to speed. I can do my part at home, but I'm not a teacher.

Posted October 03, 2009
I am so proud of our teachers and their willingness to do whatever it takes for our students.

Posted September 23, 2009
Our 5th grader has attended Burbank since kindergarten. He has had a very positive experience on the whole; we have been impressed with the commitment and skill of each of his teachers.

Posted March 26, 2008
I am a parent of an attending 4th grade student and one former grauduate from Burbank Elemetary. I love this school because most of the teachers which are diverse in nationality and gender, are 100% for the children's learning and behavior. I know that these teachers are not out to make a dollar. They are genuinelly concerned about what our children will become in the future. I had the oppertunity to meet the principal . I won't hesitate to say that this woman is very intelligent and vigorous. With those things being said,i believe there is 0 tollerance for Racism. The moment you step on campus a friendly welcom awaits you. I as a parent appriciate administrators and staff at this school, Especially the Rec. staff. To fill the shoes of a Recreatoional Aide is definatelly the art of God's work. Keep up the fantastic image to all of Burbank's staff.

Posted July 25, 2005
I have 2 children that attend this school. One is in Kindrgarten and one is in the 5th grade. I like this school because the teachers let you know how your children are doing when you drop them off at school. All I have to do is ask. The supervision in the AM and PM for drop off and pick up is really good also. They make sure that no strangers are talking to the children or visa versa. Also they have came up with a valet drop off where when you pull up in your car other staff or students will open the car door for the student and let them out so you are on your way. I think other schools should implament this.

Posted May 06, 2005
Burbank Elementary has been known to Cater to Hispanic Kids which are the majority.Most of the teachers are Hispanic which makes it worse for African American kids.The school lunch program is of poverty level. I live in Burbank area, and want be sending my child there next year, I heard from neighbors but im glad i stopped by to take a look for myself.And im really glad this greatschool.com popped up on my computer this morning. It made my decision final, Teach all kids of Race, so we can stop the cycle of Racism that Truley exist.

Posted February 26, 2005
I truly appreciate the teachers at Burbank Elementary, especially Ms. McCreight who has started the Concerned African American Parents Group. It is clearly evident that she cares about the children and wants to see them succeed. The Black History Month program that she put together for last week was amazing. I can't wait to see what else in store for this program.

Posted November 19, 2004
Most of the teachers are good. However, the school caters to the English learning students.

Burbank Elementary School 3

Posted November 14, 2004
Year round school with colorful art murals.

501 Junipero Avenue, Long Beach, CA  90814-1031
Last modified Burbank Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.