Long Beach, CA
Before care: Yes

Maple Village School 1

Posted February 27, 2014
Teachers are uneducated in curriculum. They push their beliefs and opinions onto parents and children rather than focusing on children's potential. It's truly unfortunate for this school, because parents try their best to conform to this schools ignorant philosophy. Teachers are lazy and want what's easy.

Posted July 02, 2013
Maple Village School is a school with an amazing heart. We loved it from the moment our children started there, in kindergarten and in the 2/3 combo grade class. The teachers are dedicated and responsive, the staff and administration are always listening and caring, and parents are very eager to support the growth and well-being of this little fledgling school. Just by visiting this school, you can feel how special this school is. It really operates on the three-fold aspect of Waldorf education: head, heart and hands. I highly highly recommend this school to anyone looking for a self-and-community-centered education--the school creates a beautiful balance--and wanting their child(ren) to be strong, courageous and imaginative citizens of the future. What more can a parent ask for in an education, in a school? You will fall in love, I am certain.

Posted December 01, 2012
I will forever be grateful that my family found Waldorf, and Maple Village specifically. Having had a "conventional" school education myself it took a while to begin to appreciate what they do and how they do it. I now have my two young kids at Maple Village and I truly can no longer imagine sending my kids to another school. The school and the wonderful teachers seem to take full responsibility for the children, as individuals -- not just for their academic education or for their entertainment or for their socialization. I feel like my children are being guided through their first steps outside of our house, physically, emotionally, academically, and spiritually. My experience with Maple Village has already changed many of the ways I view education and even the way we raise our children.

Posted November 16, 2012
I have been a parent at MVS since it's inception. I now have 2 children there, grade 1, and parent / toddler. I can't safe enough about the warmth, compassion and reverence that goes into every aspect of this school. The approach to education is unparalleled. I am now a student in Foundation Studies for Waldorf Teacher training. Knowing that every teacher my children meet along this journey has gone thru this training makes me feel even more blessed to have found Waldorf Education. The community of parents, teachers and administrators is like family! An inspiring, warm, compassionate group of human beings!

Posted November 16, 2012
II am so glad one of my friends told me about Maple Village School! My daughter is enrolled in the Parent/Toddler class and we both love it. There is a real sense of community at this school. I value the focus on nature, connection with the seasons, play, and healthy living and eating. It is a very nurturing environment that your child will blossom in. I highly recommend you go to their website to learn more about Waldorf education and set up an appointment to sit in on a class. They currently offer classes up through 2nd grade or 3rd grade I believe. You will be so happy you did!

Posted November 15, 2012
I have both my kids enrolled in the Parent Toddler program and we can't say enough about how much we love it. We walk into the classroom and are instantly surrounded by warmth and beauty. Our teacher Ms. Lisa is amazing. My favorite part of the class is her storytelling which is accompanied by Mr. Andreas' live guitar music. I love that my kids see music comes from a real person they see every week and they come home and try to set up mini stories of their own just like Ms. Lisa. The kids and parents are treated with so much love and respect. Maple Village has inspired my family in so many ways. We have adopted quite a few traditions from the classroom setting. We also love the emphasis on nature and healthy eating and the environment is ideal for kids to learn through wholesome play and experience. I have also really come to love the community of parents which has welcomed me with open arms. And I love that I get to keep learning as part of the Waldorf experience, not just my kids.

Posted August 07, 2012
How do I put into words what this school has given my son and family? A joyous peaceful life that we all love! My son began at the school at age 3 and is entering his fifth year there this Fall. His challenging, spirited Self has been honored and gently re-directed in ways that have preserved both his innocence and his esteem. He is honestly the most self-assured yet thoughtful child I know and I know this has so much to do with Maple Village School and its incredible staff of fabulous educators. As an educator myself - of twenty years and counting - I cannot recommend a place more for instilling in our children a lifelong love of learning, an enthusiasm for life that is infectious. In my opinion, nothing is more important to the planet right now than that!

Posted June 07, 2012
An excellent concept school in a peaceful setting. Wonderful work done with the children and lots of communication with parents regarding children's development.

Posted May 14, 2012
My kids love this magical place, I can not be more happy, the teachers are so nurturing and caring, they only have healthy foods, it is environmentally friendly, "time out" does not exist :) , you can feel the good energy as soon as you enter in the hallway, it is a beautiful place, I feel so lucky to have my kids there. It is a stress free school for our children, lots of stories, acting, arts, music, playing, they have been learning so much!

Posted May 04, 2012
We're currently enrolled in the Parent-Toddler class at Maple Village, and we find it very satisfying. My son is thriving, and loving every moment, and I enjoy seeing him love learning new things, making friends, and becoming such a balanced boy.

Maple Village School